Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

Honda Cargo Organizer

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 09:25 PM
Honda Cargo Organizer

Anyone bought one of these for their Fits? I got mine online from Bernardi Parts, and it arrived today. I'm seriously wondering if they sent me a used one; it's a bit scuffed on the inside (looks like new on the outside), and it has an odd smell (resembles plastic or paint - maybe it's just a new smell?). The outside looks fairly new, though, or at least like new. I might return it, but seeing as how it was insanely cheap compared to other sites, perhaps I won't. I'll look it over again in the morning and see.

So, does anyone else have the official Honda organizer? Does it have an odd odor, or easily scuff? Do you think I have a repackaged old one?

I know some people have found them online other places and at stores like Sears and Wal-Mart; how do these hold up? Are they as large as the one offered by Honda (30 by 11 by 13)? Maybe I'll return it and buy one of these instead.

Old 08-24-2006, 03:21 PM
5 Year Member
Mine had a slight smell when I first got it, but I think it was just the new smell. Didn't notice any scuffs on mine though...

Old 08-21-2010, 03:43 PM
5 Year Member
oem cargo organizer

Wow-I can't believe the date on this post. I just received one of these for my 2010, and it's the EXACT same description. Sealed in an OEM plastic bag, and the outside fabric looks perfect. The inside has a putrid smell and also looked scuffed, and when I cleaned it with some Simple Green the rags became black with dirt. I sprayed it with Febreeze and let it sit, cleaned it again and let it air out. Still smells. Mine must be years older than the OP's.....

Old 08-22-2010, 01:51 AM
5 Year Member
I ordered one of these from Bernardi parts back in May and it had a "sealed in plastic" kind of smell for a couple of days, but otherwise was fine. A friend of mine thought it was so practical, she got one for her Prius. She said the one made by Toyota was a weird flat shape and wasn't very useful.

Old 08-22-2010, 05:28 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks for the info. Now I have a new problem with it-one of the buttons snapped off the divider, so a new on is on the way. I'm hoping it doesn't smell

Old 09-09-2010, 11:09 PM
Unhappy My cargo organizer smells awful!

I just got my cargo organizer in the mail today. It STINKS! It smells like a combination of cigarette smoke combined with is really awful chemical smell. I really like it, though. It is out in my yard in the sun and I am hoping that the smells wears off, as I would really like to use it!

Old 09-10-2010, 06:30 PM
5 Year Member
Who did you order from? My replacement showed up and had the same two problems as the first-weak snaps and bad smell. I swapped that one out at a local dealer and the new one does not smell, and the snaps seem sturdier...

Old 09-10-2010, 07:40 PM
Cargo Organizer

I ordered it from College Hills Honda because their prices were much lower than my local dealer. I also ordered the the Cargo cover and floor mats. Those items smell just fine. It's just the organizer. It does smell better today, after a day in the sun, but it looks like it will take a few more days to completely air out. That's great that your local dealer exhanged yours though. Maybe I'll try that if being out in the sun doesn't work. Someone posted that it smells like a rubber factory smells.