Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

GD3 Daytime Running LED's (help?)

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 12:46 AM
GD3 Daytime Running LED's (help?)

Sooo hello all, this is my first day as a member on these forums although I have been leeching as a visitor for the longest time. I just got around to installing some daytime LED's on the front bumper of my GD3, which are wired along the inside of the right fender, through a grommet in the firewall, and into a switch straight into a 30A fuse i inserted into an empty slot, (Not Used).

They all work just fine, at first, and the switch controls them with no problems. But 3 of the bulbs in the right (car's right, not camera's) light, after a few minutes, just go out and it's the same ones every time. I have fumbled around with the wire, both inside the car and out, and nothing, and tried all these other fuse slots and the same thing happens...Any suggestions...?

*And keep in mind, this is my first-ever post, let alone thread...There aren't that many DRL threads on here (at least that I've seen). HALP! Voltage, wrong fuse, wrong gauge wire...?
Also, what do you think?

Last edited by My deadspau5; 06-03-2011 at 09:37 AM.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:24 PM
5 Year Member
crappy lights probably..
when i replaced my stock interior lights with leds they were great but burned up in 2 weeks bc i bought cheap ebay lights.. the second time around i spent some moolah and theyve been great since..
you get what you pay for

Old 07-26-2011, 11:00 PM
Originally Posted by drock305
crappy lights probably..
when i replaced my stock interior lights with leds they were great but burned up in 2 weeks bc i bought cheap ebay lights.. the second time around i spent some moolah and theyve been great since..
you get what you pay for
Yeah those three bulbs just ended up being faulty and burned out after a short while, but a long time ago (after this post) i talked to them and they replaced the lamp free of charge, and paid for shipping. So thumbs up for iJDMToy But they weren't cheap. Just a bad part, but they are good so i would recommend them.