Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

HID Lights In Stock Housing

Old 09-27-2012, 09:12 AM
Originally Posted by tommyc123
Hi, my car has Cateye H11 4k bulbs. I cannot find cateye replacement bulbs anywhere! What are my options?
Thank you.
One of my headlight housings has the little wire clip that holds the bulb in and the other one does not. It just has a thick rubber o ring type thing that allows an aftermarket bulb to just push in. Do I have an aftermarket headlight housing? Is there a way to install a new wire clip like the stock one has?
Thanks.

Old 08-06-2014, 02:01 AM
Originally Posted by trancedsailor
Now I'm on the fence...
I know how you feel. It all depends on the car with the HID kit, whether that driver has done their best to manage where the lights are aimed or not, ride height, etc. I would prefer retrofitted HID's for both the aesthetic appeal and for it's quality and function. However, I wouldn't be opposed to trying it out to see if my GE8's ride height and aiming produce non-offensive results. Personally, the yellow fog light HID kits are usually fine on most vehicles, so at least there is that. And not to mention, yellow HID fog kits make driving feel a ton safer for me in many environmental conditions. Our streets in Atlanta are glaring in the rain due to the orange light pollution and crappy roads. Hard to see the lines. But my old accord had a HID fog lamp kit that made the lines perfectly visible on glared roads. Give it a shot and if it appears to be offending people just save for the retrofit and switch back to stock bulbs till you have the mod completed.