Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

Disable beeping for doors, lights, seatbelt, etc.

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 08:29 AM
Disable beeping for doors, lights, seatbelt, etc.

I'm sure some folks think this is a nuisance..and it can be. Especially if you want to leave your doors open for speakers or if you have heavy objects in the front seat.

Anyway, I was ripping out my guages, and there's a trace in there you can cut to disable the beeping. It's not too complex a process and you don't have to be an EE genius. While not difficult, taking the guages fully out is kind of a pain though...

Naturally this isn't something you'd want to do all the time, so I've installed a make-break SPST switch on teh panel under the driver dash.

Unfortunately, I didn't have a camera, so I don't have pictures of it...but if someone else is interested and could post pictures of the back of the PCB, I could direct which one to break and solder wires to. I'm sure there are a few you could do - but I pretty much just used a multimeter and "guessed" so as a disclaimer it could feasibly break some stuff when you have it disabled (though everything I've tested so far works just fine ).

If there's enough interest I could rip it apart again once I find a camera to use.

Old 11-02-2007, 06:45 AM
5 Year Member
not having taken pictures of the setup sort of kills this DIY/HOWTO, it sounds like a good idea, but it just doesnt make sense when messing with the Gauges on the Fit.

Old 12-04-2007, 12:21 AM
"G"
I want to know how to disable the flashing seatbelt light & constant beeping only.

Old 12-04-2007, 01:44 AM
unfortunately this gets rid of any and all beeping, and does not disable any other lights - those are hidden on the "inside" of the circuit board are are close to impossible to get at.

Put a switch on it, so you can disable it at will, and not permanently.

Old 12-09-2007, 12:37 AM
I also need to disable the 120kph speed beeper, which is driving me nuts!

Once I get the gauges out, how do I find the alarm beeper circuit?

I'll try post pics and hope you guys can help.

Old 11-24-2022, 01:18 PM
5 Year Member
Thank you for sharing this eman. You gave me the motivation I needed to wire in a switch to the beeper circuit. I couldn't figure out where to cut into the circuit on the board. The board appears to be double sided which makes it more difficult. So I removed the speaker and refitted it with the necessary switch wiring.

In case anyone is interested, you can download a pdf I made that explains how to do it.

Installing A Beeper Switch - Honda Fit 2008
https://www.dropbox.com/s/526xshnaa1...witch.pdf?dl=0

In the future I might t decide to put a resistor in series next to the switch to reduce the volume. (Not sure, maybe 5K or 10K should do it)

Kind regards
Chris

Last edited by Chris Nicola; 11-24-2022 at 01:22 PM.
Old 11-28-2022, 11:38 AM
Originally Posted by "G"
I want to know how to disable the flashing seatbelt light & constant beeping only.
Or just wear your seatbelt. It's there for a reason. To annoy you until you put your seatbelt on. smh