Fit Suspension & Brake Modifications Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the Honda Fit

centric rotors

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 06:52 PM
centric rotors

well, i was washed out on the speaker install till i could get some spacers for the 61/2 speakers i ordered. sooo, now i got some drilled and slotted rotors from centric. good price and easy to install. my OEM failed as of late with heavy pulsing and vibration stemming from the highway driving everyday to work. i am always cruising around 75-80 and warping is an issue. anybody else notice this. my brother who rocks out with TRD in his truck, swears by them. (the mechanic...no really!!) I got some pics and will try to upload either tonight or tomorrow. anybody else using drilled and slotted and like them>?

Old 02-14-2010, 12:59 PM
Highway driving shouldn't have anything to do with brake vibration.

If you want to avoid "warped" rotors (aka cementite buildup), different rotors aren't going to do anything. Slotted, drilled, brand name . . . it doesn't matter. You'd be better served by examining/changing your braking habits, making sure new pads are bedded properly after install, or perhaps trying a different pad compound.

Last edited by Daemione; 02-14-2010 at 05:41 PM.
Old 02-14-2010, 05:18 PM
i guess i didnt explain myself very well. not the highway driving but the high speed with constant braking increasing heat in the rotor here in arizona. when metal heats it expands and contorts (warping) this is felt when brake pressure is applied and even if your pads are bedded right, they still "hop" over the rotor. kinda like a bent record. So, unless I drive 30mph to work (64 miles ) or we get rid of border patrol check points and construction, i really cant change braking habits other than not using them.lol. but your example of cementite build up intrigues me. can you elaborate? i will try to google and see that. never heard of that. And, finally, the rotors were cheaper than honda oe. just wanted to see if anyone uses stop tech or brembo or whatever.....

Old 02-14-2010, 05:41 PM
Rotors never actually warp . . .

StopTech : Balanced Brake Upgrades

Most people I know who take their cars on the track (WAY more heat build-up than you'll ever see on the street) swear by the cheap rotors you find at Autozone. Bed your pads correctly, and you shouldn't ever have to worry about vibration. Just try to avoid leaving your foot on the brakes after a long stop where the rotors have gotten all toasty.

Another argument against automatic trannies . . .