Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

My Buylist, can soemone review and perhaps give any recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 11:45 AM
5 Year Member
Post My Buylist, can soemone review and perhaps give any recommendations?

Total: 653bux including shipping

Headunit: 300bux + 9 shipping
Pioneer AVHP-4300dvd
http://www.amazon.com/Double-Touchsc...=5336118842-20

Amp+Sub combo: 180bux+ 54 shipping
2 Kenwood KFC-W3012 + Kenwood KAC-8105D mono channel amplifier
Amazon.com: 2 KENWOOD KFC-W3012 (12 inch 1200 Watt Subwoofers) & KENWOOD KAC-8105D (Mono Channel Amplifier) PACKAGE DEAL: Electronics

Sealed box: 47bux
Atrend E12D B Box Series 12 inch dual sealed bass boxes
http://www.amazon.com/Atrend-E12D-12...d_bxgy_e_img_b

8 Gauge installation kit: 12bux
Boss KIT-2 8 Gauge Amplifier Installation Kit
http://www.amazon.com/KIT-2-Complete...d_bxgy_e_img_c

Mounting kit/face plate: 25bux
Honda Fit Kit Fits 2009-up models with silver finish — chassis sizes I, E, and DD at Crutchfield.com

Wiring Harness: 13bux
Honda Receiver Wire Harness For select 2008-up Hondas at Crutchfield.com

Antenna Adapter: 13bux
Honda/Mazda Antenna Adapter Motorola Male to OEM Female at Crutchfield.com

I am taking any recommendations that is better and cheaper. OR if there is something that has a better price to quality ratio.. for example if something is cheaper and not THAT much worst.. The price is already kinda steep for me already so I am kinda looking for recommendations on going cheaper.

Old 10-19-2011, 02:58 PM
5 Year Member
I don't think that you will be able to save any more money and be happy with the end product. I used to sell Kenwood, Pioneer, Alpine, RF, PG, Xtant, as well as a few other brands and the Kenwood amp and subs were a go to for the sales guys when money was tight.

If I were to recommend a change it would be to get a four channel amp (run it bridged to the subs) instead of the mono amp. This is for a couple of reasons: 1 - a four channel may be slightly cheaper, 2 - when it comes time to upgrade you'll have an amp for the front speakers and can bump to a more powerful sub amp, and 3 - some four channel amps can be smaller and may be easier to install in a more stealth manner. In the end it's your ride and you've gotta be happy with the sound. I personally have nothing done to the outside of my Fit but I've gotta a little crazy with the stereo!

Old 10-19-2011, 05:44 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by lashlee
I don't think that you will be able to save any more money and be happy with the end product. I used to sell Kenwood, Pioneer, Alpine, RF, PG, Xtant, as well as a few other brands and the Kenwood amp and subs were a go to for the sales guys when money was tight.

If I were to recommend a change it would be to get a four channel amp (run it bridged to the subs) instead of the mono amp. This is for a couple of reasons: 1 - a four channel may be slightly cheaper, 2 - when it comes time to upgrade you'll have an amp for the front speakers and can bump to a more powerful sub amp, and 3 - some four channel amps can be smaller and may be easier to install in a more stealth manner. In the end it's your ride and you've gotta be happy with the sound. I personally have nothing done to the outside of my Fit but I've gotta a little crazy with the stereo!
thats really good advice! iam looking for a good 4 channel right now! any recommendations? is there an amp that would fit nicely under the mat upside downs above the spare tire?

Old 10-19-2011, 07:30 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Vash
thats really good advice! iam looking for a good 4 channel right now! any recommendations? is there an amp that would fit nicely under the mat upside downs above the spare tire?
The new sub I just ordered (shhhh tis' seckret!) is going where the spare tire is. Completely stealth. The little bish bangs too!

As for your OP I think you shall be rather satisfied with your setup, but going cheaper won't keep you satisfied. If you're willing to sacrifice what you want for a few extra saved $$ then go for it. But I say stick with what you got there.

Old 10-19-2011, 07:45 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Jamy
The new sub I just ordered (shhhh tis' seckret!) is going where the spare tire is. Completely stealth. The little bish bangs too!

As for your OP I think you shall be rather satisfied with your setup, but going cheaper won't keep you satisfied. If you're willing to sacrifice what you want for a few extra saved $$ then go for it. But I say stick with what you got there.

yeah whats a good amp that fits neatly in the spare tire compartment?

yeah i modified my buy a bit, I am going to get the same amp and sub, but only 1 sub, with a single box.

probly this box: http://www.amazon.com/Scosche-SE12CC...9067781&sr=8-6

or this box: Amazon.com: Atrend E12S B Box Series 12-Inch Single Hatchback Enclosures: Car Electronics

it cut the price down to about... 582 dollars switching to just a single 12 inch sub.

what do you guys think? i figure it would give me more room for cargo with a single sub box.

