Fit Suspension & Brake Modifications Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the Honda Fit

so i've gone too low....

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 02:12 AM
5 Year Member
so i've gone too low....

for my tastes, anyway. i went with the skunk2 springs over the weekend (thanks again, kodo) but they're too low for me at present. while they do offer a BEA-UTIFUL drop, I can't really stand having the slow to a crawl for dips and such. The ride is okay, but still wayy too stiff you my daily driver. One thing I will say, though....i've gotten a ton of looks from other drivers. they make the car look good!

now, with that being said, has anyone experienced a drop on both SKUNK2 and SWIFT(new vers)? swift is my only other choice at this point. not only from a financial standpoint, but from research i've been doing for a while. here's my question, would going the Swift route make a big difference? i know the drop is much more conservative, but i'm mostly concerned about the ride quality. what's the ride like compared to the skunk2's? i'd like to have a more aggressive look, more like it was tuned from the factory, you know? like the last civic SI. it looks great in stock form.

so whould i go for it? if not, i'm going back to stock. i'm mainly looking for respones from anyone that has had direct experience with either of these setups.

any help is greatly appreciated, as i'm hoping to tackle the suspension again this coming weekend. thanks again fitfreakers!

-e

Old 06-19-2008, 03:11 AM
5 Year Member
i don't know about swift but i heard Tanabe Springs - GF210 has a better ride
and the drop is not too low front 1.5 and rear .9.
yea when i had my coilover install i wanted the same drop as skunks they where to low and i rub on big dips, i had to raise it back up by .5, even with new tires i still rub.

Old 06-19-2008, 02:40 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kodo
i had to raise it back up by .5, even with new tires i still rub.
wat's your wheel offset, width? you got s-drives in 195/50/15's

im running 15x7 +40mm 195/50/15 Ziex912's and they dont rub.
i can full bump it and still doesn't rub.

Old 06-19-2008, 02:42 PM
5 Year Member
bacalia- yah, i would also try the GF210's unless you want to go full coilovers.
the swift springs are too subtle imho for a "drop."

Old 06-19-2008, 04:57 PM
5 Year Member
The GF210's drop is almost I dentical to the skunk2's and I'm pretty sure the spring rates are fairly close as well.

As to the original question, my only advice is search for a thread about the swift springs and pm someone that has them.

Old 06-19-2008, 07:29 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kifu
The GF210's drop is almost I dentical to the skunk2's and I'm pretty sure the spring rates are fairly close as well.

As to the original question, my only advice is search for a thread about the swift springs and pm someone that has them.
thanks for the replies, guys. yeah, i know the swift's are pretty conservative, but i think that's what i need at the moment. i don't mind the stock height that much, but the body roll was killing me! that's why i jumped on the opportunity with the skunk2's. now i'm just looking for anyone who has had any experience w/ both setups. if it's not worth the trouble to go w/ the swift's (like, if the ride isn't much of an improvement over the skunk2's), i may go back to stock and stay that way. hey, lowered or not, it's still a Honda Fit.

Old 06-19-2008, 07:37 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Some GF210 owners hate their stance. The rear is tucked while the front looks stock.
Id suggest springs other than the GF210's

And because your car is lower doesnt mean you need to slow for every dip.
I drive my car like a normal person and my car is pretty low. The only real thing I avoid is potholes.

Old 06-19-2008, 07:56 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by bacalia
thanks for the replies, guys. yeah, i know the swift's are pretty conservative, but i think that's what i need at the moment. i don't mind the stock height that much, but the body roll was killing me! that's why i jumped on the opportunity with the skunk2's. now i'm just looking for anyone who has had any experience w/ both setups. if it's not worth the trouble to go w/ the swift's (like, if the ride isn't much of an improvement over the skunk2's), i may go back to stock and stay that way. hey, lowered or not, it's still a Honda Fit.
hey, if you dont like bodyroll and dont mind the stock stance i
suggest you try the Progress rear swaybar on stock springs. if
you're running stock wheels/tire even better!!

Old 06-19-2008, 08:03 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
hey, if you dont like bodyroll and dont mind the stock stance i
suggest you try the Progress rear swaybar on stock springs. if
you're running stock wheels/tire even better!!
ah, yes! and the bar isn't very expensive, either. do i need aftermarket bolts? i heard that if you're not using progress springs, it'll make some noise back there.

