Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

FIT interior lighting

  #1  
Old 07-25-2006, 09:45 AM
New Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: woodcliff Lake NJ
Posts: 4
FIT interior lighting

Waiting for arrival of my FIT, but have a question in the meantime. I didn't notice (or look for) what kind of interior lighting there is in the FIT. Can anyone tell me what sort of lighting there is, and the locations. Thanx.
 
  #2  
Old 07-25-2006, 10:21 AM
Mugen_Dom's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 1,408
2 lights....1 dome light located just behind and in between the 2 front seats and 1 light in the hatch, on the drivers side.

BTW the one in the hatch doesn't have a switch, so once your hatch is open, it's always on.
 
  #3  
Old 07-25-2006, 10:54 AM
sLiVeRwOrM's Avatar
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Austin TX, USA
Posts: 2,460
well, if you are looking for an interrior light kit like the Scion or something they are avaalible in Canada. I got one on the way hehe
 
  #4  
Old 07-25-2006, 12:49 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 621
^ Who did you order it from? I know there was a thread about it around here somewhere...
 
  #5  
Old 07-25-2006, 06:13 PM
Someone that spends his life on FitFreak.net
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: san francisco, ca, USA
Posts: 1,092
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-interior-exterior-illumination/6547-interior-light-kit.html

I posted in this. i'm getting an LED thing, and i'll post pics soon once i get it and install it. i'm oinly doing one right now, and if it looks good i'll get one for the passenger side.
 
  #6  
Old 08-01-2006, 06:08 PM
Someone that spends his life on FitFreak.net
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 1,110
Time to see if Honda has another hatch light with similar dimensions with an integrated light switch.

I also want some map lights.
 
  #7  
Old 08-02-2006, 09:00 PM
Someone that spends his life on FitFreak.net
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: san francisco, ca, USA
Posts: 1,092
I just got my thingy. There are two ways to isntall it. one is cig lighter, and two is the permanent way, which is hook it up to the inside wiring. does anyone know how to access the wiring, or at least know how to find out? thanks.
 
  #8  
Old 08-03-2006, 02:20 AM
New Member
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Moreno Valley, CA
Posts: 15
I wired in the LED's to turn on with the head lights. To get to the fuse box just open the little cubby thing right below and to the left of the steering wheel. There should be nothing connected to the spot circled on the picture. That spot has 3 prongs, just hook your positive cable(s) (I had 4, I put in some blue LED strips by the driver and passengers feet, along with the rear passengers foot area. Everything lights up at night )to the top prong, connect your ground to the metal bar thats straight to the right of all the fuses, and viola, you now have interior lights that turn on with your headlights.

PS: This is based on the US fit, should be the same everywhere else but dont blame me if something goes wrong.


 
  #9  
Old 08-20-2006, 09:48 PM
Member
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Athens,Texas
Posts: 49
Exclamation

I am super excited! I just ordered a pair of dual 4 inch cathode lights(2 x 2 sets), and I am so ready to put them in my car. I just wanted to thank cool one for posting how he instaled his to go with the head lights of his car. I am also planning on putting a on/of rocker inside the dash(out of site) so that I can elect to turn the lights off at night if I choose. Its gona be great. Will post pics in a few days when they get here, and I put in! *Excited*
 
  #10  
Old 08-22-2006, 01:29 AM
Member
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Athens,Texas
Posts: 49
Originally Posted by cool_one556
I wired in the LED's to turn on with the head lights. To get to the fuse box just open the little cubby thing right below and to the left of the steering wheel. There should be nothing connected to the spot circled on the picture. That spot has 3 prongs, just hook your positive cable(s) (I had 4, I put in some blue LED strips by the driver and passengers feet, along with the rear passengers foot area. Everything lights up at night )to the top prong, connect your ground to the metal bar thats straight to the right of all the fuses, and viola, you now have interior lights that turn on with your headlights.

PS: This is based on the US fit, should be the same everywhere else but dont blame me if something goes wrong.

Ok, now does anyone have any good ideas on how to connect the ground to the huge fat metal bar on the right of the fuse box without drilling? I have an idea but, as usuall, its probably a bad one. So...any ideas?
 
  #11  
Old 08-22-2006, 12:04 PM
Member
5 Year Member
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 492
Originally Posted by bigmanbrainy
Ok, now does anyone have any good ideas on how to connect the ground to the huge fat metal bar on the right of the fuse box without drilling? I have an idea but, as usuall, its probably a bad one. So...any ideas?
When I wired in my Valentine-1, I grounded it to the screw/bolt at the top-right of the fuse box with a split-spade connector.
 
  #12  
Old 08-22-2006, 05:05 PM
Member
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Athens,Texas
Posts: 49
Originally Posted by wyy183
When I wired in my Valentine-1, I grounded it to the screw/bolt at the top-right of the fuse box with a split-spade connector.
That sounds like a better idea then mine. I was going to connect the negative to a clip like you find on a circit checker. That would be an easy one to come off.
 
  #13  
Old 08-25-2006, 04:46 AM
Member
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Athens,Texas
Posts: 49
WootWoot






Wote 5en plz!!
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2440569
 
  #14  
Old 08-25-2006, 09:15 AM
sLiVeRwOrM's Avatar
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Austin TX, USA
Posts: 2,460
I take it that this is not the OEM offered one from Cad.. looks very bright! Iam going to be installing the one offered from Cad today.
 
  #15  
Old 08-27-2006, 02:16 AM
Member
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Athens,Texas
Posts: 49
Originally Posted by sLiVeRwOrM
I take it that this is not the OEM offered one from Cad.. looks very bright! Iam going to be installing the one offered from Cad today.
No, not that one. Those are the 4" cathodes from oznium.com Very Very easy to install, i did it in the dark with a flashlight in an hour, while I was on the phone. And on top of that, I could make it twice as bright by adding a second bulb to the same transformer, Looks great, istall looks cool, all in dash. Im very happy with it. Tell me about this cad thing? I hadnt heard of it actually. Thows cost $16 after shipping for the pair. I doubt it can be topped by units of similar quality.
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
secondspassed
Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination
25
08-30-2017 12:39 AM
Chad T
2nd Generation (GE 08-13)
29
05-14-2013 08:38 PM
Fit4Pits
General Fit Talk
4
08-28-2009 11:28 PM
ex99125b
Fit DIY: Repair & Maintenance
17
02-25-2008 03:53 PM
Etrsi_645
General Fit Talk
5
08-28-2007 10:20 AM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: FIT interior lighting


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.