Fit Photos & Videos Threads for displaying photos and videos of the Honda Fit/Jazz

My 09 GE Taffy is all nice and shiny again

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 11:46 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Black3sr
My winkers. Finally saw them at night. Surprising how can be seen from side/rear. Same with the JDM tails

Enjoy the short video.

YouTube - 001.MOV

cool I like it. May just have to add this mod to my list

Old 09-10-2010, 05:53 PM
5 Year Member
Installed the TC yesterday. Gave her a wash and then went to test the TC on SP7.

While out took some pics.

I am just about done with Mods.... well until the next one comes along
Name:  003-5-1.jpg
Views: 1754
Size:  59.9 KBName:  005-3-1.jpg
Views: 1774
Size:  50.3 KBName:  006-4-1.jpg
Views: 1813
Size:  52.8 KBName:  007-2-1.jpg
Views: 1802
Size:  66.5 KBName:  004-3-1.jpg
Views: 1770
Size:  56.2 KBName:  008-2-1.jpg
Views: 1760
Size:  43.9 KBName:  009-4.jpg
Views: 1738
Size:  59.1 KB
Name:  002-4-1.jpg
Views: 1836
Size:  66.5 KB

Old 09-18-2010, 09:05 AM
5 Year Member
Installed the TC yesterday. Gave her a wash and then went to test the TC on SP7.
I am just about done with Mods.... well until the next one comes along
Lol... that's about right!

How do you like the Zeta Hood Deflector? I think they add to the appearance look well-made too. Do they seem effective at protecting the hood at all?

Oh and, did you have to remove some of the molding under the hood to install the clips? Or did Zeta change the need for that procedure?

How did you mount that Throttle Controller above the steering column? Great place for it, btw.

I forget, what are you dropped on? It looks about right for me and my tastes. Not to mention, any lower than that for me and I would probably bottom out just leaving/entering my driveway. (huge dip at end of driveway)

Your baby's looking really good, B3sr! Now, how 'bout that next mod?

Thanks for pics and info!

Old 09-18-2010, 09:42 AM
Name:  009-4.jpg
Views: 1760
Size:  59.1 KB

You keep one clean ride brother. Well done...

Been meaning to ask where you got your trim kit - looks sharp. What's the verdict on the seats?

Old 09-18-2010, 02:36 PM
5 Year Member
Annunc8 - Thanks for comments

1 - hood deflector I got when I bought the car. So from Canadian dealer. Not sure how it is mounted? It seems to work OK. I don't know if I would get one again or not. Been playing with idea of black vinyl hood wrap which would do same thing. I do have a couple of tiny chips on the hood I have touched up.

2- dropped on Swifts. One of my favorite mods. It just feels better in corners even though I likely do not come close to limits. They manage to make it look better without a serious drop. Should be nice with my slightly large snow tires.

3- the TC is stuck on there with the double sided tape that came with it. I am behaving and leaving it in ECO4. My Wife was not impressed. In the pic it looks good but the ends are raised. The plastic shroud could be cut to recess it some and still allow you to toggle. I t would be nice if the LED in it were blue to match the dash. Hmm a mod maybe

K.C. -

1 - Darn I do not know where I got the trim kit on Ebay. You are the first to comment on it. I think it along with the Clazzios really give the interior a touch of class. I am surprised more do not use it. I have not seen another Freak with one.

2 _ I took the wife out for ice cream last evening. An excuse to have her try out the raised seat. She liked it. Now I must try the seatbelt widing.

Oh future mods??? Well I have since painted my winter steelies TW. Raised the front of the seats and I have the Dudes i-VTEC/SOHC decals in black for the sides.

Wheels in future? Nope not seeing any that I like much better than the stock sports. Maybe after I see how I like the winter whites I may paint them TW.

Old 09-18-2010, 02:57 PM
5 Year Member
I think the word "Elegant" is the appropriate adjective to use when describing your car.. You are one classy old fart.

Old 09-18-2010, 03:15 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
I think the word "Elegant" is the appropriate adjective to use when describing your car.. You are one classy old fart.
Why do you think I got the little tree in there? Makes me smell purty.

Thanks Wily. You must work on that Avatar.

Old 09-18-2010, 11:55 PM
The Coyote's avatar FIT's to a tee. AND you are a classy old fart.

Arghhh.

Old 09-19-2010, 12:01 AM
5 Year Member
I was having a very bad hair day....

Old 09-19-2010, 12:08 AM
Perfect. The Texas humidity will do that to you.

Old 09-19-2010, 05:40 AM
5 Year Member
Geez I don't know - Classy old fart in his elegant Fit.

I was thinking Wily wears a ball cap a lot for sun protection

Old 09-19-2010, 07:35 AM
5 Year Member
Annunc8 - Thanks for comments
Hey, no problem. Give credit where credit's due, I always say. Texas (alias- GottaGetThatCoiffureTogether,Bro' ) Coyote is correct... elegant ride!

