Fit Photos & Videos Threads for displaying photos and videos of the Honda Fit/Jazz

My '08 Fit mods, thoughts, next steps?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2014, 10:38 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Desmond Lamar MacRae
Nicely done car. remove the "i" from the i-VTEC decal. Your car has VTEC.

Hey Desmond, I'm finally a little less of a poser After a fresh detail this morning, I removed the "i" from the "VTEC" stickers. Honestly, I had no idea about the differences between the two until your post and then I read up on it. I had only gotten the idea earlier this year after seeing a few FitFreak members with the "i-VTEC" stickers. So, thank you very much!! Cheers!

Old 10-03-2014, 03:29 PM
nice! carrr

Old 10-03-2014, 09:19 PM
looks good so far, could use the sport lip kit for sure!

Last edited by SHG_Seamus; 10-03-2014 at 09:22 PM.
Old 10-05-2014, 09:15 PM
5 Year Member
Since you drive a ton i'd get some springs for the better look and some function.

Old 07-30-2020, 08:26 PM
Originally Posted by scottbikesalot
Hi all, let me provide a little background to begin with. I purchased an '08 Fit Base, 5-speed, Milano Red, last November, with 82K miles. The car now has about 95K on it. It was BONE stock when I purchased it. I absolutely LOVE IT. As soon as I bought it, I began looking for inexpensive, fun, DIY mods and I wanted to share my progress, get your thoughts, and see where I should head next. I'm really happy with this car and it's been a work in progress (as the budget has allowed). HUGE THANKS to the FitFreak community...you've been my inspiration. So here goes:

First off, just last week (08/19), I finally put 16x7 wheels with 205-45R16 tires on. Personally, I think they look GREAT. This is fresh after a cleaning/detail.

Rear profile:

Added Clazzio black w/red stitching PVC seat covers (ABSOLUTE favorite mod to date.) Really dresses up the interior of this econo-box. Also, notice the WeatherTech floor mats for the front seats, plus I added the WeatherTech cargo/trunk mat as well. Also, added LED footwell lights that come on when the doors are opened.

(Sort-of) matching leather w/red stitching shift knob

B&I "Blackwood" dash kit. I really enjoy this.

Another shot of the B&I dash kit

Door sill trim

Dash Designs DashTex cover (I live in SC and the heat/sun can wreck a dash)

Wheelskins EuroTone leather steering wheel cover. COMPLETE pain in A** to install, but worth it in the end. I love it!

I added an aftermarket cargo area cover, and then added the "Fit" logo to it. Note the WeatherTech cargo mat as well.

Other mods include the following:
Progress rear sway bar
Rear Monroe air shock upgrade
Class I hitch
Yakima roof rack + Yakima rear bicycle rack
Rear bumper applique
Zeta armrest
AVS window deflectors
AVS hood/bug deflector
18% tint all the way around
After market keyless entry installed
Honda (Element) locking gas cap
i-VTECH SOHC stickers
K&N air filter
LED dome & cargo area lighting
Fit Sport exhaust chrome exhaust tip
removed all three exterior Honda/Fit emblems, flat-black painted, and reinstalled
added the ability to play MP3's
added Bluetooth speaker
ScanGauge E

And that's about it (for now). What do you think? Where should I go next? Again, I want to thank the FitFreak community for soooooooo much inspiration and information.

Hello! Wow great mods. I was just wondering. When it came to the airshocks and rear sway bar did you install them yourself? I’m not that handy but I really want to tow a tear drop with my 2014 Honda Fit. I know this is a rookie question but do the same parts that fit your 08 fit my 14?