Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

LED tailights, install, convert, DIYs

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 02:31 AM
5 Year Member
damn thats actually pretty damn tight. ey fits all u got any more pix? i really like dat.

Old 01-10-2007, 02:12 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fits_all
finally got it together. This pic was during install, wasnt finished adjusting the lamp btw.[IMG][/img]
Thanks for the info! They look good. How was the install and do you have any finished pics?

Dave

Old 01-10-2007, 08:00 PM
5 Year Member
thanks koolkev and Dave. I do have more pictures, ill post em up later since im kindof busy. The install is easy when swapping the lamps, but the left lamp is a problem to unscrew the top screw from the inside. That was challenging but its not impossible. By the way, since removing the bumper is a must to install, it is very easy, in fact i can steal one from the parkin lot and carry it around since its 2 lightweight too lol. When removing the bumper, after you take out all pins and screws, dont be afraid to add some force to take it out, it begs for it(this in the middle part of the bumper)
After all, install is very easy, you might want having someone around, even a 5 year old kid just to help you keep the bumper straight. If i can help out more, im here 2 help.

Old 01-10-2007, 08:51 PM
Hey fits all, are the ones you installed like the ones on eBay in the original post, or are they from somewhere else? I like the idea of the original style with just replacing the red bulb area with LED's. Thanks in advance for your time.

Old 01-10-2007, 09:32 PM
5 Year Member
I bought them from a company through ebay. They are like the original taillights, just with LEDs just like you said. One factory plug of the car you wont use, just disconnect the bulb and leave it hanging though, no damage caused bcuz of it. Youll only use the original bulbs in the signals and reverse side.
ONE THING I MUST WARN everybody who wish g etting these. As far as i know, these smoked led tail lamps are sold only by that company which is K2 Motor. I dont know if they fixed the only problem they have, which I already told them about, that is the bulb plugs of both signal and reverse. I made my bulbs fit by tighten them in it, but they are not made correctly. What I mean is, if you can go check, the rear housing of your factory taillight has different type than the other one. What I mean is the signal hole has four little squared holes where you should fit the bulb with the plug in it, and the reverse has three of these holes. The ones I bought has all of em 4 holes, and its kind of stressfull to get em fit correctly.(and not make em fit pointing upwards)
again I say, they are not cheap, and dont give me the 'you get what you pay for" shit, cuz again, theyre great, maybe just got confused in the ones I got lol. By the ways, you can look at my taillights and cant see something wrong(theres none now btw)

Old 01-10-2007, 09:50 PM
5 Year Member
another pic for you guys.... like you asked me for, the finished results. And of course, the dirty rear bumper, its so impossible not havin it [IMG][/IMG]

Old 01-11-2007, 12:39 AM
that looks pretty clean i like it

Old 01-11-2007, 03:10 AM
5 Year Member
yeah i gotta admit its super clean i really might get a set. basically i want led's in the back but keep the stock oem look. i was gonna get the set from the philipeans (sp?) cuz it looks like the stock taillights but led's BUT now i really like the full clear ones.

Old 02-06-2007, 11:48 AM
Oem Led Tails Install

Looking to purchase a set of the Oem Led Tail Lamps.
I was wondering if it's straight plug and play or not.

Doing some research there was mentioned that the factory harness
needed to be extended. I really do not want to cut the factory wires.

Please let me know.

Thanks..

Old 02-06-2007, 03:12 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah on both sides youre gonna have to extend wires...you could do what I did for a while, and disconnect all the clamps holding the wires in place as they cross from the left to the right of the hatchback under the plastic molding, but then you wont have any reverse lights on either side...

Old 02-06-2007, 04:14 PM
Thanks...do they have harness for this? Hate to cut into the factory harness to extend it.

Old 02-06-2007, 05:00 PM
5 Year Member
buy an extension harness or make one.
I've seen them on ebay before.

Old 02-06-2007, 08:50 PM
Originally Posted by 07TaffetaFit
Yeah on both sides youre gonna have to extend wires...you could do what I did for a while, and disconnect all the clamps holding the wires in place as they cross from the left to the right of the hatchback under the plastic molding, but then you wont have any reverse lights on either side...
i did the same thing to mines when i installed it but i only got one reverse light to fit

Old 02-07-2007, 10:01 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Elem3nt
i did the same thing to mines when i installed it but i only got one reverse light to fit
Yeah, same for me....so I figured no reverse lights would look better than one..haha

Old 02-07-2007, 10:10 AM
So I'm confused, the Oem tails will eliminate the reverse lights?

I wish someone could do a write up on the install with pics.

Old 02-07-2007, 07:59 PM
5 Year Member
where I can get some harness for this??

Old 02-07-2007, 11:46 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Spoon-Fit
So I'm confused, the Oem tails will eliminate the reverse lights?

I wish someone could do a write up on the install with pics.

sorry no write up cuz i was going fast and got distracted. but here's a pic of the harnesses. sorry for the blurry. what happens is in oem reverse plug is on top but on jdm it's the bottom. so it's too short to fit. you have to make it reach somehow. I cut and soldered the wires.

you also have to take off the bumper to get to this screw that holds the bottom of the taillight.

Old 03-01-2007, 06:23 PM
5 Year Member
JDM LED tail lamps problem SWAP?

hi guys

Newbie here so go easy..

I've just bought a Honda Fit S from Japan in pearl white

Problem is the LED Rear Tail lights, for use in the United Kingdom an extra red fog lamp is required.

Just wondering is it possible to switch the LED lights for normal bulb tail lights . then i can dual filament bulb which acts as a fog lamp . if it is possible, how do i go about doing it?.. is there a problem with the harness connectors?

I know it is possible to go the other way from bulbs to LED... anyone who has done this can you help?
Do you guys have rear fog lamps?

any help will be much appricaited

thanks mic

Last edited by micchung; 03-01-2007 at 07:18 PM.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:51 PM
5 Year Member
okay i got a question....does the rear red foglight have to be on all the time or only certain times or what?

okay well the easiest way to do this is to buy a regular auxiliary red foglight from any auto parts store and mount it underneath the rear bumper. I don't think u should mess w/ the stock taillights cuz it is a brand new car and u will have a lotta work to do. u can even wire it up to a regular switch that goes inside.

Old 03-01-2007, 11:57 PM
5 Year Member
or better yet, send me ur jdm led taillights and i'll send u my usdm taillights.

Quick Reply: LED tailights, install, convert, DIYs