Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

bi-xenon retrofit flickering...

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2008, 11:37 PM
bi-xenon retrofit flickering...

I did the fx-35 bi-xenon retro, thanks to smeisters DIY, a little over a year ago. The problem is, recently the drivers side bulb flickers alot. Also, normally it takes the bulbs 30-60 seconds to warm up to normal temp(4300k), but now when you turn the lights on, the driver side is instantly at temp. Any clues??? i know the bulbs are supposed to last a long time, but i dont know how long these bulbs have been in service from the time i grabbed 'em off E-bay. (they came with the projectors)

P.S. I've had a problem with the passenger side before, due to an inefficient grounding( i was in a hurry). So i dont think that my problem noted above is with the ground, because either the light works, or it doesn't right?

Old 12-01-2008, 07:28 PM
any clues??? bump..

Old 01-11-2009, 10:19 PM
Banned
Location: Negative Repland (exiled by fragile ego's and "can't handle the truth" babies) LMFAO ;P
could be a bad connection between ballast and bulb (i had similar prob)
only real way to find out is to do it systematically i.e. try switching bulbs L with R
if flickering is on same side = bad ballast (or bad connection on the left side)
if flickering moves to passengers side = bad bulb
i know it might be a lot of work but it's the only way to make sure
why don't u let the "paper people" out lol (that is THE BEST sig EVER)

Old 01-18-2009, 09:45 PM
Banned
Location: Negative Repland (exiled by fragile ego's and "can't handle the truth" babies) LMFAO ;P
Originally Posted by gn-it&rn-it
I did the fx-35 bi-xenon retro, thanks to smeisters DIY, a little over a year ago. The problem is, recently the drivers side bulb flickers alot. Also, normally it takes the bulbs 30-60 seconds to warm up to normal temp(4300k), but now when you turn the lights on, the driver side is instantly at temp. Any clues??? i know the bulbs are supposed to last a long time, but i dont know how long these bulbs have been in service from the time i grabbed 'em off E-bay. (they came with the projectors)

P.S. I've had a problem with the passenger side before, due to an inefficient grounding( i was in a hurry). So i dont think that my problem noted above is with the ground, because either the light works, or it doesn't right?
wish it were that easy
intermittent electrical problems r the trickiest to fix
u have a bad connection somewhere or the ballast is going

Old 01-19-2009, 12:39 AM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
ballast is going.