HID or LED Headlights - Page 3 - Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

HID or LED Headlights

Old 10-19-2017, 12:45 AM
Originally Posted by GeorgeL View Post
I was referring to the latter.

Still, most people who play with this stuff just want kewl bluish lights. The standard lights of most modern cars are remarkably good with an even pattern and a sharp cutoff. You have to spend a lot of money to get HIDs that work as well as stock.
I have found my 2015's headlights unsatisfactory. worst problem is when turning from a main road onto a side road, there is not enough light thrown to the sides for me to see where the new road ends on the right and the shoulder (or the cliff) begins, and where the center of the new road is, on the left. These areas are too dark, so unless i proceed very very slowly (with cars backed up behind me and maybe crashing into my rear), I can't steer my car into the proper spot. But simply driving along, the high beams don't throw enough light immediately in front of the car for me to see that part of the road well, and the bright spot down the road, simply isn't bright enough; the low beams simply aren't bright enough.