Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

Any US GE8 sport owners with painted headlights

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 07:42 AM
Any US GE8 sport owners with painted headlights

I've been looking over all of the DIY threads from GD owners about disassembling the headlights, painting them and putting them back together. I have yet to come across a thread containing a GE8 member who has tackled this task (not that no one has done it, I just can't find a thread with information or pictures of someone who has).

Friday evening, I'm going to try baking and painting (flat black) the US GE8 headlights. Any help I can get would be greatly appreciated. Some say it's simple others say it's not so easy. Depending on the difficulty of this DIY I'm going to try disassembling and smoking the taillights next (since there isn't anyone offering a decent, reasonably priced aftermarket tail for the US GE8 owners). Below is all the information I found from smeister's incredible write ups:

DIY: Taking apart the headlight

DIY: Painting The Headlights

DIY: Putting the headlights back together

I'm fairly handy but always willing to accept input. If there's anyone out there who's done this on this specific vehicle please provide a little input. Thanks and I will post pictures when done.

Old 01-08-2009, 09:41 AM
We baked my one buddies to get the amber out and another for a retrofit. Just make sure you seal them back up good...dont want condensation to buildup in them! Besides that I think it was pretty straight forward