Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

H4 headlight bulb holder rotated?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2019, 01:09 AM
H4 headlight bulb holder rotated?

Hey guys, I have a 2015 Fit and I have been itching forever to improve the headlights. Reading up on LEDs and projectors and so forth led me to find and buy a mini-projector led from iJDMTOY (https://store.ijdmtoy.com/H4-9003-LED-Headlight-Lens-Bulbs-p/35-079.htm#des)

They fit perfectly and basically required no work other than punching a hole in their dust cover, which had no opening(????). I love the brightness and there is absolutely no glare. But the issue that is really messing with me now is this:

Both bulbs appear to be slightly rotated like 5-10 degrees clockwise. I've taken out the bulbs and inspected them for possible defects, which I haven't yet found (I still need to check one more thing when it gets a little warmer). The cutoff is there and it's great, but it's rotated and it looks awful. The only reason I use them at all still is because the fit is so tiny that the left side doesn't reach high enough to hit oncoming traffic.

So I'm thinking at this point that the headlight assembly itself is the cause. Is it a quirk of the fit that the bulb threads are slightly rotated? And is there anyway to fix it? Thanks for anybody's help.

More pics:

Old 01-24-2019, 09:22 PM
Super Moderator
yes there is a slight rotation the headlight assembly compared to your regular h4 socket.

Old 01-24-2019, 09:32 PM
Yes there is a slight rotation. I dont think there is a way to adjust the projector assembly on the H4 mounting flange. I know some led conversion kits do allow you to do so. I do see on yours that there are two screws behind the mounting flange with seemlingly some adjustment play in them. Wonder if you can loosen and twist?

Old 01-24-2019, 11:16 PM
5 Year Member
I have a LED set in my 2013, I had to rotate the bulb internal assembly quite a ways to get the cutoff to US spec, yours look like they are set for Japan (Drive on the left there.. )

Old 01-25-2019, 12:08 AM
Originally Posted by Bassguitarist1985
Yes there is a slight rotation. I dont think there is a way to adjust the projector assembly on the H4 mounting flange. I know some led conversion kits do allow you to do so. I do see on yours that there are two screws behind the mounting flange with seemlingly some adjustment play in them. Wonder if you can loosen and twist?

The screws did exactly did the trick! I actually managed to finally find them + fix the whole thing the day before this post was approved which is slightly embarrassing It just took me 5 minutes to actually bring the projectors inside and take a look at them under good lighting vs w/ a flashlight at night (the only time I have to do the swap), which is what I was doing literally every other day. I feel really stupid since slowly figuring out what was the issue took like two weeks of occasional peeking/swapping + driving with horrendous cutoffs, when the real fix took probably 5 minutes.

The lights look great now and I'm thinking about upgrading the fog lights too, maybe after I save up some money. Thank you to everyone for the advice, I'm glad the community was here to save me if I continued to be dumb+blind

Old 01-25-2019, 10:36 PM
Please take a pic of the pattern now. I have the same mini projectors, but the suparee ones from amazon. I dont think i can rotate mine, but now im wondering...

Last edited by Bassguitarist1985; 01-25-2019 at 10:44 PM.
Old 01-27-2019, 06:18 PM
5 Year Member
Please take a pic of the pattern now. I have the same mini projectors, but the suparee ones from amazon. I dont think i can rotate mine, but now im wondering...
I think it’s possible that the projector simply shipped slightly rotated and needed end user adjusting.

Old 01-28-2019, 12:04 AM
I remember looking at those but I was too apprehensive because I really couldn't find any information on it. They are absolutely cheaper though so if they work then I would have rather gone for that. The iJDM ones are way more pricey but they initially looked more legit.

The beams are pretty much perfect now, I would say perhaps that the left one is slightly off rotation by probably a few fractions of a degree, something that you only notice when you compare it to the other one and if you stare for a long, long time. Absolutely nothing that would affect performance and I don't plan on taking them out again.

Old 01-28-2019, 06:32 PM
5 Year Member
you can rotate em good sir.

Old 01-30-2019, 12:43 AM
Originally Posted by evilchargerfan
you can rotate em good sir.

the suparee ones we got from amazon???

SUPAREE H4 LED Headlight Bulb,9003 60W Bulb with Mini Bi-LED Projector Lens Retrofit 3600Lumens CSP Chips Headlight Conversion Kit 6000K https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079HXRFB2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_CNtuCbYBEQCM9

Last edited by Bassguitarist1985; 01-30-2019 at 12:47 AM.
Old 01-30-2019, 07:40 AM
5 Year Member

SUPAREE H4 LED Headlight Bulb,9003 60W Bulb with Mini Bi-LED Projector Lens Retrofit 3600Lumens CSP Chips Headlight Conversion Kit 6000K https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079HXRFB2..._CNtuCbYBEQCM9
How are those holding up? I've been checking up on those periodically and they're never in stock. I guess I missed out

Old 01-30-2019, 01:59 PM
5 Year Member

SUPAREE H4 LED Headlight Bulb,9003 60W Bulb with Mini Bi-LED Projector Lens Retrofit 3600Lumens CSP Chips Headlight Conversion Kit 6000K https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079HXRFB2..._CNtuCbYBEQCM9
WAIT .... I take it back .... I dont think we can rotate ours. Before finally settling on these, I tested at least 3 other sets, which were possible to rotate.

Originally Posted by 2Rismo2
How are those holding up? I've been checking up on those periodically and they're never in stock. I guess I missed out
Still holding up! its LED, from what I understand, these never ever burn out

I may be kicking around the idea of going HID/retrofits .... if I do..... I'll let ya know when these go up for sale

Old 01-30-2019, 05:07 PM
WAIT .... I take it back .... I dont think we can rotate ours. Before finally settling on these, I tested at least 3 other sets, which were possible to rotate.
That is what I was afraid of, welp its not terrible, though If i find another mini projector set thats decent priced I'll pick them up.

Old 12-24-2019, 10:40 AM

Still holding up! its LED, from what I understand, these never ever burn out

I may be kicking around the idea of going HID/retrofits .... if I do..... I'll let ya know when these go up for sale
Originally Posted by 2Rismo2

These have been holding up well. Confirmed that the Suparee ones I have can be rotated like what ffutp has. Now my pattern looks like his, still a slight rotation, and to fix that would mean to dremel out the mount holes slightly. Im leaving it. I did purchase the silverstar ultra H4's the other day, big difference. I really do like the 6k white light but the silverstar ultras have a way better pattern and a brighter overall "throw" down the road. Im working on accessory aux LED lights with the 6k white light mounted over the license plate...zombie headlights if you will. Will do it after Christmas sometime.