Fit Photos & Videos Threads for displaying photos and videos of the Honda Fit/Jazz

SickFit vs Towelie - Battle of the Fits

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 11:56 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JDMchris.com
This was not done on PUBLIC roads... if you can hypermile on your own PRIVATE road go for it. Racing and SOME hypermiling practices are dangerous when performed on PUBLIC roads.
+1 I fully support Hypermiling on closed private roads

Originally Posted by gd3kamiwanaB
Hypermiling?
Methods when used to extremes involve such things as turning your engine off as you approach a red light; run 3 times the sidewall pressure; drafting semis and cars; turning your engine on and off as you drive on the highway.... ect. All in the name of getting insane mileage. Lots of threads for reading in the eco section, this is a bit off topic for this one.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 07-10-2008 at 11:58 PM.
Old 07-11-2008, 12:12 AM
Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
Because it is flat out illegal and encourages other drivers to participate. Much like talking about murdering people or giving tips on drug running won't be tolerated. Street racing puts peoples lives at risk and is a stupid stunt done by idiots that don't have enough brains to do it at a track. Don't expect it to be warmly accepted and give you bragging rights on a moderated forum.
i understand that, but just cause someone does it doesnt mean theyre encouraging others or trying to get other people to do it. if someones that impressionable, i think thats on them. but thats just my opinion.

Old 07-11-2008, 12:19 AM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
I am all for free speech and I also believe people make their own decisions outside of what they see and hear if properly informed.

I once heard somebody who was defending rights on another forums say
"I say what I want, do what I want and to whom I want" and it really highlighted to me they there needs to be lines drawn when your freedoms start affecting other peoples freedoms.

This forum was setup as a place for like minded people to discuss legal use of their cars and promote safe and informative topics. You agreed to it when you signed up, the rules are set by the admins.

I personally don't support any illegal activities that could endanger somebodies life so I agree and stand by these rules myself. Maybe I am a bit hard nosed on the issue, but there is nothing quite like losing somebody to somebody else's stupid stunts.

Take this story for instance, this is a 31 year old Vancouver police officer who was killed by punks. You tell his family that you want to see more videos of street racing and see how they react.
CBC News Indepth: Crime

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 07-11-2008 at 12:26 AM.
Old 07-11-2008, 12:32 AM
I am all for free speech and I also believe people make their own decisions outside of what they see and hear if properly informed.

I once heard somebody who was defending rights on another forums say
"I say what I want, do what I want and to whom I want" and it really highlighted to me they there needs to be lines drawn when your freedoms start affecting other peoples freedoms.

This forum was setup as a place for like minded people to discuss legal use of their cars and promote safe and informative topics. You agreed to it when you signed up, the rules are set by the admins.

I personally don't support any illegal activities that could endanger somebodies life so I agree and stand by these rules myself. Maybe I am a bit hard nosed on the issue, but there is nothing quite like losing somebody to somebody else's stupid stunts.

Take this story for instance, this is a 31 year old Vancouver police officer who was killed by punks. You tell his family that you want to see more videos of street racing and see how they react.
CBC News Indepth: Crime
im not saying i want to see street racing videos, and im not saying i live by them either. but i think if people want to showcase their mdos and their effectiveness, there nothign wrong with that. I find it informative. some people might find a visual of the power gained from a certain setup or power mod more beneficial then a dyno or a personal account. from this video people can now see that in general a fiull exhaust + header = intake + exhaust. no where in the video does it condone street racing. not only that, but im sure they didnt even break 100. people do that speeding to work? but we cant talk down on speeding, or should we ban that kind of activity too? you get what im saying?

Old 07-11-2008, 12:32 AM
5 Year Member
Name:  new1-77.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  16.9 KB

:P

Old 07-11-2008, 12:34 AM
5 Year Member
that was great heh

Old 07-11-2008, 12:47 AM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fit_love
im not saying i want to see street racing videos, and im not saying i live by them either. but i think if people want to showcase their mdos and their effectiveness, there nothign wrong with that. I find it informative. some people might find a visual of the power gained from a certain setup or power mod more beneficial then a dyno or a personal account. from this video people can now see that in general a fiull exhaust + header = intake + exhaust. no where in the video does it condone street racing. not only that, but im sure they didnt even break 100. people do that speeding to work? but we cant talk down on speeding, or should we ban that kind of activity too? you get what im saying?

By having people go out and street race... then come back and post it for everybody to see you are encouraging others to do the same. In response to your statement; There is something wrong with showcasing mods on public streets, it is illegal! You could go to jail, get a ticket.... or worse you could cream a car that is not prepared for some idiot doing 90mph in a 55 zone he thought was safe and kill somebody.

There are safe responsible ways to demonstrate power gains, dyno's or closed course racing are among the easiest for people to access. Street racing proves nothing anyway, it is uncontrolled and with no timing devices around basically is just stunting.

Speeding is illegal as well and by rules of the forum discussing it on here is a violation and will be removed.

