Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

LED tailights, install, convert, DIYs

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 12:04 AM
The rear fog only has to be on when the front fogs are on.

Your best bet is to get a set of UKDM rear tailights and put them on. You'll probably have to rewire it so that the rear fog comes on when you turn the front fogs on.

PM Kentris as he may be able to help you out. He's one of the more active UK members on this board.

Old 03-02-2007, 04:15 AM
5 Year Member
thanks for the info guys

but i think i got myself worried over nothing, i thought the reverse lights were LED too...

as the fog lamp is not on all the time, i could just replace the one of the reverse bulbs for a red bulb and rewire to switch on the dash.

Old 04-02-2007, 09:35 PM
USDM wiring to JDM Taillights

As I am sure some of you may have heard what happen to those of us that were involved in the Group Buy with Pole Postion. None of us received the socket/adaptor that will allow us to install the back up/reverse light into the JDM taillights. After bringing it to the attention of Pole Postions people we were simply told "Good Luck". What I am asking is if anyone out there either knows of where we can acquire these sockets, or knows of a part number for them so we can try to track some down. I appreciate any help that can be provided. Thanks for time

Old 04-02-2007, 09:57 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
are they a vendor on here? That is horrible. You should report them to the BBB. That islike ordering a set of wheels and only receiving 3. They should definitely step up and resolve the issue. ESPECIALLY if they are a vendor here.

Old 04-03-2007, 12:03 AM
Originally Posted by Mynute 1
As I am sure some of you may have heard what happen to those of us that were involved in the Group Buy with Pole Postion. None of us received the socket/adaptor that will allow us to install the back up/reverse light into the JDM taillights. After bringing it to the attention of Pole Postions people we were simply told "Good Luck". What I am asking is if anyone out there either knows of where we can acquire these sockets, or knows of a part number for them so we can try to track some down. I appreciate any help that can be provided. Thanks for time
Just looking through the threads and it appears you were the one that setup the group buy with Pole Position. Was there any communication between you and them in regards to additional sockets being included with the group buy?

In your thread here: https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...reverse+socket

Bennet Pullen says:
After looking at other retailers that sell these lights they mention including a "reverse light socket" with the lights/LED board. Am I the only one that didn't get this part? I have e-mailed Pole Postion (saturday) but no response yet.
But from reading the entire thread it never mentions that the socket was supposed to be included.

Also, it has been noted that the reverse socket had problems (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...cket#post73680)

BTW, I am not associated with Pole Position in anyway, just pointing a few things out.

Anyways, to answer your question, Ben @ A&J can most likely get the rear sockets. Try giving him a shout (but wait until after wednesday cuz he's out of town till then)

Last edited by Mugen_Dom; 04-03-2007 at 12:06 AM.
Old 04-03-2007, 09:42 AM
Administrator
5 Year Member
if you look at ALL of your stock sockets, 2 of them have the 4 prong style. all you do, is set the one in that it out of allignment, twist a tiny bit, then the other 3 fall into place. I am sure, if you want, you can go to Honda and buy replacement 4 prong sockets just to have as spares.

Old 04-03-2007, 05:02 PM
Yes, I am the one that set up the group buy. I guess I should expect that when I buy something from a dealer I should ask them to make sure if everthing is included. I probably should have asked Pole Postion if they are going to included the LED bulbs, and I suppose I should ask them if they are going to include the wires to hook up those LED bulbs. I mean hell, the group buy was for the taillights, right I probably should feel lucky they included the LED bulbs and the wiring harness. I'm not sure how you feel like you should be treated, but when I buy something from someone I expect everthing that is needed for the installation to be there. If not, have the balls to let me know that I will need something before you take my money. That is what seperates the reputable businesses from those that want money at whatever the cost. If I have offended you, I am sorry. I'm quite sure the folks at AJ's Racing, A-spec, Skunk 2, King Motorsports, Battleendless Performance, Rav SPec, Bernardi Parts, Zeta producducts & the Tire Rack (hope I got everyone ) don't treat their customers like that. Oh, and one last thing........there seems to be someone missing from Fit Vendor page. Can you guess who ?

