Fit Photos & Videos Threads for displaying photos and videos of the Honda Fit/Jazz

My CBP Sport 2012 and mod list w/ Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2012, 11:06 PM
My CBP Sport 2012 and mod list w/ Pictures

Fair warning!!! FitFreak.net is addictive.

I was driving to work this morning and started thinking about all the mods I’ve done to my Fit. I’ve had my radio off since I put in the PRM cold air intake. It sounds so nice why bother with music? I wonder how long until the novelty wears off?

I found this community by chance. I Googled Fit after delivery. The First thing I noticed is that FitFreaks have their own language. I didn’t know the difference between a GD3 and a GE8 for example. The word JDM was a mystery for a good week. CBP and all the other paint acronyms were another week…IBTL (unfortunately was used on one of my very first posts…hahahaha)…I do remember running out to my car and checking out the VIN just to see what I had. I discovered that my Fit was made in China and that it was the 1173rd Fit to roll off the assembly line. (JDM, USDM, does this mean I have a CADM? I jest.)

Well it’s been quite a ride already so to the best of my recollection here is the complete list of everything that I have added or removed from/to my Fit and I haven’t even gone for my first oil change yet. And I blame all of you for this. HA!!!

ORIGINAL HONDA ACCESSORIES:

OEM rear bumper appliqué.
OEM rubber mats x 4
OEM mud guards
OEM bug deflector
OEM cargo mat
OEM remote starter with security
OEM arm rest
OEM door visors.
OEM AT shifter – leather wrapped –blue stitching.

AFTERMARKET ACCESSORIES – THE CHEESE!!!

VG Shark Fin antenna
35% Tints all around.
K&N performance replacement filter (then removed for CAI install)
IVTEC SOHC decal
British Bulldog on board decal (the reason we bought the Fit in the first place)
JDM Red H emblem – Front
JDM Red H emblem - Rear
JDM Red H emblem - Steering wheel (death by Ninja star special)
JDM Red H emblem – Key fob
RS emblem - rear
RS emblem - front
Red H tire valve covers
Red H oil cap.
E-Brake cover – My wife made me a nice leather cover – Stitched.
Sick Speed reservoir covers – red
Sick Speed cold air intake socks – red
Weather Tech mats with Honda logos

DIY MODIFICATIONS FROM FitFreak.net

DIY JDM Rear Wiper mod
DIY lower front grill (to protect the a/c condenser)
DIY A/C mod (to prevent the a/c coming on automatically when defrost selected)

DELETED ITEMS (and items I goofed on)

SPORT chrome badge (installed and promptly removed - oops)
Dealer plate cover- removed and replaced with an all black one with nice bolt covers)
Dealer name sticker- removed ( I can`t believe he put that in his list)
ETC - Electronic Throttle Controller from AJR (Removed. Malfunctioned. Threw a code) Not recommended!!!!!

LIGHTING

Dome light - blue LED
Cargo light – blue LED
Map lights – bright white LED
Cup holder light – blue LED
Fog lights - H11 - Sylvania Silverstar Ultra
Headlamps - H4 - Sylvania Silverstar Ultra
Parking/ marker lights - Bright white LEDs

PERFORMANCE MODIFICATIONS

Progress anti-sway bar. (what a difference)
PRM cold air intake – OEM intake sitting in closet
Switched from 87 to 91 gasoline. Ethanol free.
Tire pressure to 35PSI all around.

On to my Pics

Morning after delivery

Name:  548617_10150772935245801_2144738090_n.jpg
Views: 415
Size:  194.7 KB

Name:  549122_10150772933495801_1666099090_n.jpg
Views: 416
Size:  107.3 KB

Name:  306853_10151072244780801_1298921748_n.jpg
Views: 357
Size:  93.5 KB

Name:  DSCF0023.jpg
Views: 350
Size:  216.9 KB

Name:  DSCF00132.jpg
Views: 294
Size:  210.2 KB

Name:  DSCF0015.jpg
Views: 523
Size:  201.6 KB

Name:  new2.png
Views: 339
Size:  360.5 KB

Name:  new.jpg
Views: 348
Size:  327.5 KB

Name:  DSCF0030-1.jpg
Views: 327
Size:  176.9 KB

Ch. Henry Thurston Albert. (As of last week he is a double Champion earning his designation in both Canada and the USA. Well done Henry! Next October he travels to Britain for is chance at the triple crown of Bulldog Championships. He hates flying)

Name:  DSCF0043-1.jpg
Views: 293
Size:  120.4 KB

Name:  DSCF0026-1.jpg
Views: 354
Size:  135.4 KB

Name:  DSCF0025-1.jpg
Views: 299
Size:  161.9 KB

Name:  DSCF00242.jpg
Views: 302
Size:  150.2 KB

Name:  DSCF00172.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  126.4 KB

Name:  DSCF00162.jpg
Views: 337
Size:  161.2 KB

Name:  DSCF0011-1.jpg
Views: 363
Size:  174.1 KB

The absolute best part about my FIT is taking my two monsters Henry and Victoria to the beach in the morning