Also I never said anything about this specific video providing it was done on a closed course.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 07-11-2008 at 12:54 AM.
Old 07-11-2008, 12:47 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by solbrothers

:P
LMAO!! Sorry, it was time to laugh and that did it for me.

Old 07-11-2008, 12:49 AM
I honestly don't see what's wrong with posting street races. Just require all videos say FitFreak does not condone these activities. It takes off as much liability as reading a DIY off these forums for doing some mod on your car. What's done has been done, all that's being done is directing us towards the videos. :]

tonyd posts videos all the time of other cars, why is it Fit-specific?

Old 07-11-2008, 12:51 AM
5 Year Member
hay guise! i just hit some children playing the street and didnt stop! yee! it was awesome! i'll go back and do it again with a video camera to show you guys!

Old 07-11-2008, 12:51 AM
5 Year Member
By having people go out and street race... then come back and post it for everybody to see you are encouraging others to do the same.

There are safe responsible ways to demonstrate power gains, dyno's or closed course racing are among the easiest for people to access. Street racing proves nothing anyway, it is uncontrolled and with no timing devices around basically is just stunting.

Speeding is illegal as well and by rules of the forum discussing it on here is a violation of the rules.
Closed course as in PRIVATE. And we did just that as I explained on the main post.

Hypermiling is illegal too guys. If you dont belive me:

wcco.com - Cops: 'Hypermiling' Often Risky, Illegal

At least we did what we did in a closed/private area. Theres nothing else that should be argued about.

Old 07-11-2008, 12:54 AM
By having people go out and street race... then come back and post it for everybody to see you are encouraging others to do the same.

Speeding is illegal as well and by rules of the forum discussing it on here is a violation and will be removed.

Also I never said anything about this specific video providing it was done on a closed course.
but nowhere on fit freak does it say "go street race and post results" by posting a vid, youre not encouraging anyone. youre saying "look what i did, see if its helpful to you, i did it of my own accord and my stupidity"

Old 07-11-2008, 12:57 AM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SickFit
Closed course as in PRIVATE. And we did just that as I explained on the main post.

At least we did what we did in a closed/private area. Theres nothing else that should be argued about.
Please for my sake go back and read post #38 where I applauded you using a closed course

Old 07-11-2008, 12:58 AM
5 Year Member
Sorry. I was getting all caught up reading as fast as I could and trying to answer back b4 knocking out. Thanks

Old 07-11-2008, 12:59 AM
I run THIS
5 Year Member

he did aknowledge and said that it was good you guys did this off of public roads.

hay guise! i just hit some children playing the street and didnt stop! yee! it was awesome! i'll go back and do it again with a video camera to show you guys!
this was not a good comment to make. I know a family that had their child hit in the street. Another comment like this one and you will receive an infraction.

Old 07-11-2008, 01:03 AM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Sorry. I was getting all caught up reading as fast as I could and trying to answer back b4 knocking out. Thanks
lol no worries!

I always feel like I am jacking threads My apologies!

Old 07-11-2008, 01:03 AM
that was both ignorant and irrelevent

Old 07-11-2008, 01:11 AM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fit_love
but nowhere on fit freak does it say "go street race and post results" by posting a vid, youre not encouraging anyone. youre saying "look what i did, see if its helpful to you, i did it of my own accord and my stupidity"
I see where you are coming from on the issue, but honestly I am happy the rule stands here. Obviously most people wouldn't go out and start racing around, but lets say somebody gets a new intake and they really want to post up some results. So they go out and do a run down the street, odds are it will go fine and the video will be a hit. But what if something happens, there is no liability for the forum. However there is a social responsibility, this wouldn't have happened if the person was aware the vid would just be deleted right away.

Originally Posted by Wuze
tonyd posts videos all the time of other cars, why is it Fit-specific?
I am aware TonyD posts some questionable vids here and there, I personally obtain from them if they glorify street racing as my own protest. They should be removed if they contain illegal content IMO.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 07-11-2008 at 01:14 AM.
Old 07-11-2008, 01:12 AM
5 Year Member
Cant we all just get along. Please guys. The whole point on this thread was to show the difference in power from different setups. In no way do I ask anyone to do this or nor do I encourage this. Eriel and I were lucky to have friend with a nice road to try this on. Again to those offended, I have read the rules and have complied to them by doing it the right way...not nessecerily the safe way because we did run our cars against eachother. I didnt even mention the word "race" in my original thread, just to be clean.

Old 07-11-2008, 01:13 AM
I see where you are coming from on the issue, but honestly I am happy the rule stands here. Obviously most people wouldn't go out and start racing around, but lets say somebody gets a new intake and they really want to post up some results. So they go out and do a run down the street, odds are it will go fine and the video will be a hit. But what if something happens, there is no liability for the forum. However there is a social responsibility, this wouldn't have happened if the person was aware the vid would just be deleted right away.
its really a personal descision. i doubt that knowing your video will be taken down will stop people from going street racing. people are going do it regardless. a forum isn't going to be the cause of someone going out and street racing.

Quick Reply: SickFit vs Towelie - Battle of the Fits