Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

HID projectors

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 07:42 PM
HID projectors

I guess his is kindof a stupid question, but I have to ask.

These things won't fit an 09, will they?

08 09 Honda Fit LED Strip Projector Headlights - Black (R8 Style)

Old 05-26-2010, 07:53 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
It doesnt say if they are USDM or JDM spec. If they are USDM spec then they will fit.

Old 05-26-2010, 09:31 PM
I asked them in Jan, they said no! sorry dude.

Old 05-26-2010, 11:30 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by PrplRain
I asked them in Jan, they said no! sorry dude.
As far as I can tell, it's the same headlight that I was talking about https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...halo-hids.html

If you had looked there, you'd see a link to a car on cardomain.com that is using it.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3323155/2

He doesn't mention changing his front end to JDM.

If you look at this thread, https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...ts-thread.html

They don't mention the headlight being needed to convert to a "JDM Spec" Fit... which would indicate that the headlights are the same for both JDM and USDM. The taillights already are (in terms of fitment), since other members having been swapping theirs (USDM to JDM)... for example https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...il-lights.html

Last edited by Goobers; 05-26-2010 at 11:59 PM.
Old 05-27-2010, 05:50 PM
Originally Posted by Goobers
As far as I can tell, it's the same headlight that I was talking about https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...halo-hids.html

If you had looked there, you'd see a link to a car on cardomain.com that is using it.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3323155/2

He doesn't mention changing his front end to JDM.

If you look at this thread, https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...ts-thread.html

They don't mention the headlight being needed to convert to a "JDM Spec" Fit... which would indicate that the headlights are the same for both JDM and USDM. The taillights already are (in terms of fitment), since other members having been swapping theirs (USDM to JDM)... for example https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...il-lights.html
No I didn't see. They do look the same, the part numbers are different though... if that matters. I think i might try the ones at coolcarpartsonline.com since someone has successfully used them. Also cause they are going for $200 less then DashZ. I can live with making minor adjustments for $220. Thanks for the heads up.

Old 05-27-2010, 08:14 PM
Thumbs up

I like the headlights, alot but could do w/o the LEDs in there, its a bit of overkill but everything else is NICE

Old 05-27-2010, 10:06 PM
Those are pretty terrible looking... If you want HID projectors, check out this place, yes you'll have to open up your headlights to mount everything, but the light output from an OEM HID retrofit will make you see what you're missing.

The Retrofit Source online: headlight upgrades for all applications

Old 05-28-2010, 12:01 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by gd3vbp
Those are pretty terrible looking... If you want HID projectors, check out this place, yes you'll have to open up your headlights to mount everything, but the light output from an OEM HID retrofit will make you see what you're missing.

The Retrofit Source online: headlight upgrades for all applications
Aesthetic opinions aside, again, if you read the other thread... you'd see that if I go the HID route, I WOULD retrofit it with actual HID projectors (unless by some chance that low beam projector is one already, doubt it). For the time being, my thought is first, get my car... decide whether chrome or blacked out looks better on an SSM... put the headlight with normal halogens. And if it's compatible with HIDs (I mean if it's an actual HID projector) pop in one HID for low beam... or do the retrofit (namely the Mini Morimotos from TRS). And yes, the goal will be dual BiXenons (two per side). But, one step at a time for me.

No I didn't see. They do look the same, the part numbers are different though... if that matters. I think i might try the ones at coolcarpartsonline.com since someone has successfully used them. Also cause they are going for $200 less then DashZ. I can live with making minor adjustments for $220. Thanks for the heads up.
Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that he used the one from that shop... I think his came from eBay. Though, I do wonder... why is one $220 and most other's $305 or $425... hum.

Originally Posted by Klasse Act
I like the headlights, alot but could do w/o the LEDs in there, its a bit of overkill but everything else is NICE
Now that you've mentioned it... I wonder how it would look with a "wedge" in its place (think sports "Eye black").

Old 05-28-2010, 08:10 AM
Aesthetic opinions aside, again, if you read the other thread... you'd see that if I go the HID route, I WOULD retrofit it with actual HID projectors (unless by some chance that low beam projector is one already, doubt it). For the time being, my thought is first, get my car... decide whether chrome or blacked out looks better on an SSM... put the headlight with normal halogens. And if it's compatible with HIDs (I mean if it's an actual HID projector) pop in one HID for low beam... or do the retrofit (namely the Mini Morimotos from TRS). And yes, the goal will be dual BiXenons (two per side). But, one step at a time for me.
So there was a thread with more information that you didn't provide a link to that you just magically expected me to stumble across and read?

Old 05-28-2010, 12:26 PM
5 Year Member
So there was a thread with more information that you didn't provide a link to that you just magically expected me to stumble across and read?

I didn't?

Then what do you call my very first line I typed as a response Prplrain?

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...halo-hids.html <- that's a link.

Old 05-28-2010, 12:32 PM
I didn't?

Then what do you call my very first line I typed as a response Prplrain?

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...halo-hids.html <- that's a link.

I fail to see where you're going with this? My original response was not to you, but to the OP. OP did not link to another thread, OP linked to an outside site asking if a set of lights would fit his car.

Old 05-28-2010, 04:22 PM
Goobers, Thanks for that link man, I don't know why they are so different in price cuase they look exactly the same.

