Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

DIN stereo fascia for 2002 model?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 04:43 AM
Question DIN stereo fascia for 2002 model?

Hi, Ive recently purchased a Fit (well actually a Jazz in the UK) and I love it! The first mod that I need to do it get my standard single DIN head unit out of my old car and into the new one. All the stereo shops that I have contacted cannot get hold of a fascia for my 2002 version. Surely they must be available somewhere?
My interior is a grey/blue colour and of course, its a right hand drive!
thanks in advance
Andrew

Old 10-15-2008, 04:20 AM
Bump
Bump

Old 10-15-2008, 05:46 AM
5 Year Member
i think the part number is :

08B00-SAA-D10 or 08B00-SAA-C10 depending if you have climate control

you should be able to order it directly from honda.

you will also need a tray too, Pocket Radio tray 08B60-SAA-600

if you cant order it from honda you can try here:

gary at Welcome to G-ONE AUTO Company
http://goneauto.com/images/photos/Jazz/I/j123.jpg

gary's parts are quite good, but he's based in Hong Kong so you need to email him for prices

Old 10-15-2008, 06:29 AM
cheers for that, i have just sent him an email.
I will keep the forum posted!

Old 07-06-2011, 02:45 PM
Rotor Head,

Did you ever get the dash kit for Jazz ?

Old 07-07-2011, 04:11 AM
Oh dear, it seems I didn't do as promised and keep you all updated! Yes I did get one and it worked well in the end - eventually.

The only problem being that the colour of the replacement part is slightly different to the dash in my car but it does not look bad, in fact it almost looks like it should be like that.
The replacement from G one Auto is a dark grey and my dash is very slightly blue. Even thought I asked for the blue version when ordering he did not mention the difference so I was a little disappointed when it arrived however, apparently that is the only colour he can get and so I just got on with the job and actually it looks ok.
I paid £88 at the time in Feb 2009

I therefore replaced the whole centre dash console but kept the original dials (also slightly blue) I then added my single DIN stereo with a black blanking plate cut down to fit above it which I then attached a mobile holder and also the bracket for my sat-nav (with the power supply from behind the plate).

As my stereo is a touch-screen with the colour set to blue, I also look the opportunity to change the bulbs in the dials of the centre console to blue and added some additional ones to spread the light better and also a red LED behind the hot half of the heater dial (as blue does not illuminate the red of the heater as well as the original orange). Finally I added some tape to the rear of the heater control dial so that the pointer tip glows blue when set to cold and red when set to hot.

Would you like some photos? I will see if I can get some if that helps and any information you need about the process please feel free to ask.

Old 07-07-2011, 09:31 AM
yes sure. Some pictures would be good. We RHDrivers need some info too. I am looking that console all over. I sent an email to the email from the site. No response yet.

Old 07-15-2011, 03:41 AM
Sorry for the delay, getting camera, me and car together when I remember has been a challenge!
Uploading pictures to the forum is not as easy as I expected either. Anyway hope this works OK.
I will try and get some when it is dark so you can see the lights also.

You can just about make out the colour difference between the replacement fascia and the original trim. The original dash, A/c and window button, air selection control and all 3 dials are the original slight blue and the new piece is grey.

The whole thing looks much better than I originally thought it would as there are already 2 colours on the dash (black and blue) so the new colour kinda matches. As you can see it also looks much better with the phone and sat-nav in place because otherwise you can see my supports and the re-filled hole in the plate where I had a change of plan! The wedge behind the sat-nav is just painted wood to provide the correct angle for the screen and the hole insert is to support the power lead when connected to the sat-nav. I intended to re-make this piece out of plastic but now it's in and works it has jumped down the priority list!

Anyway let me know if you need any more photos of the internals as I can fairly easily take bits off or at least describe how to do it. I have also some instructions on how to remove the panel somewhere.

Last edited by rotorhead; 07-15-2011 at 03:50 AM. Reason: pictures added to forum album rather than own hosting
Old 07-19-2011, 04:51 AM
These photos don't really do the light justice but the colour are actually pretty clear and all very similar. You can just about make out that the temperature dial marker changes from blue to red as it is turned.
Hope all this helps.

Old 08-25-2011, 01:02 PM
It looks great.. Hopefully ill get mine soon

Old 08-25-2011, 04:15 PM
did you manage to find one in the end?

Old 05-31-2012, 06:00 PM
need one with double din. Help.