Fit Photos & Videos Threads for displaying photos and videos of the Honda Fit/Jazz

My 09 GE Taffy is all nice and shiny again

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 03:57 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Spiritborn
I'm starting to warm up to the idea of getting the shark fin antenna. I think it's a necessity on my part 'cause I messed up my shorty antenna and antenna base backing up while my garage door is not fully up. Do you think it will hold so that water will not enter the hole on my roof with this thing on?
I doubt if any significant amount of water would enter. It is mounted/sealed all the way around with 3M.

Fitah. I still like my stainless.

Old 07-21-2010, 10:54 AM
5 Year Member
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaa. I walk out this morning and see this. I had to have done i yesterday and I do not know how or where. I had pulled up close to concrete curb but if I had hit it it would have been in the middle. I went over some bumps but nothing severe and did not feel anything. Shit. The scrape is all along the bottom pretty much right to the wheel well.

I sanded a bit, primed and hit it with can of TW touchup. Can see line from masking tape. I will rub it out a bit tomorrow and wax it. Damn Damn.

Name:  002-7.jpg
Views: 2592
Size:  32.4 KB
Name:  003-11.jpg
Views: 2589
Size:  32.8 KB

Old 07-21-2010, 12:46 PM
5 Year Member
Good god...that sucks.

Sorry to hear but your touch up looks great.

Old 07-21-2010, 02:48 PM
5 Year Member
I am still ticked that I do know for sure where it happened. I am not going to go out and drive the same roads to find out either. Possible it happened turning left off into a parking lot. I was going a bit fast and may have done it on the ramp from the street.

Old 07-21-2010, 03:43 PM
5 Year Member
aww man that does suck . Glad you got it fixed up a bit at least.

Reminds me when I curbed my front right wheel.. now I'm extra extra careful lol.

Old 08-03-2010, 04:09 PM
5 Year Member
Cool

Nice touch up job, Black3sr! I've gotta do mine too--I scraped parking at a lot to get my coffee--damn my caffeine addiction Anyways, where'd you end up getting the TW aerosol spray can?

Also, on your front emblem, did you break off the 'H' and sprayed it directly in there, then glued it back on or did you just remove the bumper? I'm asking because I want to do paint my front H flat black, and I want contrast so I want the inside white. Planning to do the same with the back. I'm a bit sheepish cuz I'm afraid of messing up my car!

Old 08-03-2010, 06:04 PM
Hey Black3sr looking good man, real nice. I think I'm closing in in those seat covers, you really happy with them?

Have you made a decision on the door visors? I do think you'll need to modify them a bit to fit over the chrome pillars but a man of your talent/skill could handle it_

Here's the top of the OEM at the pillar.

K_C_

Old 08-04-2010, 04:50 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by blassty
Nice touch up job, Black3sr! I've gotta do mine too--I scraped parking at a lot to get my coffee--damn my caffeine addiction Anyways, where'd you end up getting the TW aerosol spray can?

Also, on your front emblem, did you break off the 'H' and sprayed it directly in there, then glued it back on or did you just remove the bumper? I'm asking because I want to do paint my front H flat black, and I want contrast so I want the inside white. Planning to do the same with the back. I'm a bit sheepish cuz I'm afraid of messing up my car!
Originally Posted by Krimson_Cardnal
Hey Black3sr looking good man, real nice. I think I'm closing in in those seat covers, you really happy with them?

Have you made a decision on the door visors? I do think you'll need to modify them a bit to fit over the chrome pillars but a man of your talent/skill could handle it_

K_C_
Pics from yesterday - I gave the lip a few more sprays of TW. I got the can at local auto supply place - Canadian Tire aka Crappy Tire. It was $15 with taxes etc but a large one. I am going to do my winter wheels with them.

Emblem. I hand painted with small modeling brush. I used the paint that I used on my drums and calipers. Seems to be sticking ok. I had first cleaned with alcohol. Give it a try using small bottles of hobby paint. Keep a rag with alcohol handy to wipe up a little boo boos.

KC - Seat covers - get them. They are great and make interior look real expensive along with the faux wood trim.

Visors came. They are after market ones. Not sure if I like them with my stainless. They would have looked better had they met in the middle. Hmm maybe just black vinyl tape would work?

I have mirror covers with winkers coming. Should be fun wiring them. Also Centre caps for my winter wheels from an old Civic

The touched up lip

Name:  001-12.jpg
Views: 2579
Size:  30.3 KB

Name:  004-8.jpg
Views: 2595
Size:  56.1 KB

The visors
Name:  003-12.jpg
Views: 2600
Size:  34.2 KB

Name:  002-8.jpg
Views: 2635
Size:  51.3 KBName:  005-4.jpg
Views: 2668
Size:  47.8 KB

Old 08-04-2010, 10:44 AM
Originally Posted by Black3sr

KC - Seat covers - get them. They are great and make interior look real expensive along with the faux wood trim.

Visors came. They are after market ones. Not sure if I like them with my stainless. They would have looked better had they met in the middle. Hmm maybe just black vinyl tape would work?

