Fit Photos & Videos Threads for displaying photos and videos of the Honda Fit/Jazz

More windshield damage + loaded to the roof & roof rack w/bikes

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 03:14 AM
5 Year Member
More windshield damage + loaded to the roof & roof rack w/bikes

Kicking back with friends Thursday night at Starbucks we impulsively decided to go camping! Saturday morning we were good to go.
I just could not resist from sharing these pics. Car flew up the hill to Lake del Valle by Livermore. Everybody around our camp first stared at the car as is, but when we started unloading, jaws dropped! We were the smallest car there! Can you tell I never went camping before?!
Tents, 6 lawn chairs, tubs with ice, drinks, sleeping bags, food,........

Oh, yeah! More bad news! Fortunately, I did not change my windshield that is yet to crack from last gravel truck encounter. Friday night at 11:30 (WTF?!) I "found" another gravel truck sounthbound 680 by Crow Canyon! Just 2" from previous two impacts, I got third one! That darn windshield must be made of bulitproof glass!

Old 09-17-2007, 04:32 AM
5 Year Member
damn that sucks! i learned my lesson too and mines was worse. when i had my old car the g20, a messed up tire flew out from behind a truck and it hit my bumper and cracked it hard. didnt think it would do that but it did and i got a lot of windshield cracks as well. lesson learned for me. at least u had fun at the camping trip?

Old 09-17-2007, 12:30 PM
5 Year Member
Camping was a blast! Can't wait to go again!
After some teasing by my buddies about "moving my household" they all jumped to the opportunity to use what I brought! LOL! I went high tech with rope lights and LED lighting. Shooting darts at night was a blast!
We should make a big Fitfreak camping summer meet next year! That would kick ass!

Old 09-17-2007, 01:24 PM
Retired Moderator
Wow your Fit was packed full!! That camping trip sounds like a blast!! Sucks you got more rock chips though...