Name:  IMG_1476.jpg
Views: 334
Size:  90.9 KB

Last edited by Dwalbert320; 10-25-2012 at 11:49 PM.
Old 07-30-2012, 02:42 AM
5 Year Member
I'm a dog lover too.. I trained dogs for both obedience and protection 30 years ago with a guy named Rocky Athas who is now playing lead guitar for John Mayhal... The more I am around any kind of dog the more I find myself disliking people.. I can tell that improving performance is appealing to you by seeing the PRM intake under the hood... Your best bang for the buck is going to be getting lighter wheels and tires instead of going for the larger wheel and low aspect ratio wider tire look ... If you have decent roads to drive on and decide to lower your car take a look at Swift Mach springs.. They don't drop the GE cars too low, the ride is very European in feel and handling is dramatically improved.... I have considered using a PRM intake but with a supercharger I'm afraid it get sucked down the intake pipe or at the least be more restrictive than what I have... The PRM has been said to be the best intake going by some people that are in a situation to have used about every other type and brand... Be careful or you will have a pile of parts you need to sell and still buying more... Trust me about that, I have first hand knowledge, a few piles and more stuff soon to be on the way.... Fit Freak is very much like Vietnam in 1968 when it comes to being a newbie, in fact the word newbie originated there along with the phrase "It don't mean nothing" or "It's no thing"... A number of older guys here were infatuated with the old air cooled VW Beetle in a way similar to what they feel for the Fit... It's a very endearing car and unlike the old beetle it is very low maintenance...

Old 07-30-2012, 09:16 AM
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
Originally Posted by Triskelion
Originally Posted by joey_fits
* ^^^^I did that to see if it would flag your accounts in order to get your attention to this answer*

Ok points taken

Instead of the 205's I had planned I will go with 195's. The hunt is on for a set of 16"rims that are aesthetically pleasing and light. I am assuming that most aftermarket wheels will be lighter than OEM. Nevertheless I will check back with you guys before I purchase the combo.

Swift Mach Springs, Tire Combo, PRM Intake, Progress Sway Bar.

http://www.evasivemotorsports.com/mm...FTSPRING-HONDA

This should do the trick then?

Last edited by Dwalbert320; 07-30-2012 at 09:43 AM.
Old 07-30-2012, 10:21 AM
Car looks good, Dwayne!

Name:  DSCF00132.jpg
Views: 339
Size:  210.2 KB

Think you fluffed that mod list a bit though.

Some Swifts, ETC, Brembos, Hawk pads, a set of summer tires/wheels, good fuel and cold plugs can make for a fun commuter and auto-x car.

FWIW, a good set of 195s will run circles around a mediocre 205. Contact patch is only part of the game.

Make yourself a plastic/phenolic airbox and pull from the cowl area otherwise the PRM is only sucking in hot air.

Last edited by DiamondStarMonsters; 07-30-2012 at 10:25 AM.
Old 07-30-2012, 11:59 AM
Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters
Car looks good, Dwayne!

Think you fluffed that mod list a bit though.

Make yourself a plastic/phenolic airbox and pull from the cowl area otherwise the PRM is only sucking in hot air.
ETC: my first ETC was a bust. It threw a code and sent my Fit in limp mode. Trust issues now with that. My problem.

Cold plugs: That's going to take some research. My immediate questions are is it because of the good gas or is it simply just good mechanics to have them on? I will do my research. Should be a fun DIY project that doesn't cost a lot of money

Brambos: kinda hard getting good info on brakes. Lots of conflicts in the threads. Never the less will do my research and will report back with my choices for approval.

PRM intake: on my 2012 there is a duct that transfers air from the front of the car to the immediate area where the air is sucked in. Do you think something like a housing on a K&N CAI would really make an impact? Building a housing would be the easy part. trying to find a mounting point would be the hard part for me. I will do my research because I am sure it has already been done. I will report back

Quick question: Do I remove the PRM intake and re-install the stock box for servicing at Honda? Warranty issues. Would they flag my car in their computer? (this question is preoccupying my brain bucket. Alot)

PS you are not the first one to say my mod list contains a lot of fluff. It's alright. It's my list. It reminds me of all the work and attention to detail I've put into my Fit. Not really for bragging rights. Around these parts you'd have to come up with something pretty original and that's not in my make-up. I can only gawk at the nice Fits on this site and take the lessons I can and apply to mine.

Thanks for the advice. I really do appreciate the compliment. Cheers.

