LED tailights, install, convert, DIYs - Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

LED tailights, install, convert, DIYs

  #1  
Old 07-27-2005, 12:51 PM
New Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Thailand
Posts: 8
LED tailights, install, convert, DIYs

I own a Jazz Cool in Thailand and have been looking for the Japanese Fit LED taillights with no luck. Does anybody have any leads/contacts where these can be purchased?
Thanks,
Sross
 
  #2  
Old 07-27-2005, 02:00 PM
Member
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bergen, Norway
Posts: 73
Without going into the hidious-factor of the led tails - there are several available out there now. I will try to find a retailer for you. That being said - there are kits available too which allows you to retrofit the leds into the OEM housing.
 
  #3  
Old 08-04-2005, 05:05 AM
New Member
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: philippines
Posts: 9
led

hi, im from the philippines and member of Honda GD city and jazz united. and here in the philippines u can find a lot of dealers selling led type tail lyts. if u want just pm me ur email add and il try to look 4 their websites.
 
  #4  
Old 08-08-2005, 04:42 AM
DeJaVu's Avatar
New Member
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Indonesia
Posts: 25
Originally Posted by rhommel19250402
hi, im from the philippines and member of Honda GD city and jazz united. and here in the philippines u can find a lot of dealers selling led type tail lyts. if u want just pm me ur email add and il try to look 4 their websites.
can I have those links?
 
  #5  
Old 08-08-2005, 06:01 AM
Member
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bergen, Norway
Posts: 73
Also - remember that the LED tails are NOT street legal!
 
  #6  
Old 08-08-2005, 07:54 AM
mav's Avatar
mav
mav is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 315
Why not? LEDs are being used as OEM parts in many high end cars in recent years.
 
  #7  
Old 08-08-2005, 10:00 AM
shahril78's Avatar
Member
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 88
In Malaysia, theres nothing wrong fitting an LED taillamp.
 
  #8  
Old 08-08-2005, 10:49 AM
Member
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bergen, Norway
Posts: 73
Well, that could be true. All I know is that in Europe all those lights are prohibited.
 
  #9  
Old 08-09-2005, 09:37 PM
jjmichaels's Avatar
Member
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: In the eye of the storm
Posts: 32
Originally Posted by strepto
Without going into the hidious-factor of the led tails - there are several available out there now. I will try to find a retailer for you. That being said - there are kits available too which allows you to retrofit the leds into the OEM housing.
Are you referring to these type LED tails?

 
  #10  
Old 08-09-2005, 10:52 PM
JAGmd's Avatar
New Member
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: VA
Posts: 13
Hey I like your LED tails. They look pretty good.
Just my opinion though.

JAG
 
  #11  
Old 08-10-2005, 01:07 AM
Daņiel's Avatar
Member
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 539
They use LEDs on city busses here now.
 
  #12  
Old 08-11-2005, 10:04 PM
jjmichaels's Avatar
Member
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: In the eye of the storm
Posts: 32
Originally Posted by JAGmd
Hey I like your LED tails. They look pretty good.
Just my opinion though.

JAG
Thank you for your comment. It shows you have good taste. They are JDM tail lights and matching 3rd LED brake lights without a hint of anywhere near being hideous.
 

Last edited by jjmichaels; 08-11-2005 at 10:13 PM.
  #13  
Old 08-12-2005, 07:02 AM
New Member
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Philippines yeah rock on!!!!!
Posts: 15
Originally Posted by jjmichaels
Thank you for your comment. It shows you have good taste. They are JDM tail lights and matching 3rd LED brake lights without a hint of anywhere near being hideous.

sir just wanna ask what are the performance parts that you install in your jazz?... just curious about the jdm led tails and 3rd brake light how much is the price?? did u buy it @ emperor? tnx.... pls do PM me the parts that you install in your jazz...tnx....
 
  #14  
Old 08-12-2005, 07:43 AM
jjmichaels's Avatar
Member
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: In the eye of the storm
Posts: 32
The car has a 3 part feature in Top Gear Philippines for July, August and September.
 
  #15  
Old 08-12-2005, 04:53 PM
Member
5 Year Member
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Manila
Posts: 91
Love the lights dude!!!
 
  #16  
Old 08-13-2005, 07:31 AM
jjmichaels's Avatar
Member
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: In the eye of the storm
Posts: 32
Originally Posted by sross
I own a Jazz Cool in Thailand and have been looking for the Japanese Fit LED taillights with no luck. Does anybody have any leads/contacts where these can be purchased?
Thanks,
Sross
Purchased these in the Philippines. The name of the shop is Emperor Motorsports. Owner is Dolf and his cellular number is +63917-824-5555.
 
  #17  
Old 08-15-2005, 02:01 AM
New Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Thailand
Posts: 8
Hey jjmichaels thanks for the info. Your response has been about the only lead I've had on these lights. Lots of comments, but no info.
Seems to me that most manufacturers are going the LED route (brighter and longer life), contrary to what's happening in Norway. And also seems to me most people like the LED's except for people in Norway.
 
  #18  
Old 08-15-2005, 02:50 AM
jjmichaels's Avatar
Member
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: In the eye of the storm
Posts: 32
sross, always glad to help out fellow Jazz/Fit enthusiasts. Let me know how it goes, if you need further help I can PM you my contact details in Manila.

Cheers!
 
  #19  
Old 08-15-2005, 04:48 AM
DeJaVu's Avatar
New Member
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Indonesia
Posts: 25
Originally Posted by jjmichaels
Purchased these in the Philippines. The name of the shop is Emperor Motorsports. Owner is Dolf and his cellular number is +63917-824-5555.
Are they imported from Japan? or retrofitted from Taiwan? in Indonesia, there is a housing distributor called ESDEPO (check my spelling) who has them from about US$475 a pair and headlight for around $250 a pair.

http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/groups/g_13...4pFADBfsc97JAR
 

Last edited by DeJaVu; 08-15-2005 at 05:31 AM.
  #20  
Old 08-15-2005, 05:55 AM
jjmichaels's Avatar
Member
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: In the eye of the storm
Posts: 32
JDM = Japan. YBtw, your link is dead.
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LED tailights, install, convert, DIYs


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.