DIY 07-08 Fit Steering Wheel Emblem Replacement - Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

Old 04-10-2017, 11:24 PM
5 Year Member

DIY 07-08 Fit Steering Wheel Emblem Replacement

Tired of that faded emblem that has plagued almost every GD3 fit? Well, here is your chance to upgrade it!!

Tools you need:
10mm socket
sharp utility blade
flat head screwdriver
needle nose pliers
rubbing alcohol
some type of cleaner (windex)
q-tips
painters tape

Emblem you need:
TYPE A JDM Emblem off eBay (color your choice)
Honda Black H Steering Wheel TYPE A JDM Emblem CIVIC ACCORD FIT CRZ CR-V JAZZ | eBay

Make sure the size is 54mm x 44mm

THIS IS A DISCLAIMER: DO THIS MOD AT YOUR OWN RISK. I HOLD NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOU DAMAGING YOUR CAR AND/OR AIRBAG.

That being said, let's start!

1) Take your 10mm and disconnect your negative ground battery. Turn on your headlights to drain any leftover power.

Mask off around the emblem to prevent scratches (optional)

Stick your small flathead here to lift up the edge. Lift up the INSIDE of the emblem b/c if it got damaged, it's not visible anyways.

Once you lift it up, grab your needle nose pliers and pull. You will find many rubber pins holding the emblem on. Pull them out, the outside edge ones come out easily.

The middle ones don't come out. Use a sharp utility knife and slowly cut them below the surface. It's rubber so it cuts very easily. Don't let your blade slip though!!

This is what you're left with.

Back of the emblem to show you all the pin locations (emblem is a soft plastic, not hard. No wonder the chrome failed)

Use your cleaner and a q-tip to really get into those hard to reach spots! Clean the raised surface area with rubbing alcohol. It will clean off any residue and prepares your surface for the double sided tape.

Remove the double sided tape. Align the emblem in the middle. Push evenly and hold it for 30 seconds to let the adhesive stick. The emblem should sit flush with the surface.

Done!

Old 05-16-2017, 10:22 AM
5 Year Member

Thanks!! i wish you will be able to find solution for fading back light on factory radio display
Old 05-16-2017, 02:38 PM

OT: Where did you get the steering wheel radio controls? Feel free to respond via PM. Thanks
Old 05-16-2017, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrivemyself View Post

OT: Where did you get the steering wheel radio controls? Feel free to respond via PM. Thanks

those should have came on the sport model with options. like cruise control and etc.
Old 09-26-2017, 04:37 PM
5 Year Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrivemyself View Post

I got it from a European Honda Jazz. It's a direct fit, but it requires a rewire of your clock spring. But I hooked it up to the AXXESS steering wheel adapter and wired it to my aftermarket radio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangosmoody View Post
those should have came on the sport model with options. like cruise control and etc.
Not for USDM GD3 fit.
Old 09-26-2017, 04:38 PM
5 Year Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctor J View Post
Thanks!! i wish you will be able to find solution for fading back light on factory radio display

Gotta get a new radio, no other way around it.