Last edited by Dwalbert320; 08-08-2012 at 10:06 AM.
Old 07-30-2012, 12:12 PM
Door Visors

My door visors are in. Just got the call. Woop Woop. Spending the afternoon washing waxing and install.

It's my routine. I never install anything on my Fit until it is clean and shinny.

Old 07-30-2012, 01:22 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Dwalbert320
ETC: my first ETC was a bust. It threw a code and sent my Fit in limp mode. Trust issues now with that. My problem.

Cold plugs: That's going to take some research. My immediate questions are is it because of the good gas or is it simply just good mechanics to have them on? I will do my research. Should be a fun DIY project that doesn't cost a lot of money

Brambos: kinda hard getting good info on brakes. Lots of conflicts in the threads. Never the less will do my research and will report back with my choices for approval.

PRM intake: on my 2012 there is a duct that transfers air from the front of the car to the immediate area where the air is sucked in. Do you think something like a housing on a K&N CAI would really make an impact? Building a housing would be the easy part. trying to find a mounting point would be the hard part for me. I will do my research because I am sure it has already been done. I will report back

Quick question: Do I remove the PRM intake and re-install the stock box for servicing at Honda? Warranty issues. Would they flag my car in their computer? (this question is preoccupying my brain bucket. Alot)

PS you are not the first one to say my mod list contains a lot of fluff. It's alright. It's my list. It reminds me of all the work and attention to detail I've put into my Fit. Not really for bragging rights. Around these parts you'd have to come up with something pretty original and that's not in my make-up. I can only gawk at the nice Fits on this site and take the lessons I can and apply to mine.

Thanks for the advice. I really do appreciate the compliment. Cheers.
I don't know what the situation is in Canada, but in the U.S., merely using any after-market part (such as intakes) cannot legally cause a car owner any warranty related problems. Here, we have the Magnuson/Moss Warranty Law. It prohibits car manufacturers and their dealers from denying warranty coverage UNLESS your modification of your car is the actual cause of the operational failure that brings your car to the dealer for repair.

For instance: Your car was made with a defective valve spring and the spring breaks and your engine limps along on three cylinders. You bring it to the dealer for repair. The dealer cannot deny you free repair of the defective part simply because you have any after-market intake system. Conversely, if you have a low-hanging CAI and drive through deep standing water and hydro-lock the engine and try to get warranty repair, the service writer at the dealership will pass out laughing at you.

But, if you install lowering springs on your brand-new car and blow out a strut or shock absorber, the failure of the damper is entirely due to your modification and warranty repair of the blown damper will be denied.

Only if your custom parts, or lack of installing skill cause the damage to your car (and the dealer mechanic can prove that) will warranty coverage of the repair costs be denied.

Old 07-30-2012, 01:38 PM
5 Year Member
Dwayne looks good! I had more input but I accidently read chadts "please ban me" post. Now I'm confused.... what sort of rims are you looking in to?

Old 07-30-2012, 02:06 PM
these are the ones that I really like

not a direct replacement sadly.

these a wicked nice as well and a Canadian company to boot!

Again not a direct replacement.

But you get the idea of the style I like.

Old 07-30-2012, 02:38 PM
5 Year Member
these are the ones that I really like

not a direct replacement sadly.

these a wicked nice as well and a Canadian company to boot!

Again not a direct replacement.

But you get the idea of the style I like.
What do you mean not a direct replacement?

Old 07-30-2012, 05:32 PM
Originally Posted by mike410b
What do you mean not a direct replacement?
The Enkei ones are only available in 18" (from their website anyway)

And the Fast wheels have a 16" with 5 lugs.

Not direct 16x6.5 4x100mm replacements. If I am correct about the 2012 Sport wheels.

Old 07-30-2012, 05:50 PM
Door Visors

came in this afternoon!!!! Woop Woop!

I went with the OEM Honda visors simply because they came with clips. The eBay ones were a bit cheaper but only had the double sided tape.

It took me a lot longer than I thought to install these. About two hours. Learning curve.

If I had to do it again it would prob take me 30 mins max.

I had the YouTube Video and the PDF instructions on my iPad out there with me.

The guy in the Video actually puts the EPT sealer in the wrong place. The actual Honda instruction are much better. Both links below.

I have no idea what this EPT seal does. Some sort of foam insert that goes in the window sill around half way up the rear doors only!

Mystery wrapped up in an enigma! But if I had to venture a guess it's to keep the back windows from vibrating...Wonder if the cheap knock offs come with this stuff. Or heck maybe they are designed better and don't even need them? Who knows...time for supper.

Video:

PDF:

http://www.collegehillshonda.com/ins...doorvisors.pdf

Name:  DSCF0036-2.jpg
Views: 675
Size:  350.7 KB

Name:  DSCF0038-1.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  291.3 KB

Name:  DSCF0033-1.jpg
Views: 330
Size:  156.5 KB

Last edited by Dwalbert320; 08-08-2012 at 11:12 AM.
Old 07-30-2012, 06:47 PM
5 Year Member
The Enkei ones are only available in 18" (from their website anyway)

And the Fast wheels have a 16" with 5 lugs.

