Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

HID Install Problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 10:20 PM
HID Install Problem

So i bought a H11 kit from HIDExtra.com - The Best Source for HID Xenon Light Conversion Kits

install was a breeze since i have installed a few HID kits
in my day...

after install i take my baby out for a drive to see the lights in action
i get to my garage get off to gaze at a beautiful thing and one of the lights is
off, i turn them off then on again now the one that was off is on and the other that was on before is now off... i turn lights off again and then back on and finally they work again...

Now, they turn on but at first the dont turn the proper color, GOLDEN YELLOW... in order for them to reach the desired color i have to turn them on, then off, then on again...

Help Please....

Old 05-25-2009, 12:01 AM
It's because you got a stupid plug and play kit. You were deceived by brightness and looks instead of aiming for true OEM quality

Old 05-25-2009, 12:14 AM
haha, touche!

that sounds about right....

i had 55 watts bulbs in there and they were great
but you cant beat the output of HIDs...

Old 05-25-2009, 02:58 AM
Originally Posted by setter11
haha, touche!

that sounds about right....

i had 55 watts bulbs in there and they were great
but you cant beat the output of HIDs...
Can't beat the output plug and play kits!?!?!? Are you serious??

.................Here's a picture for reference

You tell me what has better output

Old 05-25-2009, 04:14 AM
well those are two different colors..comapre the same color and it be a better comparison

and you have to let the HIDS warm up before they get to their true colors..i have yellow hids in my fog too..they are green also at first until they warm up

you might want to double check ur connections to make sure they are all good and not loose which could cause them to turn on and off..or one off and one on..and etc

Old 05-25-2009, 02:23 PM
Banned
for the turn on turn off issue, please make sure all plugs are clipped properly. if it still not solve the problem, give us a call, we will get more info about the issue and maybe sending you some capacitor wires to have it function properly.

can you also advise what type of H11 kit did you purchase? the 3000K?

if you have the 3000K, for the first 10~15 sec, the color will change from bluish green to golden yellow, that is just how the HID bulbs works. HID bulb do need to be warmed up to reach to its correct color temperature.

let us know if you have any other questions.

thank you

Old 05-25-2009, 02:24 PM
Originally Posted by 1FiTpINOY
Can't beat the output plug and play kits!?!?!? Are you serious??

.................Here's a picture for reference

You tell me what has better output

Yes, that is what i said, you cant beat the out put of a "plug n play" kit...
Now, you may possibly be interpreting me saying "output" as in the beam pattern, which of course is going to be better OEM, but the Honda Fit does not come stock with HIDs, so using it in my term of "OUTPUT" which is being used as the amount of light given off by the HIDs is greater then stock bulbs...

Originally Posted by 713_fit
well those are two different colors..compare the same color and it be a better comparison

and you have to let the HIDS warm up before they get to their true colors..i have yellow hids in my fog too..they are green also at first until they warm up

you might want to double check ur connections to make sure they are all good and not loose which could cause them to turn on and off..or one off and one on..and etc

Yeah, that would be a definitely be a better comparison...
Oh, yeah i know about letting them warm up, i tried it last night and i guess it was just because it was the first time they were being used that it took them awhile...

i took apart my bumper and disconnected and re-connected all of the connections... have not had the same problem yet... Thanks for the response...

Pics:

Halogen ---> HID comparison

The change is visible... This kit is ACTUALLY 3,000 K not 3,500 K

Only fogs on (no headlights) sorry its blurry [CELL PIC]

overall, the product is GREAT!!!

Last edited by setter11; 05-25-2009 at 02:27 PM.
Old 05-26-2009, 12:25 AM
np..glad i could help =)

Old 05-26-2009, 01:11 AM
Originally Posted by 713_fit
well those are two different colors..comapre the same color and it be a better comparison
Again, you fail to realize you are being fooled. Just like everyone with these kits, you feel the difference is in colors.

The color temperature does not affect the way the light is distributed. If the temperature were the same 4300K, it would sitll be scattered all around just as it shows in the picture

Originally Posted by setter11
Yes, that is what i said, you cant beat the out put of a "plug n play" kit...
Now, you may possibly be interpreting me saying "output" as in the beam pattern, which of course is going to be better OEM, but the Honda Fit does not come stock with HIDs, so using it in my term of "OUTPUT" which is being used as the amount of light given off by the HIDs is greater then stock bulbs...
Nope. I referred to output as the fully efficient and functional distribution of a retrofit. And even in your terms of "OUTPUT", the amount of light given off by plug and play kits is not greater than stock bulbs, again, you are being fooled by the color of it.

Fact is plug and play kits in halogen headlight housings just don't mix. The HID technology is not designed for the reflective housing, it is designed for a projector housing

And I'm not trying to be an asshole, I'm seriously trying to lead you to the right way, for both the sake of your knowledge and your life......

Old 05-26-2009, 01:44 AM
Again, you fail to realize you are being fooled. Just like everyone with these kits, you feel the difference is in colors.

The color temperature does not affect the way the light is distributed. If the temperature were the same 4300K, it would sitll be scattered all around just as it shows in the picture

Nope. I referred to output as the fully efficient and functional distribution of a retrofit. And even in your terms of "OUTPUT", the amount of light given off by plug and play kits is not greater than stock bulbs, again, you are being fooled by the color of it.

Fact is plug and play kits in halogen headlight housings just don't mix. The HID technology is not designed for the reflective housing, it is designed for a projector housing

And I'm not trying to be an asshole, I'm seriously trying to lead you to the right way, for both the sake of your knowledge and your life......

That is greatly appreciated...
If in fact these were going into headlights, i would see the scatter and all being a major problem, but seeing as how i am using the kit for fogs and for show, i think the plug and play kit are great for that...

if i were to being doing it for SAFETY and BETTER Driving conditions then i am full of it...

plus RETRO Fit is out of the QUESTION...
i dont feel like dropping the much $$$ into headlights

Old 05-26-2009, 02:18 AM
Did your problem stop completely? I'm having the same issue with mine except I need to flash my highbeams once or twice to turn one side on

Old 05-26-2009, 02:26 AM
So far so good...

Originally Posted by moegenki
Did your problem stop completely? I'm having the same issue with mine except I need to flash my highbeams once or twice to turn one side on

So far it has...

i know i did a proper install, but just to double check, i took
apart my bumper and disconnected everything, and the proceeded
to re-install it all over again, making sure to make a good connection
with all the plugs...

hope you get it to work...

everyone has told me it is just a loose connection...

Good Luck, if you start from scratch, send me an update...

Old 05-26-2009, 09:04 AM

maybe i am being fooled, but thats WHY if you compare both the same temperature, I WILL REALIZE that it is a BIG difference.....and not just in colors...that why i said it be a BETTER comparison if it was the same color.....to show US people there is a BIG difference.....talk is cheap...show us with actions =)
im not trying to argue against you, i just really want to see a comparison. a true comparison with the same hid color.