Fit Suspension & Brake Modifications Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the Honda Fit

Least agressive drop?

Old 03-05-2007, 07:30 PM
Least agressive drop?

As the title says, I am trying to pick out a spring that is great for aggressive driving yet drops the vehicle the least amount. Please let me know how much the spring of choice lowers the car. Thanks.

Old 03-06-2007, 06:58 AM
X2 on that!

Old 03-06-2007, 07:55 AM
I have been interested in the same thing.
Over the years though I always have been disappointed in the spring only suspension changes.
They have always been a lower drop than advertised and/or way too stiff causing a "bouncy" or "choppy" ride.
I have always been happy when upgrading the stock shocks and keeping the stock springs.
Although you get zero drop, you do get much improved "street" handling.

The only spring and shock combo I have seen for the Fit that would "fit" my bill are the Mugens.
Just recently released for NA cars I believe, very high quality. Complete front struts ready to install and rear shock/spring combo.
They only lower the car 15mm or less and from reviews of other applications give smooth ride and excellent "street" handling improvement.
Only problem...$1050.00!
I think they are worth it and will save for them, making my purchase in a few weeks.

Old 03-06-2007, 08:40 AM
5 Year Member
Swift springs "claims" to lower the car bout an inch, but one member here said that it ended up to be way more than that.

I personally would suggest coils. Megan Coilovers can bring the car to 'near' stock height. Maybe 0.5" drop?

Hope this helps...

Old 03-06-2007, 09:26 AM
hm, I may just have to swollow the price and get the Mugen setup. I wish there was another strut for the car. I do not really want coilovers, I have them on my S2000 and wanted something more like a strut and spring package or just a spring since this car is intended for daily driving.

Old 03-06-2007, 09:38 AM
In my case, coils are way out of chance. I was thinking on Tanabe´s DF210 or Tein´s...

Old 03-06-2007, 10:02 AM
This is what I gathered up.. I TOO am looking for a drop that will retain the factory ride quality. I HATE the SLAMMED bumpy ride.. Been there done that..

Eibach Pro Kit
Tanabe GF210

These are the 2 SPRINGS that I read up on and they give what we are looking for. NOT an aggressive drop. NOT bumpy. normal driving ride quality is good but when u make TURNS or u drive it hard.. it will be good. I believe what we are looking for is a type of springs called Progressive. (not the brand name, the type of springs)

Old 03-06-2007, 09:13 PM
Based on my experience on doing this to a MKII VW Golf.... what you need to do is to get a "higher" spring rate, a "better" strut (mono tube preferred - i.e. Bilstien HD) strut with valving that matches the spring, and a correct free lenght (may have "dead coils") that returns the ride height to close to OEM.

VW's have access to SRS, be only does VW.

Next up are coil overs - that are spec'd the way YOU want them (i.e. you are going to have to do some "work" to figure out what will work).

Given the rear suspension layout in pics that I have seen, the rear is a seperate strut and spring (i.e. coil overs wont work - at least not easily - on the MKII VW Golf the rear has a coil over type suspension from the factory) while the front is McPherson strut.

Spring "ball tops" (I ferget the technical term - its a sliding plate thing that allows the springto stay "straight" as the suspension arm tracs in an arc) might help and allow "coil" type springs to be inserted. These are more likely to be "rated" than some aftermarket springs.

Inthe front Id go full coil over with reservoir shocks and adjustments. The trick is finding the right FREE HEIGHT springs - one may have to fiddle with inserting tender spring stacks...

Its NOT going ot be cheap. It wont handle as well as a "track only car"...but IMHO it WILL beat a track car over real city streets.