Fit Suspension & Brake Modifications Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the Honda Fit

Nagisa Fender Braces

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 07:28 PM
Nagisa Fender Braces

I guess this would go in suspension?

Anyway, friend bought these Nagisa Auto Fender Braces for his car and is looking for advice on how to install them. There were no real instructions, and this is going to be a weekend project me and him will do (along with the help of some beer and pizza). Said they are supposed to help with handling.

Any writeups exist of this?

For the lazy ones: Nagisa Auto Gacchiri Support (Fender Brace) GD1 GD3 Honda Fit Jazz

Old 05-15-2009, 07:45 PM
5 Year Member
remove fenders everything should line up. iirc you gotta remove the door bolts, but idk about removing the doors

Old 05-15-2009, 08:11 PM
5 Year Member
you might not have too remove the door but i did because it makes it easier. if you bolt in the top bolts/nagisa bracket the bottom bracket of the nagisa brace will be in the way of the bottom bolts and its a pain in the ass to remove the top bolts again

you have to take off the front bumper and headlights

there is a bolt under the plastic at the bottom of the windshield( plastic pops off if you pull on it)

there is a bolt under the side skirt, along the fender liner, inside the engine bay and under the headlamp.

once you take off the fender there is a plastic box underneath. its held on by a bolt inside the fender well, remove the bolt. after that take off the plastic thats right infront of your door because both the box and plastic are in the way for the brace.

before you remove the door use a marker to go around the door brackets that hold on the door because those will be your markers to where you need to realign the door if it gets out of alignment.

i never finished mine but here is what i have done . hope that helps
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...e-install.html

Last edited by redrumm; 05-15-2009 at 08:17 PM.
Old 04-10-2013, 02:43 PM
5 Year Member
Bumping an OLD thread here.

Got a set of the EXACT same braces above.

I have read all the other DIY's, but they are for the Ultra Racing Braces, and they have given me a relatively solid heads up already of what to expect..

BUT before I waste a weekend ripping my car apart, can anyone confirm fitment of these Nagisa braces on the USDM GD?

If I have to be a real mechanic and find solutions as I go (see BFH, Judicious Application of Fire and Drill/Tap All the THINGS) I will do so.

Just want to know what I am getting into a head of time and if anyone else has been there before me...

Old 04-10-2013, 08:54 PM
5 Year Member
Interestingly, I have never heard of such a product ... interested to hear if it makes a difference that is perceptible.

Old 04-10-2013, 09:29 PM
5 Year Member
This is the link to one of the DIY's for the Ultra Racing version: https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...e-install.html and thisis a gallery of the same UR ones installed:Unofficial Honda FIT Forums - Jodele's Album: Ultra Racing Fender Bars

It could just be typical "butt dyno" syndrome, but all of the reviews have been positive.

I will figure out how they go on one way or another and report back I guess...

Old 08-08-2013, 05:12 PM
I wonder what the final results look like. Has anyone seen photos? Would these fender braces serve an purpose for those who don't hit the track?

Old 08-08-2013, 06:09 PM
^well that depends on how hard you drive on the streets?

Old 08-04-2014, 03:05 PM
5 Year Member
sorry for bringing up an old thread but to anyone that installed these, did you feel a difference?

Old 08-08-2014, 01:47 PM
5 Year Member
The install was not easy but relatively straightforward IMO. I most certainly noticed a difference, but that was in a HARD racing/driving application. Similar effects to an Engine Torque Damper as far as cutting back some wheel hop as well. Again.... my application is highly modified already before these and I would not prioritize these over other suspension mods or better yet a FlashPro!!!

Old 08-16-2014, 12:24 PM
5 Year Member
This seems like a bigger pain in the ass then it worth to me. Haha maybe it's just me being really lazy.