The visors

I think you found part of the reason I only installed the front visor. That 'gap' bothered me as well, but your chrome sort of sets it off nicely.

I have to say you've created some nice contrast - don't tape it [ugh] - I think it works well as is.

Which covers to you get, color?

K_C_

Old 08-04-2010, 10:57 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Krimson_Cardnal
I think you found part of the reason I only installed the front visor. That 'gap' bothered me as well, but your chrome sort of sets it off nicely.

I have to say you've created some nice contrast - don't tape it [ugh] - I think it works well as is.

Which covers to you get, color?

K_C_
I was thinking of you or someone when I just tacked them on and looked at how it would be with only the front ones. There is a bit of gap on the rear ones . Actually a big gap so I had to push them down rather hard. I think they will stay on and there is no wind noise.

Thanks on the chrome(stainless). I am getting use to it.

Seat covers? I got black with blue stitching. It matches the stitching on the Honda gearshift knob for auto trannys.

Old 08-18-2010, 05:11 PM
5 Year Member
Got my winkers on the mirrors. A lot of work. About 5 hours. I work slow but cheap. All the pulling and prodding my fingers are sore. But worth it. Found a couple new panels to take off There are very few left. Rear doors and one side of trunk have not been off yet. The mirror coves were a bitch to get snapped on. They are after market so the size is off just a hair.

Before I closedup under dash I checked the lights. Well shit the right signal is on and the left mirror is flashing. I was so concerned about connecting to the right wires and overlooked that. Rather than try to get those snap on connectors off I just cut and switched the wires. A bit of solder and tape and all good. A very satisfying mod.

The mirrors also have a blue LED inside to use as side markers. I have identified the wires in the fuse box - the two skinny grey ones but decided to leave well enough alone. Besides it is getting crowed in there. Also they may be illegal here.

OK next is throttle controller and oh as the door panels come off easy I MAY recover them. Name:  003-13.jpg
Views: 2575
Size:  53.3 KBName:  002-9.jpg
Views: 2635
Size:  27.0 KB

Old 08-18-2010, 06:05 PM
where did you get the mirror covers? they look good!

Old 08-19-2010, 04:03 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by lungfish23
where did you get the mirror covers? they look good!
Thanks.

Ebay here -Door Mirror Cover w LED Honda Jazz and Fit 09 GE8 JDM: eBay Motors (item 170329054559 end time Aug-28-10 20:06:14 PDT)

Now in the description the pics show them as all orange including the side markers. My sidemarkers are blue. Maybe if ask they could do them with all orange.

There are also some on Ebay from a USA dealer but they only use UPS and will really screw us on shipping. Also their prices vary for same item. They are slightly different as well. The ones with puddle lights are neat.

Old 08-19-2010, 06:26 AM
5 Year Member
Wow, nice job Bill! Got any night time pics yet? Looks real good.

Old 08-19-2010, 06:33 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jeff_1986
Wow, nice job Bill! Got any night time pics yet? Looks real good.
Well crap I was going to take a movie last night but forgot. This affliction I have, CRS is taking it's toll. Maybe tonight.

Last edited by Black3sr; 08-19-2010 at 11:33 AM. Reason: I even screwed this up it is CRS I have not CRC
Old 08-20-2010, 05:35 PM
5 Year Member
Todays mod. Hey gotta work on something every day eh.

Wanted to see how my winter Steelies would look in TW .Those are 78 Civic center caps. Rather beaten up. If any one has 4 good ones let me know. I would use my chrome Sport lugnuts.

So yes or no on the white steelies?

Name:  001-14.jpg
Views: 2636
Size:  45.1 KBName:  002-10.jpg
Views: 2552
Size:  47.7 KBName:  003-14.jpg
Views: 2591
Size:  44.2 KB

Old 08-20-2010, 07:01 PM
That looks good for the winter.

I also like the offset you're running ;-)

Old 08-20-2010, 08:42 PM
5 Year Member
Hell yea, that stance is sick

Those wheels look fine to me.. I got black steelies for the winter, never thought of paintin them white. I'm not at all anxious to put them on tho, I'm likin this warm weather lol.

Old 08-21-2010, 04:59 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jeff_1986
Hell yea, that stance is sick

Those wheels look fine to me.. I got black steelies for the winter, never thought of paintin them white. I'm not at all anxious to put them on tho, I'm likin this warm weather lol.
I actually prefer the Steelies for ride. Much more comfortable. I have wanted white wheels for a while and this was the least expensive way of getting them. If the paint stands up this winter I may paint my Sport wheels.

Oh Jeff I got the paint at Crappy Tire - $15 for one of their new improved more expensive larger cans. One will do two wheels easily.

Hey KC with my offset I doubt if I will have any rubbing issues.

Old 08-23-2010, 04:54 AM
5 Year Member
My winkers. Finally saw them at night. Surprising how can be seen from side/rear. Same with the JDM tails

Enjoy the short video.

YouTube - 001.MOV

Quick Reply: My 09 GE Taffy is all nice and shiny again