Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

how do i turn off the daylight running lights ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 08:40 PM
re my previous post : oooops, the blue link does not work for some reason, but the provided URL does.....sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

BTW, I just searched for "honda fit fuse box" and several answers came up.

Old 10-02-2012, 09:28 PM
5 Year Member
Ooooooh K. Intentionally removing standard-trim safety equipment. Good idea. Not.

Not having DRLs is not the worst thing in the world, of course, but still. No upsides. Some downsides. You do the math.

Old 10-03-2012, 10:55 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fujisawa
Ooooooh K. Intentionally removing standard-trim safety equipment. Good idea. Not.

Not having DRLs is not the worst thing in the world, of course, but still. No upsides. Some downsides. You do the math.
DRL's are ugly when lit on a modded car. that's all.

and us car guys (perhaps you are not since you think RX8 is a sports car which it isn't) know how to use headlights when needed.

Old 10-03-2012, 02:28 PM
5 Year Member
"you think RX8 is a sports car which it isn't."

I do think so and it is. Maybe your definition is the classic British definition of "straight six up front, manual transmission, rear drive, hard top", which I will admit, the RX8 does not fit. I define sports cars as those which are designed with their primary purpose being to drive fast with pleasure. That generally requires more power than normally required (say, in excess of 200hp), RWD, a MT; but there are other considerations too and I would not consider, say, a Dodge Challenger a "sports car" (too heavy). But an RX8 has double wishbone suspension, low CG, an oddball engine that revs to 9000rpm and vestigal rear seats, so that qualifies for me. If your concern is the rear seats or half-doors, sure, that's not optimal - but it concerns me a heck of a lot less than the massive rear doors on a Panamera.

I don't mind if you don't agree, but that's how I see it. Let me give a few quick examples:

RX8: Sports car
Subaru BRZ: Sports car
MX-5: Sports car
Corvette: Sports car
Mustang: Sports car.
Ferrari 358: Sports car
Porsche 911: Sports car

BMW 3-series: Not sports car; the primary purpose is basic transportation for rich folk, not driving fast, and that's just as true for the coupe as the sedan. I know that people with Audi A5s and Mercedes CLSs like to refer to their rides as "sports cars", but they just aren't. Being fast is insufficient to qualify.
Jaguar XK: When do you see these going around curves fast? No.
Honda Accord Sport: Not a sports car.

Then there's the borderline ones. They're designed, supposedly, to enable spirited driving, but for one reason or another don't seem like something you could legitimately be proud of owning, if fast driving was your concern:
Civic Si: FWD makes any car frustrating to drive fast.
Camaro: Why is it 400lbs heavier than a Mustang?
WRX: I think this qualifies myself, but the fact that many people just buy it because they wanted an Impreza and could afford the highest trim level, and then drive slowly, is a knock against it.
Mazdaspeed3: No one buys this to drive it slowly, and it's a real handful to drive fast. It has so much power the computer has to override your throttle in first and 2nd gear. As a result, I might include it.

Getting back to headlights? I've been in enough situations where I failed to see a car in cloudy conditions until just before I was going to hit it (or pull out in front of it). Especially a problem for grey, silver or dark blue cars, it seems. These are not situations where you have a need to turn on your lights to see the road - think 3pm with dark clouds - so most people probably wouldn't. DRLs are great because they aren't bright enough to distract other drivers, but they DO increase your ability to see cars coming down the road. I like em a lot.

Old 10-03-2012, 02:58 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
damn fujisawa, image how you'd react if a spider walked across your foot. hahaha

it was just a joke.

and DRL's still suck on modded cars.

Old 10-04-2012, 10:21 AM
Talk about seriousness