Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

Stock Speakers - Suck?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 11:06 AM
What works really wellthat I have personal experience with is Dynamat Extreme and raam60. There's other brands that people have had success with but I haven't personaly used liek Hushmat, eDead and FatMat.

void Brown bread or b-quiet since they are asphalt based and have been known to melt and peel off in hot climates and freeze and fall off in cold climates.

Generally the stuff around a pound per square foot. and to really lower the noise in a car you need about 40 sure feet. What helped noticably for lowering road noise in my fit was he Honda cargo cover. I've also used Dynamat extreme in all 4 doors and the rear 1/4 panels.

Old 01-21-2008, 12:38 PM
Words for the wise:

Don't get Infinity 6012i 6.5" speakers. They don't fit thanks to their big-ass magnets.

*arg!*

Old 01-21-2008, 01:03 PM
they fit very nicely with some spacers. Only speakers tha are a pain are alpine type-R's because you even with spacers you have to bang some sheetmetal out to clear the magnets.

So please edit your post, those are fantastic speakers for the $$ and fit perfectly fine in the fit with proper spacing.

Old 01-21-2008, 01:10 PM
Where could one acquire these said spacers?

Old 01-21-2008, 01:19 PM
Nevermind. Ordered some up and should be here soon!

Old 01-23-2008, 04:06 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
who said it did? ive been doing stereo mods for years.

wats with all this literature quoting my post?

Originally Posted by Injundon
I'll say it again and again and again.. Wattage has little to nothing to do with sound quality.

In car achieving 95 db's only takes about 16Wrms with the average speaker. The difference is that with a head units built in IC chip they make 15-22Wrms depending the on the models at 10% THD so it gets louder than most people will ever need.. just does it while being highly distorted.

Middle end amplifiers usually have damping factors over 100, and THD less than 1% this is where th sound quality difference comes in. FAR less distortion and more control over cone movement....

Damping factor i best escribed as an amps shocks absorbers. Low damping factor, poor control, High damping factor. excellent control.

Old 01-24-2008, 09:53 AM
I replaced the stock speakers with Phoenix Gold RSD65CS. Sounds very good.

I dynomated the front doors and have about 125w RMS going to them each.

I need to replace my JL 10W0 sub and build a custom enclosure for a new sub... sound splinter maybe .

I thought the stock speakers sounded fine, then I caught the bug and changed them out. I recommend changing them out.

The Phoenix Golds are only 87 bucks shipped. IMHO, the sound very close to many 200 dollar sets of comps.

Old 02-03-2008, 04:03 PM
Just to reiterate that deadener and good speakers go hand in hand, proper deadening doesn't only prevent a panel from rattling, but also is used to seal up large gaps in the doors, and most speakers used in door applications work much better sealed up than IB, when there is basically an open environment for the speaker to play in.

Sound Deadening Materials for Noise Reduction from Second Skin is probabably the most affordable place online to purchase deadener and is very very high quality stuff. Ant is a great guy and really takes care of his customers. It is very similar to dynamat, but allows the end customer to purchase the product much cheaper than buying dynamat from a greedy shop...

Old 02-03-2008, 04:06 PM
Originally Posted by rabid
I replaced the stock speakers with Phoenix Gold RSD65CS. Sounds very good.

I dynomated the front doors and have about 125w RMS going to them each.

I need to replace my JL 10W0 sub and build a custom enclosure for a new sub... sound splinter maybe .

I thought the stock speakers sounded fine, then I caught the bug and changed them out. I recommend changing them out.

The Phoenix Golds are only 87 bucks shipped. IMHO, the sound very close to many 200 dollar sets of comps.
I would be careful going with the SS stuff, as there buildhouse has been restructuring itself and has apparently filed chapter 11 bankruptcy, TC sounds..

I have a few subs laying around that I would sell pretty cheap, the SSA Icon is one of my personal favorites, SoundSolutionsAudio ICON series

It was developed to be a nice sounding driver to retain the ability to get loud, PM me if you want to talk some more about it.