Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

N1 LED Tailights, Interior Chrome Fading?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 02:41 AM
5 Year Member
N1 LED Tailights, Interior Chrome Fading?

Hi Fitfreaks.

For the ones with N1 LED tails, the red/smoke ones in particular.

I notice the reflective housing inside the smoked part is looking dull. At first I thought there was a air leak or something with condensation, (luckily not, or knock on wood), but it seems to look like if the chrome inside the lens is starting to dull out.

Thing is, it is only happening to my drivers side tail light, and my passenger side (right) doesnt look like it is dulled out as much as the left side. The lens are in good condition, cuz I have used Megulars Plastix and stuff, but the inside is what I'm talking about.

Any solution, or ideas, (except replace them) or am I probably gonna have to deal with it?

Thanks. Hopefully everyone with N1 LED smoke/red, come to notice or check this out.

PS. Except for that, (knock on wood) 100$ LED tailights have done me good. I'm satisfied with them.

Old 09-06-2008, 09:59 AM
I've only had mine for a couple weeks so I don't have any of those symptoms :-/ sorry to hear about it.

I'll keep a look out

Old 09-06-2008, 10:24 AM
5 Year Member
probably would have been best to put a bead of silicone around the housing before you installed them.. its still not too late. at least for some peace of mind.

i've only had mine a few days so i haven't had that problem yet. you could try converting those incandescent signal bulbs to some superbright LEDs (placed in series with a load resistor so you don't have crazy flashing lights) then get some spray on tint to smoke the top part of the lens more.

they're kinda cheap so you got to work with what you've got or buy new DEPO lights.. or even OEM. if the reflective surface inside the housing became dull for whatever reason there isn't anything else you can really do about it