Old 04-13-2007, 09:16 PM
Did anyone find where to get these? I bought a set from makotoautotrends on ebay, and they did not come with the 4 wire adapters either. I am going to my dealer in the am to see hwt I can get. Hopefully I can just buy the adapter, without having to buy some sort of harness piece.

Old 04-14-2007, 04:35 AM
5 Year Member
to clear it up, u use ur STOCK turn signal plug and ur STOCK backup reverse plugs. The TURN SIGNAL PLUG FITS PERFECTLY, JUST A LITTLE TIGHT! the BACKUP socket has 4 prongs where the taillight socket has 3 prongs. All u gotta do is get 3 of the 4 prongs lined up with the taillights and turn, it will hold snugly.

Old 04-15-2007, 01:32 PM
Well mine are backwards from what koolkevin described. I have 4 holes on my JDM tails, and only 3 prongs on my stock reverse lights. The problem is that the prongs on the reverse lights are about twice as large as the holes, so there is no way it is going to fit. The bulb for the upper break light will almost fit (would fit with enough force), but the plug on it is different so I would have to mess with the wiring. I want to keep my wiring stock (sans extension) in case I want to put the stock lights back on.

Are these things really different from year to year or something? or maybe the different styles (clear/clear, red/smoked, etc) have different plugs?

Old 07-04-2007, 11:09 PM
Taillight problem...

Ok I bought a set of aftermarket tailights (the ones with the white on top and the red at the bottom)

my problem is, on the passenger side light the brake light wire is too short to be pluged into the LED unit and was wondering if anyone had the same problem or even a fix for this?

These are what I'm talking about

Old 07-05-2007, 12:13 AM
Retired Moderator
You gotta extend the wires...

Old 07-05-2007, 12:46 AM
so basically cut, add more wire then sodder and tape up?

Old 07-05-2007, 03:13 AM
sounds like it. a lot of ppl on the forums have been having that issue with aftermarket tails. many of them needed to extend the wires.

how much were those tails and where did you buy them from? they look pretty nice. do they fit well?

Old 07-05-2007, 10:40 AM
These tails were a little over $100CDN and I got them on eBay. They fit perfect the only problem is that I have to extend that one connection.

Oh and they do look really good on the Fit

Old 07-07-2007, 09:47 AM
5 Year Member
I just put the LED tails on my Fit last night, I LOVE THEM. They look great. I got them from N1 Concepts.

I'm going to post a video later when I get home from work. Best mod I've ever done.

I had to extend some of the wires, but that isn't a big deal at all. Well worth it IMO.

Last edited by Crawly; 07-07-2007 at 09:49 AM.
Old 07-17-2007, 07:00 PM
Retired Moderator
LED tailight intall questions.

Im thinking about buying LED tailights for my Fit. I was wondering how hard they are to install? Also do you have to change up the wires becuase they are LEDs?

Old 07-17-2007, 07:28 PM
5 Year Member
not hard at all, and no changing wires just extend them if you want?

Old 07-17-2007, 07:29 PM
it's really pretty simple, as long as the new thing fits. it you're buying a JDM LED brakelight, there shouldn't be any problems. i personally opted for something different, and thus don't know about the JDM one, but do know that i had to alter mine to make it fit.

IIRC:
open your hatch, there is a plastic cover that you pop off or screws off, and another piece, i think the reflector. you can then see the bulb, which you take out. on my version, i had vampire clamps that i just connected to the bulb holder's wires. now you should just be able to pop the light board in and close everything up.

for me, my light board was too big to fit without shaving down the sides. also, let lights prevented me from using the red reflector, but my window is tinted and the LEDs are red, so i dont care.

Old 07-17-2007, 07:57 PM
Retired Moderator
Ok, thanks for the answers. Im probaling going to go JDM just for quality and for the peace of mind knowing that it will Fit perfect, even though the JDMs are like 300$ on ebay and the others are like 90$. Hopefully it will be as easy as it sounds!

Quick Reply: LED tailights, install, convert, DIYs