Fit Suspension & Brake Modifications Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the Honda Fit

The Honda Jazz / Fit Suspension Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 08:00 PM
D2 anyone? they get low and ride great...

Old 11-02-2009, 08:16 AM
Lek
I think another useful category would be progressive/linear. I personally prefer a linear spring rate, but I'm not sure I saw any for the Fit (Eibach SportLine?). Koni's race series are linear, but not available for this application.
I know many people who lower their cars always ask to see pics of what the car looks like lowered, but ride quality is a more important factor for the daily driver.

In my opinion, I think linear springs are better if you're going to be driving on poor quality roads. They will give a less bouncy ride and less body roll in general. I think many manufacturers use linear springs.

On the other hand, progressive springs are great if the roads are very flat and near perfect. These springs are soft at the top and get harder. Result = bounce bounce then they feel hard = poor ride quality.

The problem is, no one makes linear springs for the Fit GE.

Last edited by Lek; 11-02-2009 at 08:34 AM.
Old 11-12-2009, 08:15 PM
Lek
I just came across this new Bilstein suspension setup for the GE.

http://www.bilsteinthailand.com/Honda_Jazz_B14.html

http://www.bilstein.de/products/spor...b14.html?int=1

Anyone using them?

Last edited by Lek; 11-12-2009 at 08:20 PM.
Old 03-15-2010, 11:53 PM
5 Year Member
I just got word that pic performance is going to release coilovers for the 07-08 honda fit. To my understanding they will release two versions apex and select. Im suppose to be getting my hands on a set in three weeks. I had pic on two of my previous cars, so Im really exited on how these will feel on my 08 fit.

Old 09-29-2011, 12:35 AM
anyone know what coilovers will allow me to go lowlowlow? for my gd?

Old 09-29-2011, 10:13 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by optionalfit
I just got word that pic performance is going to release coilovers for the 07-08 honda fit. To my understanding they will release two versions apex and select. Im suppose to be getting my hands on a set in three weeks. I had pic on two of my previous cars, so Im really exited on how these will feel on my 08 fit.
hell yeah! pic is nice! well, better than skunk2 haha

I wish crux would ease up on the price

Old 10-01-2011, 04:21 AM
guys, i wanna go low! i mean like low. like 2" plus. tell me what coilovers i should use.

Old 12-25-2011, 03:31 AM
5 Year Member

I'm on skunk2. It goes pretty low.

Old 12-29-2011, 08:04 PM
5 Year Member
I heard the skunk2 are no longer available (JDM Chris was telling me). I see they're selling them on ebay still. I've had Ksport's in the past on my civic & they were good. They are a bunch of companies out there, but quality is def. important to me.

The only bad thing i've experienced w/ coil overs is the sacrifice you make on ride quality from stock or springs. Its the price you pay for the performance. I've rode on coilovers for 5 years & its a nice a smooth ride for once.

Old 04-07-2012, 02:02 PM
Function and Form type 2's vs Megan street series coilovers.

Both similarly priced. Apparently the F2's come with camber plate?

Doesn't the Megans come with them aswell?

Ive owned F2 type 1s on my civic thought they were great and 2 of my close friends have megans both great just can't choose between the two.

Old 04-07-2012, 02:30 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by d00mbrah
Function and Form type 2's vs Megan street series coilovers.

Both similarly priced. Apparently the F2's come with camber plate?

Doesn't the Megans come with them aswell?
Megan coilovers, for the '07 GD3s do not ship with pillow top mounts, so camber is not adjustable in that manner.

Old 05-15-2012, 12:12 AM
Question

Hi all!

New 2012 Fit sport owner. I live in Montreal and the roads are very bad. Therefore lowering my Fit isn't pratical at all. I`ve seen this question a few times but haven't found an answer.

I want to replace my OEM suspension parts to minimize vibration, give it a bit more cornering, and survive the pothole war.

What brand and price range should I be looking at?

Do Honda dealers offer good aftermarket suspension parts?

I'm positive this answer will help countless Fit owners.

Old 06-19-2012, 09:03 PM
5 Year Member
Name:  Eibachinstalled2.jpg
Views: 1870
Size:  106.5 KB

Had Eibach Pro-Kit installed this morning by Chris at Redshift going back in October for rear shocks. Picture not the greatest, lower then I thought but was very happy with the results.

Old 06-20-2012, 09:59 AM
5 Year Member
Better side picture.Name:  secondoffice2.jpg
Views: 2024
Size:  120.7 KB

Old 06-20-2012, 10:07 AM
Lek
Looks good. What finger gap do you have R/R? Do they feel hard or just firm?

Old 06-20-2012, 10:29 AM
5 Year Member
Have not measure the gap. (Will later today.) Rides similar to OEM just feels a litle more planted, which was my goal with the springs. Handling should be the same as OEM. Before the car seem to bounce around at high speeds or windy days.

I was surprise at the drop I was not anticipating this much but was very happy.

Old 08-20-2012, 12:00 AM
Strepto, excellent insight. I'm new to this, I am left with a ? You mention normal lowering springs, and progressive springs. I want the lower look only. Keeping the car as cushioned as possible. If so what brand would you recommend for normal lowering springs?
Would like to avoid harsher progressive feel. I am going for a clean aggressive look only. Keeping 16teens yet changing out the OEM’S. Please Strepto, if you can clear this area of interest for me. Truly appreciate your article.

Best Regards

Jesse
Miamijazz.

Old 08-20-2012, 12:17 AM
cjecpa, please if you could give me some feedback. Your Fit in the profile view. Is the rear lowered? Cjecpa, you did this soly by changing the springs? I'm looking for a lowered look. Yet keeping the ride as close to OEM as possible. It's shame many states don't allow tints. First thing I did was get tints and OEM window visors. I p/u visors through EBAY.

Peace
MiamiJazz

Old 08-20-2012, 10:01 AM
5 Year Member
I used Eibach springs lowers the rear by 1.4" and front 1.2". When we took it off the jack stands I did not expect this amount of drop but I was very happy to reduce the wheel gap. The ride to me seems the same as OEM. I read on the Sport in reviews the ride was more stiff. My next mod will be a progress rear sway bar I am trying to keep improving the handling.

The Eibach springs always seem to get great reviews except on Miata's where they complain about sagging but I had these springs on my Corolla for 80k with no problems and OEM shocks.

I am tempted to get the rear side windows, hatch, small front windows and a 6 inch strip on the wind shield tinted and take my chances. Since some hatchbacks are classified as not a sedan like the KIA Rondo and can get tinted rear windows maybe no one will notice my Fit.

Old 08-23-2012, 11:12 PM
Cjecpa, truly appreciate the advise on the springs. I will go with Eibach's. I had read a few reviews on Eibach springs. They even have, on-line infomercia. Yet still wasn't sure with so much info out there on other makes. Listen, in reference to tints. Go light, we call that here legal tint. Just a slight shade down from those clear windows. would make all the difference. Perhaps just go legal on rear windows, and on front end corner windows and leave your driver/passenger side as they are. Don't use the
anything on the front window to draw attention. The less you draw attenion the better.

Quick Reply: The Honda Jazz / Fit Suspension Thread