Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

aftermarket seats and seat rail questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 11:55 AM
5 Year Member
Ok, guys, lemme start by saying I know I know I should be able to figure this out.

BUT

I read this thread 3 times now and I still can't figure out what I need.

I have a F1 Spec Type II bucket seat. Now from what I read I understand this thread to say I should get the Bride RO rail since it is a bucket........? RIGHT?

I feel like a total NOOB. Can someone just clear it up for me?

Old 04-16-2008, 02:00 AM
Originally Posted by SpokanejdmGD3
Ok, guys, lemme start by saying I know I know I should be able to figure this out.

BUT

I read this thread 3 times now and I still can't figure out what I need.

I have a F1 Spec Type II bucket seat. Now from what I read I understand this thread to say I should get the Bride RO rail since it is a bucket........? RIGHT?

I feel like a total NOOB. Can someone just clear it up for me?
If they're full bucket non-reclinable seats you need FO-type seat rails.

Old 04-16-2008, 07:40 AM
5 Year Member
LOL wow see I would have pwn'ed myself.

Old 04-16-2008, 04:42 PM
5 Year Member
if anyone needs rails for like the reclinable seats (recaro srd's, etc..)
wedge engineering makes them (or i have a guy that can get them for a little cheaper)

Old 04-18-2008, 01:50 PM
5 Year Member
For those running Bride FO rails where did you purchase them? I'm running into problems with shops saying they don't exist but it is because they are going off of TEESUSA website. I can't see how it is that difficult. I go in with the part number I want and get completely denied.

Old 04-25-2008, 10:05 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by micchung
if you replace the seats with airbags to those without, you will need a resistor wire kit to stop the light showing on the dash, something like :

Capital Seating and Vision > Seating, Vision and Accessories for Hardworking Environments

resistor wire kit mimics the presence of a side air bag. It is often used in situations where a seat fitted with a side air bag is being replaced by a seat without an air bag. Warning lights are likely to appear on the dashboard display without this type of device.
Does anyone know where to get one of these kits elsewhere? In Canada or in the US perhaps?

Old 05-12-2008, 07:50 AM
5 Year Member
airbag simulator to keep SRS light out

I found an article that said that the Honda air bag resistance is 2 ohms.

AutoSpeed - Switching Off an Airbag

If an resistor of 2ohms is in place of the seat airbag, the light should stay out and the SRS system will think everything is OK.

From the Fit helms manual, it shows that Honda has a simulator lead (070AZ-SNAA300) that plugs into the harness from the Fit under the seat to simulate the seat's airbag. That harness then connects to their own resistor pack, or "SRS inflation Simulator" (07SAZ-TB4011A) for testing.

Anyone have access to a Honda dealers parts system to see if those are available to the public and what the cost might be? The lead is the easy way to get the connector plug, and then a 2ohm resistor from radio shack could be spliced in to that to save some $ instead of using the inflation simulator.

If the light is on now, the system will have to be reset first... simply adding the resisitor will not make the light go off... just keep it from going on. My fancy high end code reader won't reset the SRS code so I'll have to sort that our first before I can test.

Old 05-12-2008, 03:34 PM
5 Year Member
so I was curious if anyone would know this. Would it be possibly to swap a seat from the new si out or maybe an older si and hook that seat up to the fit with the airbag and sensors? (assuming the si seat had side airbags)

Old 05-12-2008, 08:00 PM
5 Year Member
i was thinking about fitting CTR FN2 seats into my car, anyone possibly from the UK have any idea if this would fit on original seat rails and airbag sensor considering its honda also?? this is the equivalent to the FD2 seats...

Old 05-20-2008, 06:01 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by dacollier1
I found an article that said that the Honda air bag resistance is 2 ohms.

AutoSpeed - Switching Off an Airbag

If an resistor of 2ohms is in place of the seat airbag, the light should stay out and the SRS system will think everything is OK.

From the Fit helms manual, it shows that Honda has a simulator lead (070AZ-SNAA300) that plugs into the harness from the Fit under the seat to simulate the seat's airbag. That harness then connects to their own resistor pack, or "SRS inflation Simulator" (07SAZ-TB4011A) for testing.

Anyone have access to a Honda dealers parts system to see if those are available to the public and what the cost might be? The lead is the easy way to get the connector plug, and then a 2ohm resistor from radio shack could be spliced in to that to save some $ instead of using the inflation simulator.

If the light is on now, the system will have to be reset first... simply adding the resisitor will not make the light go off... just keep it from going on. My fancy high end code reader won't reset the SRS code so I'll have to sort that our first before I can test.
My buddy in parts helped me look up the part #'s: The SRS simulator lead (070AZ-SNAA300) is $45~ + tax, and the SRS inflation simulator is like $120~ or so + tax.

Old 06-07-2008, 02:07 PM
What you going to do about the side airbag in the factory seats??

Old 06-07-2008, 02:18 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Road Dawg
What you going to do about the side airbag in the factory seats??
What about them. You wouldn't have they anymore.

Old 07-19-2008, 03:16 AM
Originally Posted by P1!

here's mine
Love the seats!

Old 07-19-2008, 05:08 AM
5 Year Member
So which bracket did you guys use to put in the Recaro SRDs (DC2 Seats)?

Old 07-19-2008, 08:43 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by petwhookie
So which bracket did you guys use to put in the Recaro SRDs (DC2 Seats)?
The answer was back on page two FYI.

but the BRIDE RO rail works for bottom mount rails. The BRIDE FO rail, Spoon rail work for side mount rails. I'm not sure about the J's rail or any others out there however.

Old 07-23-2008, 11:35 PM
5 Year Member
Pics of the F1 Spec II Bucket and G-Force 3 inch 5 point cam lock harness. Seat rail is a Spoon Sports bucket type seat rail.

Old 07-23-2008, 11:49 PM
5 Year Member
looks crazy, where did you mount the harness?

Old 07-23-2008, 11:53 PM
5 Year Member
Rear seat rail location for lap and rear seat buckle location. The crotch strap is drilled and tapped under the seat.

Old 07-24-2008, 02:14 AM
5 Year Member
damn, i read through this all and got some answer but still need clarification on this:

1) I have a NRG full bucket carbon seat. What rail can I use?

2) Anyone confirmed the resistance to use as a jumper so light wont come on? Any DIY on this?

Thanks guys. :]

Old 07-24-2008, 07:20 AM
5 Year Member
Resistance should be 2 to 2.2 ohms, so either resistor should work. Will try to pick up a 2.2 in the next week, but they are hard to find (not at Radio shack... they only have the 2.2k which is 2200 ohms.)
My local electronics supply house should have them, but I haven't been able to leave work early enough to get there. In my case the light is already on, and that has to be reset before I can test. My fancy OBDII/CAN took can't do the airbag, so looking for any other way to rest other than going to the dealer which would require removing the seat etc.

Quick Reply: aftermarket seats and seat rail questions