Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

Post your Clazzio Seat Covers - Let's see the color combos out there

Old 05-17-2012, 03:00 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by qwerqwert
Any tips on putting the front driver seat (butt part) in and making it look good in the back with the side air bag wire?

Right now, the part that slides through the gap in the top and bottom of the seat pulls unevenly through the seat center due to the wire.
You just need to pull it out more or something, there's a cut out for the wire.

Old 05-22-2012, 01:19 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by komafit
You just need to pull it out more or something, there's a cut out for the wire.
What he said! ^

Pull it and velcro it down. Once you pull the back flap down to velcro it, you really can't see that part any longer.

Old 06-17-2012, 01:01 PM
5 Year Member
Finally able to take pictures

Here are a few snaps of my clazzio covers. These are all PVC and I went for Black outers, Ivory inserts, and Ivory stitching. As others have mentioned, the install is a bit tricky. Somewhat disappointed with the initial results, I pulled the covers off and added some stuffing to fill in a few saggy spots. I would give the fitment an 8/10, but most people are impressed nonetheless. The upper back seat is the worst, no matter how tight I pull them, they still sag away from the seat. As a result, the headrests, leave indentations in the material. I think there was a bit of a cavity there in the stock seats, so maybe it is simply a limitation that we need to live with.

Edit: Almost 3 years and 30,000 miles later the covers are holding up great. No tears, not so much as a crease in the material or even a thread coming apart. The Ivory color shows a little dirt if you look really close. I have never washed the covers. At 5 feet the Ivory looks bright and the black looks shiny and new. Very happy with the purchase.

Last edited by Under_Score; 04-02-2015 at 04:03 PM.
Old 06-17-2012, 07:40 PM
5 Year Member
Looks real good. Love the combo you chose. Mine were extremely tight. I think the key is you have to massage them like crazy. The rears, under the headrests will eventually have an indentation. Just like you said, there's a recess there for the headrests. I think mine look better now after some usage.

Last edited by 2012FitFan; 06-17-2012 at 07:46 PM.
Old 06-18-2012, 03:59 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 2012FitFan
Looks real good. Love the combo you chose. Mine were extremely tight. I think the key is you have to massage them like crazy. The rears, under the headrests will eventually have an indentation. Just like you said, there's a recess there for the headrests. I think mine look better now after some usage.
Thanks! I am happy with how they look now, but a small improvement over time would be welcomed.

Were you able to get your material to tuck around the (technical term alert) back seat flippers?

Old 06-19-2012, 03:12 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Under_Score
Thanks! I am happy with how they look now, but a small improvement over time would be welcomed.

Were you able to get your material to tuck around the (technical term alert) back seat flippers?
I caught a glimpse of the back of your front seats in your pics. The back of my front aren't loose at all. I pulled them like crazy and attached them via the velcro as tight as I could get them. They are as taut as the day I installed them.

If you're talking about the latches on the top of the back seats (back seat flippers), you can get those to look real clean. Lift the latch up and there's a screw underneath there. Unscrew it, lift up he latch and put the material under the latch. Tighten it down and it will look great.

Old 06-19-2012, 06:26 PM
5 Year Member
I caught a glimpse of the back of your front seats in your pics. The back of my front aren't loose at all. I pulled them like crazy and attached them via the velcro as tight as I could get them. They are as taut as the day I installed them.

If you're talking about the latches on the top of the back seats (back seat flippers), you can get those to look real clean. Lift the latch up and there's a screw underneath there. Unscrew it, lift up he latch and put the material under the latch. Tighten it down and it will look great.
You're the man. I'll deal with the latches when it cools down, and attack the front seats again.

Edit: I would rep you but it seems that I already have at some point...

Old 06-20-2012, 11:01 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Under_Score
You're the man. I'll deal with the latches when it cools down, and attack the front seats again.

Edit: I would rep you but it seems that I already have at some point...
No, you're the man!

Thanks for the rep. I think you just need to tweak the seats a little and then you'll be super happy! They look great my friend!

Old 06-20-2012, 12:06 PM
As far as the "back seat flappers" i found it easiest to lossen the Philips head score found by lifting the flapper then pry it up a little and tuck the covers in then thighten them back up... Mind you i did not remove the screws just lossen.

Old 06-25-2012, 11:24 AM
Former Vendor
Under_Score, those look great!!

Old 06-25-2012, 11:44 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Bean_Garage
Under_Score, those look great!!

Thanks! I am very pleased with the color combo.

Old 07-08-2012, 11:55 PM
Seat covers look awesome!! My gf always complains about how hair and such sticks to the cloth seats. Ill be getting a set of these soon! glad I ran across this site.

Old 08-01-2012, 10:17 AM
Just the info I was looking for - thanks very much! I just have the large side of the rear seat to go: need it to cool down a bit and for my sore hands to recover and finger cuts to heel. Pics to follow!

BTW, Spencer, the seat cover installation went pretty smoothly, sore hands and cut fingers aside! Thanks for the great covers and great price!

Last edited by JoeB; 08-01-2012 at 10:20 AM.
Old 08-01-2012, 02:20 PM
Those black/ivory covers look awesome!

I really want a set of these, but the need to add "stuffing/filler" underneath is a bit of a deal killer for me.

Old 08-01-2012, 02:28 PM
5 Year Member
I believe I am the only person that took the stuffing route. It made sense to me, but it is by no means required.

If there is a color combination they offer that you really like, and you don't like aesthetics of the factory seats, then these are probably worth the money.

Personally, I love the Black/Ivory/Ivory combo, but there was nothing wrong with the factory seats for me. I am not sure whether I will end up feeling that these were a good purchase in the long run, some of the original novelty has worn off.

Last edited by Under_Score; 04-02-2015 at 04:00 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 08-06-2012, 02:24 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JoeB
Just the info I was looking for - thanks very much! I just have the large side of the rear seat to go: need it to cool down a bit and for my sore hands to recover and finger cuts to heel. Pics to follow!
You're welcome and can't wait to see the pics!

Old 08-06-2012, 02:26 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Falco
Those black/ivory covers look awesome!

I really want a set of these, but the need to add "stuffing/filler" underneath is a bit of a deal killer for me.
Stuffing isn't required. Install covers and enjoy one of the best mods out there.

Old 08-08-2012, 10:44 PM
I need help deciding. I want to place an order this week and I know I want all PVC, but I cant decide between black/black/orange stitching or black/dark gray/orange stitching. I feel like they might be too busy with the black gray and orange. Thoughts?

I also considered black/dark gray/blue stitching to match the factory blue accents.

This is all for my '12 OBM fit

Old 08-08-2012, 10:56 PM
I went black/black/orange and i must say i was not disappointed. The seats looked amazing. The wait was forever long though. In fact I changed states while waiting for the covers to arrive. Spencer was amazing though I contacted him and he sent them to my new address with no problems.

Old 08-09-2012, 08:48 AM
Originally Posted by clemsonteg
I need help deciding. I want to place an order this week and I know I want all PVC, but I cant decide between black/black/orange stitching or black/dark gray/orange stitching. I feel like they might be too busy with the black gray and orange. Thoughts?

I also considered black/dark gray/blue stitching to match the factory blue accents.

This is all for my '12 OBM fit
I installed the black/dark gray/blue stitching combination, as you said, to match the factory blue accents. The covers look great but you can hardly see the blue stitching against the black background. If you want the stitching to really stand out you're likely better with the orange thread. I'll try to get pics this weekend.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Post your Clazzio Seat Covers - Let's see the color combos out there