Old 06-19-2008, 10:00 PM
5 Year Member
ah, yes! and the bar isn't very expensive, either. do i need aftermarket bolts? i heard that if you're not using progress springs, it'll make some noise back there.
i believe they work without needing aftermarket hardware if you're
on stock/Progress lowering springs.

might want to double check with your vendor of choice.

Old 06-19-2008, 10:46 PM
5 Year Member
S2's too low!?!?!? wow if you think thats low then go back to stock, its not low enough.

Old 06-19-2008, 10:56 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by George02
S2's too low!?!?!? wow if you think thats low then go back to stock, its not low enough.
yeah, you're right. skunk2's not being low enough, though.....that's definately an opinion. i looked the the rear coils and they're just sitting on each other. you must have been slammed all your life!

i lowered my first car (94 nissan altima) and it was a pretty sihtty experience. i think those sprint springs i put on it were pretty stiff too, though.

Last edited by blackdot_fit; 06-19-2008 at 11:24 PM.
Old 06-19-2008, 11:31 PM
5 Year Member
yeah, you're right. skunk2's not being low enough, though.....that's definately an opinion. i looked the the rear coils and they're just sitting on each other. you must have been slammed all your life!

i lowered my first car (94 nissan altima) and it was a pretty sihtty experience. i think those sprint springs i put on it were pretty stiff too, though.
now I can agree with the shitty ride, but still too high. I haven't had a slammed car but I will soon, and I will enjoy it

Old 06-20-2008, 12:51 AM
First off theres no such thing as being to low, unless you are goign to performance, do you have any pics to post up.

Old 06-20-2008, 12:55 AM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
The Skunk 2 springs are a 1" and 1.5" drop, the GF210's are 0.9" and 1.5" respectively.

As far as I know the GF210's have the least amount of drop of any spring on available for the Fit. I also think the GF210's are a progressive spring while the skunk2's are not. I run them personally, I find the ride to be a bit bumpy on rough surfaces but not too bad. Once you hit the real corners they are a gem IMO.

There is not really another spring option if you want less drop.

Old 06-20-2008, 02:33 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by George02
now I can agree with the shitty ride, but still too high. I haven't had a slammed car but I will soon, and I will enjoy it
i will say that it rides MUCH better with people in the car.

if i had money for some nice 16's or 17's, though...it'd be a different story. I guess it's a "go big or go home" kinda situation.

if swift's weren't so much more expensive (for springs), i'd have them and this post wouldn't exist. but hey, i'm a cheap ass, and i need opinions from complete strangers to help me decide. i'm typical, that's for sure.

i'll have some pics up by the weekend.

-e

Old 06-20-2008, 02:43 AM
5 Year Member
i think my drop was around 2" so i raise it by .5 i think i can lower it back down a bit more and it won't rub but too lazy to do it lol.
15" x 6.5" 40 with 195/50/15 s-drives
went with s-drives because tire rack had em for 68 bucks and shipping was 30bucks found Ziex912's for 55 each but shipping was 90bucks so went with s-drives.
Originally Posted by kenchan
wat's your wheel offset, width? you got s-drives in 195/50/15's

im running 15x7 +40mm 195/50/15 Ziex912's and they dont rub.
i can full bump it and still doesn't rub.

Old 06-20-2008, 09:12 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kodo
i think my drop was around 2" so i raise it by .5 i think i can lower it back down a bit more and it won't rub but too lazy to do it lol.
15" x 6.5" 40 with 195/50/15 s-drives
went with s-drives because tire rack had em for 68 bucks and shipping was 30bucks found Ziex912's for 55 each but shipping was 90bucks so went with s-drives.
yah, with 6.5" and s-drives it's probably very close to my width of 7"
wheel with the 912's. shouldn't rub.

i haven't tried s-drives yet personally, but i bet they grip hells better
than my 912's.

Old 06-20-2008, 03:15 PM
5 Year Member
eh, i'm staying lowered until i can afford the swifts. the car just looks too damn good to go back to stock! thanks again for everyone's insight....see you guys later!

in the meantime, i took some pics!

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...tml#post344168

Old 06-20-2008, 05:22 PM
5 Year Member
yes, most definitely lookin good.