I Photoshoped them on my car (09 BBP) and I don't think I want them. I'm going to get black wheels..."i think" and I just don't want to black everything out. And the chrome, look like they might be too chromeish...

Hummmmmmmmm

Old 05-28-2010, 05:27 PM
5 Year Member
I fail to see where you're going with this? My original response was not to you, but to the OP. OP did not link to another thread, OP linked to an outside site asking if a set of lights would fit his car.
Your original message may have been to the OP. But not the one where you quoted me.

As for your original, you mentioned HID, effectively taking the topic off on a tangent, while as far as I knew, the OP was only interested in looks and did not mention HIDs. Aesthetic is too subjective of a thing.

Unfortunately, I will acknowledge one quite important fact... unless you mention the name of the person you are talking to (or quote them)... it's very hard to know who you ARE responding to. Aside from not mentioning HIDs, the OP hasn't even responded since starting this thread, so who knows what going on there.

That being said, I had thought that you were possibly responding to me also, considering that I, like the OP, have an interest in this headlight housing.

Goobers, Thanks for that link man, I don't know why they are so different in price cuase they look exactly the same.

I Photoshoped them on my car (09 BBP) and I don't think I want them. I'm going to get black wheels..."i think" and I just don't want to black everything out. And the chrome, look like they might be too chromeish...

Hummmmmmmmm
Yeah, Black everything is leaning towards that "Stealth" ricer look (which has it's own negative topic, https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/othe...k-same-me.html).

And I also agree the Chrome is a bit much for me. I guess, I'll go with the blacked out since I will be getting an SSM, though I think that still looks a bit off. I haven't seen any other dual headlights. Any other not OE housing I've seen are retrofits with one projector in place of the one big reflector. I personally think that's an odd look too. But hey, some people obviously like it.

Old 05-29-2010, 12:56 AM
Your original message may have been to the OP. But not the one where you quoted me.

As for your original, you mentioned HID, effectively taking the topic off on a tangent, while as far as I knew, the OP was only interested in looks and did not mention HIDs. Aesthetic is too subjective of a thing.

Unfortunately, I will acknowledge one quite important fact... unless you mention the name of the person you are talking to (or quote them)... it's very hard to know who you ARE responding to. Aside from not mentioning HIDs, the OP hasn't even responded since starting this thread, so who knows what going on there.

That being said, I had thought that you were possibly responding to me also, considering that I, like the OP, have an interest in this headlight housing.

Yeah, Black everything is leaning towards that "Stealth" ricer look (which has it's own negative topic, https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/othe...k-same-me.html).

And I also agree the Chrome is a bit much for me. I guess, I'll go with the blacked out since I will be getting an SSM, though I think that still looks a bit off. I haven't seen any other dual headlights. Any other not OE housing I've seen are retrofits with one projector in place of the one big reflector. I personally think that's an odd look too. But hey, some people obviously like it.
Yeah, I had read that thread, I never really liked that look. I probably never saw it done well.

I think these lights (in black) look better on the lighter colored cars. It goes well with the other dark shapes made by the styling of the front end of the car. Let me know how it goes if you get them, I think that would look nice.
Have you seen these?

JDP Engineering :: Honda Fit Sport Carbon Lip

Old 05-29-2010, 01:33 AM
5 Year Member
Yeah, I had read that thread, I never really liked that look. I probably never saw it done well.

I think these lights (in black) look better on the lighter colored cars. It goes well with the other dark shapes made by the styling of the front end of the car. Let me know how it goes if you get them, I think that would look nice.
Have you seen these?

JDP Engineering :: Honda Fit Sport Carbon Lip
Is that seven LEDs?

That part of the head light reminds me of a bunch of different little things.

1) the pan used to make snacks, I don't know if those snacks are just an Asian thing, but I LOVED them...

2) the top of a Lotus plant. It's another thing I love to snack on (their seeds). That's definitely an Asian thing.

and a few other things... but alas, as a head light, I haven't fully decided if I like them or not, but so far, I'm leaning to not.

Part of the reason why I don't like them, is because it makes you notice the trim around it, like one HUGE eye socket. I like the Fit, but the huge eyes just aren't suiting my tastes.

The "socket" look is still there for the dual headlights, but the bottom row of LEDs partially obscures the bottom half... Kinda reminds me of an eyebrow.

I'll hijack my sister's camera (or buy myself a new one, whichever) when I get the car and if/when I swap out the headlights and tail lights too(?). I like the JDM base tail lights. Slap on the door visors and that just might be it for the exterior mods.

Old 05-29-2010, 11:44 AM
I quoted you because you quoted my post, my original response to the OP, so I was simply replying to you.
As for your original, you mentioned HID, effectively taking the topic off on a tangent
Take a look at the thread topic title. "HID projectors"

Old 05-29-2010, 03:20 PM
5 Year Member
I quoted you because you quoted my post, my original response to the OP, so I was simply replying to you.

Take a look at the thread topic title. "HID projectors"
As I was thinking about how to respond, it occurred to me, that being frank might be misconstrued as sarcasm. So, I'll say this now, it's not meant as sarcasm.

You're right. I misinterpreted the conversation, in other words, I was wrong.

With that said, I'll step down from this part of the thread. Hopefully, my future posts will contribute better than this.