Fit Suspension & Brake Modifications Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the Honda Fit

T1R S-Spec Damper Kit - Honda Fit/Jazz 06-08 (GD3/GD4)

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 04:05 AM
5 Year Member
yeah i kinda wish it did... but i dont mind.

Old 01-13-2009, 05:28 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kingsize
here's a pic... (FINALLY!)

installation wasnt that hard. spring compressor made the job easier and safer. also, becareful when removing the stock struts because the axle might pop out. if it does, then it makes it even harder.

im happy with the results!

f***kin sexy. i think i just (ooopps) i just did.

Old 01-13-2009, 12:48 PM
Bap
5 Year Member
I am still very happy with mine I am running the on a 2 setting for very soft which is really just about stock but much smother I am very pleased.

Old 01-19-2009, 10:01 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Bap
I am still very happy with mine I am running the on a 2 setting for very soft which is really just about stock but much smother I am very pleased.

sweet! i was looking for a kit that would not be so harsh, but still improve handling and looks. ben claimed on the lower settings,this kit would be comfy, and i'm glad to hear it is.

Old 02-06-2009, 06:34 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Bap
Can you take a picture of the stance? Thanks in advance!!!

Old 04-06-2009, 06:50 PM
So I Just received my T1R dampers and springs. I'm fairly new to working on cars, but I am very mechanically inclined. I've been building mountain bikes for years. I'm not a total beginner when it comes to cars, I am capable of general maintenance (Oil changes, pads, rotors, etc...) How long do you think it would take me to get them installed with propper tools with the exception of a spring compressor? Do you think I could knock em out in an afternoon?

Old 04-06-2009, 07:06 PM
5 Year Member
2-3.5hrs. or less with spring compressor ^^^

Old 04-06-2009, 07:35 PM
5 Year Member
Yea the rears are super easy... but the fronts can be a pain... I would set-up a full day.. for just in case sistuations that ALWAYS happens when you are working on cars.

But you should be able to do it in half a day.

Old 04-06-2009, 07:40 PM
cool, I have a spare car I can drive if I do get stuck as well. I may give it a go tomorrow afternoon if weather cooperates. I can alot a good 6-7 hrs to work on it after work tomorrow. Also without using a camber kit, how is the tire wear? Does it stay relatively even or is it noticeably uneven?

Old 04-07-2009, 12:05 AM
5 Year Member
Put a Support under the rotor to hold it up so the arm doesn't pop out after you take the old suspension out....

Old 04-07-2009, 05:13 AM
Yeah Ive heard the axle horror stories, I've got a spare jack stand for the sole purpose of holding the hub assembly up when the struts are disconnected.

Old 04-07-2009, 07:34 PM
Front struts and springs are on, rear springs are on and I would just like some clarification before I try to install the rear struts. It seems that the nylock bolt that came with the rear struts doesnt allow you to tighten the top of the strut down to the point where I would like it to be. Can anyone post up a picture of their rear struts from both top (Inside the rear hatch) and underneath? Or if you can think of what I am blatently missing let me know.

Old 04-18-2009, 12:00 PM
how is the ride on the stiffest setting? im looking to get these within the next month or so

Old 04-26-2009, 09:26 PM
yea my axle popped out and i was trying to put it back in for 2 hours wat drama.lol u should do whatever you can to prevent it coming out.

Old 05-18-2009, 09:35 PM
wdb
5 Year Member
Skierdood, have you finished your install? What is your opinion of the dampers? What springs are you running?

Give me a few minutes, I'll think of more questions.

Old 05-19-2009, 05:31 AM
Hmm I could have sworn I replied to this thread already, unless it was the thread in the AJ-Racing forum I dunno. Anyways yeah everything is in, and I am running them with the T1R springs as I bought them as a set (Dampers and springs). On the firmest setting they are indeed pretty firm, for example you will def feel a harsh jolt if you you arent paying attention and catch even smaller potholes/manhole covers. But the suspension is pretty damp and smooths out the vibrations pretty quickly and there is no excess bouncing or jarring you around basically its harsh bump then smooth sailing. On the lower/softer settings (I actually havent ran it on the softest setting yet the lowest Ive tried is around 3-4 clicks from the softest) it is definitely smoother and bumps the normally harsh feeling bumps on the stiffer settings are pretty much non existent. The car feels alot much more "cushiony" but it retains improved handling over stock and definitely has a more "Quality feeling" suspension over stock.

For daily driving I generally drive with the fronts on 7-8 clicks and the rears on 8-9 clicks and I have found this is a good compromise of a highly tolerable ride (yes I still avoid hitting larger bumps in the road but I did that even on the stock setting to help lengthen the life of the tires/wheels/alignment) that still handles much more superior over stock.

Overall I am incredibly impressed with this kit and am now EXTREMELY glad I didnt just lower it on springs. As I stated before I had a some problems with the rear strut installation (Just wasnt sure how to do something and didnt wanna break anything before I knew how to do it right. So I drove for 3-4 days with just the stock rear struts on the springs alone and the difference in ride quality between just changing out the stock rear struts for the T1R's was night and day. Like I said earlier they offer a nice damp ride that smooths out road vibrations caused by bumps rather quickly even if the initial bump may be a bit jarring on the stiffer damper settings. Sorry for such a long post but I hope that answers some questions.

Old 05-19-2009, 10:48 AM
wdb
5 Year Member
Thanks Ski! I found your other reply in the AJ thread as well. Thanks for sharing.

These dampers really are not that expensive even when compared to OE replacements. And it sounds like they work a whole lot better than OE, so it seems like a no-brainer.

Old 05-19-2009, 04:54 PM
Yeah the peace of mind of knowing they were designed to be used with lowering springs is nice as well.