Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

Easiest route from engine to the interior

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2013, 02:19 AM
5 Year Member
Easiest route from engine to the interior

Hey all, I just picked me up a loud speaker for my 07 Fit from a garage sale.

Its pretty much a little speaker that has two wires to connect to the battery, and then a long cord that attaches to a controller with a bunch of buttons.

I need to get that cord to run from under the hood into my car, preferably to the left of the steering wheel, maybe by the little change cubby. Anybody know where I can drill a hole, or just run the cord through to the interior?

Last edited by kingkelly; 06-16-2013 at 02:22 AM.
Old 06-16-2013, 05:12 AM
5 Year Member
I am not sure where but some have found a grommet down around steering column where they pushed another wire through. I was able to thread one through the top inside of fender. You can see it with door open just above the hinge then down into interior. THese wires come from my white gril lights to the ACC circuit.

If you just need power then why not use and Add A Fuse on the ACC circuit at the fuse box and ground on the bolt down to the left on door pillar?

THe black wires are ones I threaded through.
Name:  003-16.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  43.0 KB

Name:  004-13.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  25.9 KB

Name:  005-10.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  24.4 KB

Old 06-17-2013, 01:43 AM
5 Year Member
I couldnt find that grommet by the pedals, so i think im going to use your route through the top of the fender. Still pretty tricky to see in there, did you have to remove anything to get your wire through there? Im going to take a second look tomorrow, maybe use a coat hanger to push through.

Im not too knowledgable with the fuse box and adding a fuse, so not sure how good that will turn out lol. Going to just hook the red and black cables straight to the battery. I should put a switch or something in there though in case this thing shorts out right?

Old 06-17-2013, 04:14 AM
5 Year Member
Where are you located in Canada? Never know we could be neighbours.
I used a coat hanger to pull the wires through form engine compartment.

Been thinking and what you need is just a plain old add a fuse. Go to PartSource and get one. Make sure it is the small fuse one for Hondas. You just oull the Acc fuse and plug this in. That is your hot wire. the black ground can be fastened to a bolt on the door pillar near the fuse box. If you want to add a switch put it inthe red wire and mount it onthe bottom left of dash.

What are you going to use this speaker for?

Old 06-17-2013, 11:53 AM
5 Year Member
Man i wish I was still in Ontario, Im stuck out in Calgary now. The land of cracked windshields and pickup trucks :\

I guess hooking it up to the fusebox (to the left of the steering wheel) would be more ideal than straight to the battery huh. Bare with me as I know zilch about electrical.
The ACC fuse is for accessories, and shoudlnt be connected to anything right now right?

A new fuse in there should look like this, and I just plug my red wire in to that and ground the black to a bolt on the door frame?

Still gotta route the wires from the engine over the wheel fender and into the fusebox since the speakers going to be crammed under the hood somewhere. Is there a big advantage to hooking up to the ACC instead of direct to battery?

Old 06-17-2013, 03:03 PM
5 Year Member
There are a few Freaks in Calgary that may be able to help you.

Yes that is the Add A Fuse you want. Make sure it is the small one to fit a Honda fuse box. You pull out the ACC fuse. Plug this in then the original fuse plugs into this. Connect the red wire and the black to the bolt on door oillar - you will see the one ai mean when you look.

If you are mounting under the hood then you will need to snake the red wire to the front through the fender. The black can be ground under the hood some place. Lots of bolts around the rad area.

The ACC will not be connected to anything else. Oh make sure you have a backup fuse as who knows that speaker may blow a fuse. Now why do you want this thing anyways? It is 12 volts I hope.

Good luck

Damn I had to deal with a dead battery this morning. No idea why.

Old 06-17-2013, 03:56 PM
5 Year Member
Hah how else will i embarrass the girlfriend when i pick her up from work??

This thing is rated at 12 Volts, 8 amps. That should be fine for the ACC right.
Ill work on snaking through the wires when i get home. Ill post pics if i get it working.

Old 06-18-2013, 02:23 PM
5 Year Member
Alrighty got my add-a-fuse (16$ !), plugged er in and tested out my loudspeaker hooked to that and touching a bold on the door. It worked!

Now i just have to thread through the wires in the car. Couldnt find a wire coat hanger last night, but I grabbed one from work, so i'll try and wrap this sucker up tonight.

Old 06-18-2013, 02:49 PM
5 Year Member
Congrats. THey are pricey little things. Usually more than what you are connecting.

Old 06-19-2013, 02:45 AM
5 Year Member
Hot dog ive got it installed!

Poked my way through with a coat hanger fairly easily. Started from the top of the drivers door hinge and worked my way into under the hood. Taped my wires to it, then pulled it back out. I took some horrible pictures, you can see the two wires taped together, and the ground wire under the bolt right by the speaker (says 12V).

The wires snake into the car and are glued just under the window so nothing pops out when the doors open and closes. Mounted my little controller in the empty spot beside the mirror controls. Unhooks easily and looks good! Thanks for the help Black3sr!

Name:  uu0INrW.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  29.4 KB

Name:  COqofi0.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  27.2 KB

Name:  8shJkoS.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  24.9 KB

Old 06-19-2013, 05:07 AM
5 Year Member
Your welcome. Now don't PO the girl friend with it.