Fit Photos & Videos Threads for displaying photos and videos of the Honda Fit/Jazz

SickFit vs Towelie - Battle of the Fits

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 06:06 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
I still stand by myself. What they did was illegal. Private roads or not, its not a road licensed for racing on.

Ive said it before too. If these 2 were caught by a cop doing what they were doing they would be cited for street racing and/or wreckless/careless driving. Only thing they wouldnt be cited for is trespassing as they have permission to be on the road.

But again, the vid is here to stay. Unless we keep it off topic.

Old 07-11-2008, 06:25 PM
iHardpark
i know what we did was illegal but it was just for fun lol. he wanted to see where he stand before he puts on his super charger and then we are gonna race again to see what difference it makes. but that one we wont post because this is a hassle.

and i leave on this note... don't acted like none of you guys are little goodie too shoes and have never raced, speeded, gripped raced, or even maybe drifted on a road that wasn't a track

Old 07-11-2008, 06:30 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by towelie
i know what we did was illegal but it was just for fun lol. he wanted to see where he stand before he puts on his super charger and then we are gonna race again to see what difference it makes. but that one we wont post because this is a hassle.

and i leave on this note... don't acted like none of you guys are little goodie too shoes and have never raced, speeded, gripped raced, or even maybe drifted on a road that wasn't a track
OHHHH EMMM GEEEEE! You admitted it. Thread closed.

Of course Ive raced. I have a record of racing on my license. Heh
I wont hide it as it was fun as hell.

Trying to overtake another vehicle in a merge lane is racing. Even more so if the person WONT let you over.

Old 07-11-2008, 06:33 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by I Am Ray.
I still stand by myself. What they did was illegal. Private roads or not, its not a road licensed for racing on.

Ive said it before too. If these 2 were caught by a cop doing what they were doing they would be cited for street racing and/or wreckless/careless driving. Only thing they wouldnt be cited for is trespassing as they have permission to be on the road.

But again, the vid is here to stay. Unless we keep it off topic.
That is not true Ray; what they did was not illegal.

As an example here is my car racing on private property (not a race track designed or licenced for racing) and a police car watching in the background. It is 100% legal. Police enforce rules on public roads only, they can't do anything if the property owner agrees to allow it. The only thing that could be a factor is your insurance company; like I was saying before you may need to sign a no-insurance waiver by law when doing events like this.

Also for the record I hold only 1 fine in over 11 years of driving.... I apparently ran a yellow light. Was a weak fine, cop looked like he was having a bad day and he wasn't professional at all in his manor at the time.

Most of my fun was done on private logging roads growing up

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 07-11-2008 at 06:40 PM.
Old 07-11-2008, 06:37 PM
iHardpark
lol shut up ray yea we raced but on a private road that was closed but i can really care if the tread gets closed all i really wanted to do was see the videos and ive done that already.

ive raced plenty of times muhahaha but i have never gotten caught i have even ran away from cops on numerous occasions but only once in my car the rest of them were on my quad.

but ray your crazy lol i have never tried to over take a vehicle on a merging lane. like i have but if they dont let me i pull off. but you probably did it in your lil fast mx6 :P

Old 07-11-2008, 06:47 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
That is not true Ray; what they did was not illegal.

As an example here is my car racing on private property (not a race track designed or licenced for racing) and a police car watching in the background. It is 100% legal. Police enforce rules on public roads only, they can't do anything if the property owner agrees to allow it. The only thing that could be a factor is your insurance company; like I was saying before you may need to sign a no-insurance waiver by law when doing events like this.

Also for the record I hold only 1 fine in over 11 years of driving.... I apparently ran a yellow light. Was a week fine, cop looked like he was having a bad day and he wasn't professional at all in his manor at the time.

Most of my fun was done on private logging roads growing up
Thats a planned event though.

Youre saying a cop would just let them keep doing what they were doing? Here in FL... deff not. They would have been stopped and cited. I can guarantee this. Theres no way a cop would let them slide. If the cop was unsure the cop would send them to court. (as I have been)

but ray your crazy lol i have never tried to over take a vehicle on a merging lane. like i have but if they dont let me i pull off. but you probably did it in your lil fast mx6 :P
I was stating that everyones done this. Its a form of racing. Its 1 or 2 vehicles attempting to over take one another.

Old 07-11-2008, 07:14 PM
Amen.Amen.Amen.

Old 07-11-2008, 07:42 PM
iHardpark
Originally Posted by Pepperinyoureye
Amen.Amen.Amen.

i feel you on the s2ki thing to homie. jdm south is the same way they have 2 sections lol a section dedicated for call outs and another dedicated for " racing" videos.

but w/e it was still a fun race i had fun and was the closed race i have ever ran

Old 07-11-2008, 08:05 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by I Am Ray.
Thats a planned event though.

Youre saying a cop would just let them keep doing what they were doing? Here in FL... deff not. They would have been stopped and cited. I can guarantee this. Theres no way a cop would let them slide. If the cop was unsure the cop would send them to court. (as I have been)

I was stating that everyones done this. Its a form of racing. Its 1 or 2 vehicles attempting to over take one another.
In my case the cop not only let me do what I was doing, but he actually come in chatted with the event staff and ran the course in his cruiser.

Sure I will accept your argument, I openly admit I don't know everything so for my own understanding I am interested in where is the legal difference between running a planned event and running on a closed course (assuming of course they are both on private property with granted permission)?

i feel you on the s2ki thing to homie. jdm south is the same way they have 2 sections lol a section dedicated for call outs and another dedicated for " racing" videos.

but w/e it was still a fun race i had fun and was the closed race i have ever ran
You guys def need to run against a stock Fit for a baseline. I want to see how it would do against yours with mods.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 07-11-2008 at 08:08 PM.
Old 07-11-2008, 08:16 PM
yeah man theres no way the forum can get in trouble for talking about/ posting a video of street racing
the individual might get in trouble,but thats got nothing to do with the owners of the forum.

Old 07-11-2008, 08:30 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Pepperinyoureye
yeah man theres no way the forum can get in trouble for talking about/ posting a video of street racing
the individual might get in trouble,but thats got nothing to do with the owners of the forum.
lol, you would be surprised what you can get in trouble for... check out the Stella Awards;

True Stella Awards: the 2003 Winners

Old 07-11-2008, 10:38 PM
Ihh IS Jaaaarome!
5 Year Member
yo ya crazy but it looks like fun 2 fits going at the same speed jaja , jk... oh and ray is like the dude from tokyo drift, he have record of illegal racing and he have to move to different places so he domt get in trouble with the law anymore and thats why he drive a fit jaja jk, i love my fit

Old 07-12-2008, 12:21 AM
Originally Posted by Sugarphreak

You guys def need to run against a stock Fit for a baseline. I want to see how it would do against yours with mods.

sounds good now all i got to do is find a stock fit

Old 07-14-2008, 06:40 PM
hey was this by okeechobee? and i don't see the big deal with the video

Old 07-14-2008, 07:14 PM
iHardpark
yea it was by okee i don't either but whatever what can you do lol