Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

Zeta Fog Review

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 05:00 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by gimme
That's a reasonable response.

BUT, what would you have done for him with taking back the fog lights? how would that help the fact that he, at that time, had gaping holes in his bumper now. It was more of a situation that was "i already cut my bumper, i have to install these." I am sure he can answer you better, but that was the situation when he showed up to my house on Sunday.
I'm happy to have Zeta take responsibility for the sitch but I'd still like to help the folks who bought these get their fogs working. Would someone post a few pictures of the wiring that came with these fogs? If there's a relay and a reasonable amount of wiring, I'm sure we can figure out something to get these working. The minimum I'd do is tap the relay power contact into a fuze then the fogs and tap the relay input through the switch into power. These two connections should be easy enough through the Fit wiring diagrams. If we want to get fancier, there should be a way to tap into the switch and relay input to the low beams so the fogs will only work when the lows are on. This would at least be legal in all 50 states.

We'll also need the folks with the switch to find a way to keep it from sticking. Last time I had a sticking switch, I used some silcone lube on it. You may need to trim the switch or the hole too.

Old 10-21-2008, 06:50 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
i sent zeta a PM just now letting him know im not the one with their fogs or the complaint. lol

but i think there is a pretty easy way to hook them up so they will work as rob posted above.

Old 10-21-2008, 06:53 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by gimme
That's a reasonable response.

BUT, what would you have done for him with taking back the fog lights? how would that help the fact that he, at that time, had gaping holes in his bumper now. It was more of a situation that was "i already cut my bumper, i have to install these." I am sure he can answer you better, but that was the situation when he showed up to my house on Sunday.
so you got it in then?

Old 10-21-2008, 07:16 PM
Administrator
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by azncarbos
so you got it in then?
indeed we did!

Eddie had to splice into the factory plug harnesses at the bumper area, I had to plug it into an available slot on the fuse block inside. It really wasn't a HUGE deal, but the inconvenience that was there because it isn't "direct fit" should be avoided with more research on the seller's side.

I think they should just try to install these things themselves on a base fit. They will see the issues at hand and will most likely alter the kit so it is a true plug-n-play.

Old 02-15-2009, 04:06 PM
5 Year Member
So if you're installing these on a Sport Fit as a replacement for cracked fogs, it will be plug and play?????

Old 02-25-2009, 03:54 AM
Same question will these fit as Fit Sport replacements? because all i need is the housing and plastic surrounding trim.