Old 10-19-2011, 07:49 PM
5 Year Member
That thing is pretty small to begin with. Removing that spare tire would give you a damn good amount of room to put an amp but I don't think you want to do this. I know someone mounted an amp in there with the tire but I can't remember who or what amp they used.

I'll see what I can find.

Old 10-19-2011, 08:09 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Jamy
That thing is pretty small to begin with. Removing that spare tire would give you a damn good amount of room to put an amp but I don't think you want to do this. I know someone mounted an amp in there with the tire but I can't remember who or what amp they used.

I'll see what I can find.

yeah i can't find it at all.. i thought i remember seeing it somewhere too...

i think at worst i was going to mount the amp on top of the box

Old 10-19-2011, 08:11 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Vash
yeah i can't find it at all.. i thought i remember seeing it somewhere too...

i think at worst i was going to mount the amp on top of the box
That's what I did with my Rockford. course that was a 1200 watt amp. Much bigger than the one I'll be using now.

Old 10-20-2011, 01:31 AM
5 Year Member
Before you buy, I'd like to look at this again when I am not half asleep. But I would also recommend taking a look at Audio Savings | Welcome to AudioSavings.com they ship everything for free and have a very nice selection of stuff.

Old 10-20-2011, 03:04 AM
5 Year Member
Ok I am still only half awake so bear with this;

AudioSavings has the same Headunit $319 free ship Audio Savings | Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD 7" Double Din Car DVD Player Receiver, USB/iPod Control

AudioSavings has 2 Kicker 12's with ported box, with AutoTek 1000watt amp and with the amp kit for $285 free ship Audio Savings | Kicker 07DC12-4 600W Enclosure+(2)12" Subwoofers+AT1000 Amplifier+AMP WIRE KIT

Ebay brand new kit/harness/antenna adapter $45 free ship FIT SINGLE/DOUBLE/2-DIN CAR RADIO STEREO INSTALL SILVER DASH KIT COMBO 99-7877S | eBay

Total = $649 shipped.

Subs are better than the kenwoods for sure, the amp is probably around the same quality wise, same H/U so that doesn't matter and the kit/harness/antenna adapter are cheaper on ebay by a few bucks. I would def say this would better in the same price range for a dual 12 setup.

Single sub can save you some cash for sure.

AudioSavings - Single HiFonics 12 with ported box $85 free ship. Audio Savings | HIFONICS HFX12D4 12" SUBWOOFER+VENTED SUB BOX ENCLOSURE

Ebay brand new MB Quart 400watt mono block amp $100 free ship. NEW MB QUART FX1.400 400W MONOBLOCK Car Amplifier Amp | eBay

AudioSavings Cadence Amp Kit $25 free ship. Audio Savings | CADENCE WK81 8 GAUGE CAR AMP INSTALLATION WIRE KIT NEW

Total in this option with the kit/harness/antenna adapter is $574 with shipping.

Old 10-20-2011, 08:46 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fit4Spl

Single sub can save you some cash for sure.
yeah i am going to go the single route for sure now, Iam looking into this stuff more when I get back from work. Iam going to browse this website a bit more when i get back and try to find a sealed box version of what you recommended me, and I should just use that same MB Quart amp as well on a single?

Old 10-20-2011, 08:53 AM
5 Year Member
Yup it will work fine on a single sub, to get the max power out of that amp you will need either a single 2ohm sub (kinda rare) or a single dvc 4ohm sub which you can wire the coils in parallel and get a 2ohm load on the amp.

Old 10-20-2011, 05:26 PM
5 Year Member
I built an enclosure for the spare well that held the amp all under the rebuilt floor. You can check out the entire install here: https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...e-finally.html

I think there is a link to the entire install as well. A lot of the class D amps that available now are small, powerful and play cool with little airflow. I used a JL XD amp and thing that it, the PDX, the HPD as well as many others will work great back there.

Old 10-20-2011, 08:30 PM
5 Year Member
I built an enclosure for the spare well that held the amp all under the rebuilt floor. You can check out the entire install here: https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...e-finally.html

I think there is a link to the entire install as well. A lot of the class D amps that available now are small, powerful and play cool with little airflow. I used a JL XD amp and thing that it, the PDX, the HPD as well as many others will work great back there.

man that looks good!!! i noticed you lived in TN.. you wanna help me do the same thing with my car? I think i might be lacking the skill to do something like that

Old 10-24-2011, 09:19 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks man! I'm slow but I make sure that it's done right. I'm always down to help someone out. Come on by sometime and we can knock it out.

Old 11-04-2011, 01:51 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks man! I'm slow but I make sure that it's done right. I'm always down to help someone out. Come on by sometime and we can knock it out.
i'd show up with beer, food and whatever else i could use as payment for your help if I even lived remotely close to you. I'm still amazed at that set up btw.

and thx for the link to that website. my wife doesn't know it yet but we're getting an amp and sub for my car.

btw vash, let us know how it's all worked out.

Old 11-05-2011, 06:03 PM
5 Year Member
That sound good to me! Just ask my wife about how much time I spend helping out people that need it. I am all about helping out.