Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

Headlights on, not on gauge cluster

Old 02-24-2011, 11:49 AM
5 Year Member
Headlights on, not on gauge cluster

Alright, I installed a new radio the other day. I went back today and tried to adjust the fit of the Scosche kit, and upon hooking everything back up and getting everything screwed/bolted down I notice the headlights are on, but are not showing up on the gauge cluster. Anyone got any ideas for me to try (the foglights/highbeams work and appear on the cluster)? Thanks a bunch!

Old 02-24-2011, 05:44 PM
5 Year Member
Figured I would update, just in case anyone else has this problem: So I was looking around more, and noticed that my driving lights were not on either, so I went through my fuse box and noticed one was blown, pulled it and replaced it, and everything worked perfectly!! (I think it was fuse number 22 under the steering wheel). However, it blew within a few minutes, so I'm gonna recheck my cd player wiring and hopefully figure out this dilemma.

Old 02-24-2011, 05:46 PM
It can drive you crazy - keep us posted.

Old 02-25-2011, 03:53 AM
5 Year Member
Did the Scosche kit tell you to combine two wires from one harness to one wire on the other end?

When I installed the ida-x305 in the Pathfinder, I got a wiring harness adapter. It wanted me to combine the illumination and accessory power wires together. I ignored it and found the exact matching wire (they were tagged). And in doing so, the illumination actually works properly (the radio dims when you switch the headlights on). If I had combined the wires per the directions, it wouldn't have worked (the sheet said I would lose the ability to dim the radio).

I don't know if this would solve your issue though.

Old 02-26-2011, 05:49 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Goobers
Did the Scosche kit tell you to combine two wires from one harness to one wire on the other end?

When I installed the ida-x305 in the Pathfinder, I got a wiring harness adapter. It wanted me to combine the illumination and accessory power wires together. I ignored it and found the exact matching wire (they were tagged). And in doing so, the illumination actually works properly (the radio dims when you switch the headlights on). If I had combined the wires per the directions, it wouldn't have worked (the sheet said I would lose the ability to dim the radio).

I don't know if this would solve your issue though.
^^This right here was exactly my problem, except I had taped the end of my illumination wire (orange and white, I think), and apparently it had fallen off, and that was what kept popping my fuse (lol). Long story short: connect all matching wires, and then just tape the orange/white wire to where it is not exposed. *Also was getting poor FM radio reception, looked at the antenna adapter, noticed a blue wire coming off of it, and also a blue antenna wire from the new radio, combined the two and now have 100% better reception (another one of those times where I felt like an idiot putting in this new radio/sound system).

Thanks for the help guys!!!!