Not direct 16x6.5 4x100mm replacements. If I am correct about the 2012 Sport wheels.
Ahh that'll mess it up. These aren't exactly the same, but you should look into Rotiform BLQ, they have similar styling and you can get them in 17" and 4x100.

You don't need to keep OEM diameter/width, a 17x7 would be perfect on a GE.

Old 07-30-2012, 07:55 PM
Banned
Door Visors came in this afternoon!!!! Woop Woop!

I went with the OEM Honda visors simply because they came with clips. The eBay ones were a bit cheaper but only had the double sided tape.

It took me a lot longer than I thought to install these. About two hours. Learning curve.

If I had to do it again it would prob take me 30 mins max.

I had the YouTube Video and the PDF instructions on my iPad out there with me.

The guy in the Video actually puts the EPT sealer in the wrong place. The actual Honda instruction are much better. Both links below.

I have no idea what this EPT seal does. Some sort of foam insert that goes in the window sill around half way up the rear doors only!

Mystery wrapped up in an enigma! But if I had to venture a guess it's to keep the back windows from vibrating...Wonder if the cheap knock offs come with this stuff. Or heck maybe they are designed better and don't even need them? Who knows...time for supper.

Video:

Episode #227 - 2nd Generation Honda Fit Door Visor Installation - YouTube

PDF:

http://www.collegehillshonda.com/ins...doorvisors.pdf

I have installed visors three times, on two Fits. The last time was a replacement of visors that were installed by a body shop after door skin repairs, and they did it wrong- the visors fell off a few months later.

The secret of easy installation is: fasten all clips and pins to the visors before you start the installation. Face the clips away from the window edges, position carefully and attach with the double face tape. Then use needle nose pliers to rotate the clips upward to latch onto the inner edges of the widow frame.

Old 07-30-2012, 08:07 PM
Triskelion (Dave)

This is the absolute last time I install anything without communicating with you first!!!

Old 07-30-2012, 08:31 PM
Banned
Triskelion (Dave)

This is the absolute last time I install anything without communicating with you first!!!
Hah! I have tried to interest other people in this technique, but nobody wanted to learn. Trying to install the pins and clips while the visor is on the window is ridiculous! I am amazed that the factory instructions tell you to do it that way.

Old 07-30-2012, 09:01 PM
5 Year Member
I'll tell you with my 195/55s on the 15" wheels, I easily break traction, whereas with the the 205/50s on either 15 or 16" wheels I do not. I'm not using crap tires in either instance, maybe the Advan AD08s just have more grip than the new Dunlop Direzza ZII (not released outside of Japan yet and maybe just like to scream more than the Advans), but I think it has more to do with the loss of 12mm of contact patch.

Not sure how you drive actually, but just thought I would put that out there since you are considering going with 195s over 205s. My Fit is making a miniscule bit more power than stock so that also plays a part.

Take care of those swirl marks, you have LOTS of them. Black shows them off so easily in the sunlight and just takes away from the vehicle overall.

Old 07-30-2012, 09:43 PM
Originally Posted by 555sexydrive
Take care of those swirl marks, you have LOTS of them. Black shows them off so easily in the sunlight and just takes away from the vehicle overall.
F* me my good man....when I saw the pics I took on the computer I WAS SO EMBARRASSED to put them up...Hugh...swirl marks. OK tomorrow is the day I get rid of them. You must have noticed the heavy Photoshop fixes....So BUSTED!!!

For tires...You see what I really want is a smooth ride and confidence in all kinds of weather. I transport my prized possession in this Fit, my little family.

And you know when I look at my Fit from the rear it looks so pathetic with the 185's....

I like to have a little fun with my Fit too. I am very torn on this issue.

Thanks for taking the time to comment. It is appreciated.

Last edited by Dwalbert320; 08-08-2012 at 10:04 AM.
Old 07-30-2012, 09:56 PM
Originally Posted by mike410b
Ahh that'll mess it up. These aren't exactly the same, but you should look into Rotiform BLQ, they have similar styling and you can get them in 17" and 4x100.

You don't need to keep OEM diameter/width, a 17x7 would be perfect on a GE.
Hey! thanks for taking the time

Last edited by Dwalbert320; 08-08-2012 at 10:04 AM.
Old 07-30-2012, 10:36 PM
Banned
If I had to do it again it would prob take 3 hrs
I survived 3 clicks on a search botton and installed 3 sets of these. 30 min sounds a bit optimistic. I believe it though. You've surprised me already.
Do I smell a wheel thread up in hear??

Quick Reply: My CBP Sport 2012 and mod list w/ Pictures