Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

Antenna Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 01:26 AM
5 Year Member
Antenna Replacement

I was thinking of replacing the antena for something more stylish and less invasive. What do you think about something like this and where can I get one that I can be sure will work?

Old 07-01-2007, 03:15 AM
5 Year Member
uhm, that isn't an antennae.... that's a shark fin... they just are pretty things to replace the obscene phallic object on the roof of the fit.

Old 07-01-2007, 04:01 AM
5 Year Member
actually the bmw's are real antenna's. they also sell shark fins w/ antenna's actually built in then u run that wire 2 the back of ur HU.

Old 07-01-2007, 04:36 AM
5 Year Member
Hmm,all the ones i found on Ebay were all just simple ornaments... the BMW ones work, but not on the fits, unless they want to drill the bigger hole, and get the mounts setup for it.

Old 10-07-2007, 11:03 PM
'Real' shark on order. I'll post pictures and pricing once it's on the car! Takes about 2-3 weeks for my vendor to make and ship. Doesn't just cover, is an actual antenna. Stay tuned!

-Jeff

Old 10-08-2007, 01:19 AM
when you get it installed make a write up. i love that antenna on the new bimmers.

Old 10-19-2007, 04:51 PM
It's in the mail... could arrive today! Once it's installed I will do pictures and a 'reception review' as well as review of installation. Stay tuned! Oh, I'm also getting a new AT shifter from College Hills Honda today (silvery baby)! Pics of both coming soon!

Old 10-19-2007, 07:35 PM
It's here! However, I'm a putz... I forgot my wife has the camera and she's in TX this weekend (doh!). I will have pics Monday! The antenna install was a cakewalk (without all the carbs)! Only trick (follow it to the letter) would be masking tape for alignment! Do it, even if you think you can dead-eye it, do it! I bough this one from Visual Garage ($71 w/ shipping) which has FULL functionality. The screw doesn't exactly fit in the antenna hole, but it's good enough as long as you make the fin mount all the way forward (so the back of the fin is flush against the original base (think about the trunk here, it swings up on the Sport). Very nice, firm attachment to roof (3M foam strip). I'd recommend this to anyone who A- has their original antenna stolen (me) and B- those who want to have function with some new world style.

Pics soon... promise!

-Jeff

PS- Still waiting for UPS on the shifter (in transit)!

Old 10-22-2007, 07:39 PM
Pics and review!

New Shark Fin Antenna and Leather Shifter!

The Shifter... VERY easy to install thanks to College Honda's stellar podcast instructions! If anyone needs a replacement shifter (original) let me know. Definitely gives the interior a sportier feel and is easy to grip. Would I recommend this? Sure, if you like the sporty leather-ness of the shifters you'll find from VW, Mazda and others than get yourself a 'feel good' upgrade.

The Shark Fin Antenna... Easy to install, make sure you measure out the contact points in advance as guesswork WON'T cut it! Use masking tape to carve out where this baby is to land when you drop it on as you won't get a second chance. Connects to original antenna base via a screw (recommend a little extra help with long term connection though with a little JB Weld or saudering iron). Fully functional antenna. Reception is average-good and on par with the original factory antenna. Attaches to the car through a 3M foam gasket seal with gives the fin some flexibility at higher road speeds. Would I recommend this? Yes, however, only if your original antenna is stolen (this is pretty difficult to steal) and you want to change it up a bit from the base-look.

Antenna Purchased for $70 w/shipping @ VG Shark Fin Antenna - Home
Shifter Purchased for $71 w/shipping @ Honda Fit Accessories - Genuine 2007-2008 Honda Fit Interior Accessories

Last edited by hondafitAZ; 10-22-2007 at 07:46 PM.