... Raised the front of the seats...
You're the second person I've read a post from who said they either "Raised the front of their seats, or raised their front seats." Do you mean you actually raised your front seat? If so, how did you do it? Instructions, materials used? If there's a post describing, sorry... it must have escaped me. I've been too busy to even visit the forum much for quite awhile now.

The problem I have with the Fit's drivers seat is there is no tilt control. My SUV has every possible seat adjustment available. I miss the tilt, and it is a little too low for me overall... no matter how I adjust.

If you have a solution for raising the seat, please help me with a small clue.

Thanks, B3sr.

Old 09-19-2010, 11:32 AM
Simply place 3-4 3/8 washers under the front rail at the seat bolt. Raises the front of the seat 3/16 - 1/4 inch, just enough to make a positive difference.

Old 09-19-2010, 01:15 PM
5 Year Member
Geez I don't know - Classy old fart in his elegant Fit.

I was thinking Wily wears a ball cap a lot for sun protection
Actually I wear a pith helmet or straw hat for protection from the sun and either a beret or skimmer when I drive with my windows lowered.... My wife wears a bucket hat with mosquito net for her daily walk in the woods with the dog...

Old 09-19-2010, 01:29 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Krimson_Cardnal

You keep one clean ride brother. Well done...

Been meaning to ask where you got your trim kit - looks sharp. What's the verdict on the seats?
Really super sharp Fit!!!!

Where can I get that GPS mount. I don't lke having mine on the windsheild and don't like the look of the bean bag style.

Thanks

Old 09-19-2010, 01:52 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by annunC8
Hey, no problem. Give credit where credit's due, I always say. Texas (alias- GottaGetThatCoiffureTogether,Bro' ) Coyote is correct... elegant ride!

>>> Well thank you

You're the second person I've read a post from who said they either "Raised the front of their seats, or raised their front seats." Do you mean you actually raised your front seat? If so, how did you do it? Instructions, materials used? If there's a post describing, sorry... it must have escaped me. I've been too busy to even visit the forum much for quite awhile now.

The problem I have with the Fit's drivers seat is there is no tilt control. My SUV has every possible seat adjustment available. I miss the tilt, and it is a little too low for me overall... no matter how I adjust.

If you have a solution for raising the seat, please help me with a small clue.

Thanks, B3sr.
Simply place 3-4 3/8 washers under the front rail at the seat bolt. Raises the front of the seat 3/16 - 1/4 inch, just enough to make a positive difference.
>>>> What a difference. Thanks KC. This should be a Stickey. My Hemi Dodge Caravan has the power seat and I miss it.

Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
Actually I wear a pith helmet or straw hat for protection from the sun and either a beret or skimmer when I drive with my windows lowered.... My wife wears a bucket hat with mosquito net for her daily walk in the woods with the dog...
>>>> What a visual

Originally Posted by Shora
Really super sharp Fit!!!!

Where can I get that GPS mount. I don't lke having mine on the windsheild and don't like the look of the bean bag style.

>>> The mount came with my Garmin. I had to glue the base to dash with Super Glue I think it was as the adhesive tape would not hold.

Thanks

Old 09-19-2010, 02:31 PM
Thanks for the compliment but I really can't take full credit, someone on the forum figured it out a while back and I simply remembered it - I congratulate myself for remembering. It is a nice mod for the front seats, however.

Old 09-19-2010, 05:45 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks for the compliment but I really can't take full credit, someone on the forum figured it out a while back and I simply remembered it - I congratulate myself for remembering. It is a nice mod for the front seats, however.
Well congrats on the memory still working.

Old 09-19-2010, 10:48 PM
5 Year Member
Great! Definitely my next mod.

Lol... I read on another forum (not a Fit forum) about some guy who placed long, cylindrical spacers and extended bolts under his seat in order to raise it. Apparently it didn't work... eventually the bolts bent, the spacers shifted to the side, the seat kinda' moved toward the console in the front and toward the door in the rear! It just kinda' twisted unevenly and out of position.

He must have either been doing some serious left-hand turning in order for that to happen, or the spacers were ridiculously long.

Thanks for the "washer fix."

Old 09-20-2010, 09:58 AM
5 Year Member
Next Mod. I could use some help/opinions here

Got a decal eh. Not sure which location is best. Fire away. The fifth option is to sell them.

Name:  001-15.jpg
Views: 1814
Size:  36.5 KBName:  003-15.jpg
Views: 1781
Size:  33.1 KBName:  005-5.jpg
Views: 1798
Size:  36.9 KBName:  008-5.jpg
Views: 1779
Size:  37.8 KB

Quick Reply: My 09 GE Taffy is all nice and shiny again