Fit Photos & Videos Threads for displaying photos and videos of the Honda Fit/Jazz

SickFit vs Towelie - Battle of the Fits

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 02:43 PM
5 Year Member
BTW, Wednesday night test n tune's at Moroso are worth the 1.5 hour drive if you have the time. You get to see ALL kinds of cars and get to practice launching.

Old 07-10-2008, 02:44 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GAFIT
Good vid's. I used to go to that "private street" in my specV when I lived in Jupiter and had friends down there. I miss living 5 minutes from Moroso. I used to bolt my slicks on at home and drive to the track.
That would be our track. We're 1.5 hours from there. Not that bad of a drive, just that we didnt want to make a simple run an special event day lol.

Old 07-10-2008, 02:47 PM
5 Year Member
BTW, Wednesday night test n tune's at Moroso are worth the 1.5 hour drive if you have the time. You get to see ALL kinds of cars and get to practice launching.
Also forgot to mention that we have a track that opened about a year or so ago called countyline dragway. Not all that great of a track being that they converted an old airport into a 1/8 track and take car of it to the minimal possible, so i barely go there. and its about the same price as Moroso to run. So i'd rather hit up Moroso for the extra 1/8 track lol and the maintinace of the moroso track.

Old 07-10-2008, 02:53 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SickFit
Also forgot to mention that we have a track that opened about a year or so ago called countyline dragway. Not all that great of a track being that they converted an old airport into a 1/8 track and take car of it to the minimal possible, so i barely go there. and its about the same price as Moroso to run. So i'd rather hit up Moroso for the extra 1/8 track lol and the maintinace of the moroso track.
A nice track makes all the difference. I've raced at Moroso, Orlando (Bithlow), Sunshine (Clearwater), Commerce (ATL), Gainseville FL, Lakeland FL, and Dallas GA.

Moroso is one of my favorites. Friendly people, clean track, and not too crazy busy. Lakeland is DUUURRTY! I actually got a screw in my slick ON THE TRACK!

Old 07-10-2008, 03:41 PM
Why so serious?
5 Year Member
Maybe it was too small to read the first time.

Originally Posted by Sid 6.7
Which roads are these exactly?

Old 07-10-2008, 03:47 PM
5 Year Member
Being a private road it wouldn't have a name. Much like my driveway

Old 07-10-2008, 04:09 PM
5 Year Member
lol. Its actually una finca (spanish), also known as a farm, or dirt/tree farm close to okeechobee. No name to the street though, just a name for the farm.

Old 07-10-2008, 04:11 PM
5 Year Member
Being a private road it wouldn't have a name. Much like my driveway
Bingo and lol at the driveway. Is your driveway that long?

Old 07-10-2008, 04:18 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SickFit
Bingo and lol at the driveway. Is your driveway that long?
I wish...I live at the end of a half mile long road with very few houses on it, but it's not all mine. Everyone that lives on it uses it as our own driveway though...lot's of atv's, dirt bikes, etc. Never even seen a cop on it. Problem is it's a gravel tar mix...not real pavement. Wouldn't want to make a pass on it. The drag radials on my Mustang try to pull every stone out of the tar as I slowly drive on it.

Old 07-10-2008, 05:56 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
IMO.... this vid should be removed. Why is it that street racing cant be talked about, yet vids can be posted?
Closed road or not, its racing on the street.... Meaning STREET RACING.

Sorry... My Moderator side is showing. Eriel has a gutted cat doesnt he?

P.S. Shifting into 5th gear is pointless in a race. Most cars finish the 1/4mile by 4th.

Old 07-10-2008, 06:36 PM
Banned
I live my life a quarter mile at a time.

Old 07-10-2008, 06:54 PM
Luvs Dah b00st!
Originally Posted by Gbaby2089
I live my life a quarter mile at a time.
for that that 10 seconds or less I'm free lol

show me one 10 sec car in that movie besides that charger

Old 07-10-2008, 07:18 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by I Am Ray.
IMO.... this vid should be removed. Why is it that street racing cant be talked about, yet vids can be posted?

P.S. Shifting into 5th gear is pointless in a race. Most cars finish the 1/4mile by 4th.
Are u joking around with us?

Old 07-10-2008, 09:00 PM
iHardpark
awww ray why dam rules lol.

but yea i know shiffting into 5th is pointless i usually only run till high fourth

Old 07-10-2008, 09:38 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks for the vids!

Old 07-10-2008, 11:34 PM
i dont get why street racing cant be talked about? free speech anyone?

Old 07-10-2008, 11:43 PM
5 Year Member

thats what im saying. hypermiling is getting cracked down on and yet street racing is getting praised? i dont get it

Old 07-10-2008, 11:49 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fit_love
i dont get why street racing cant be talked about? free speech anyone?
Because it is flat out illegal and encourages other drivers to participate. Much like talking about murdering people or giving tips on drug running won't be tolerated. Street racing puts peoples lives at risk and is a stupid stunt done by idiots that don't have enough brains to do it at a track. Don't expect it to be warmly accepted and give you bragging rights on a moderated forum.

That is just an answer to the question, not directed at the OP. If it was done on a closed road with permission from the land owner they are not violating any laws and I applaud they were smart enough to take it off the streets. The forum rules are clear that if you are not breaking laws the post is acceptable. Closed road racing w/ permission is a safe and responsible, however it should be noted no-insurance waivers are generally required by your insurance company if you participate in these kind of events. There may be other regulations and rules depending on the state/province you live in as well.

The moderators do however have a right to further inquire IMO if they suspect otherwise.

Ray, I don't agree with this statement. I have participated in autoX events which are closed course. They can occur in parking lots or private properly legally and safely. This situation as described by the OP falls into that category. I am sure the OP can elaborate specifically on how they met the state rules to do this legally... if he can't well then I would agree 100% with removing this post.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 07-10-2008 at 11:54 PM.
Old 07-10-2008, 11:50 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by solbrothers
thats what im saying. hypermiling is getting cracked down on and yet street racing is getting praised? i dont get it
This was not done on PUBLIC roads... if you can hypermile on your own PRIVATE road go for it. Racing and SOME hypermiling practices are dangerous when performed on PUBLIC roads.

Old 07-10-2008, 11:55 PM
Luvs Dah b00st!
Originally Posted by JDMchris.com
This was not done on PUBLIC roads... if you can hypermile on your own PRIVATE road go for it. Racing and SOME hypermiling practices are dangerous when performed on PUBLIC roads.

Hypermiling?

Quick Reply: SickFit vs Towelie - Battle of the Fits