Fit Suspension & Brake Modifications Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the Honda Fit

springs compatable with stock shocks and even drop

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 12:27 AM
gee
springs compatable with stock shocks and even drop

Hi, I should be trading in my car for a fit today. The car sits too high though.
What spring is compatible with the stock shocks and has front and rear even drop. It seems like most springs are dropping the front more.
Thanks.

Old 06-19-2010, 12:39 AM
5 Year Member
Check out Swift Sport Mach Springs. They lower 1.2 in front and 1.0 in back... They look and ride great with stock shots. I have them...you can check my thread by searching Adele. Most recent pics are with her lowered.

Old 06-19-2010, 01:07 AM
gee
Thanks. The drop looks nice. I'll look into swift. Are the gen1 and gen2 fit springs interchangable?

Old 06-19-2010, 04:48 AM
5 Year Member
Some interchange but he spring rates are higher in gd. But if you're spending the money might as well get the ones for the ge.

Old 06-19-2010, 05:06 AM
5 Year Member
The GD drops low in the front on Shift Machs but the handling and ride is great.

Old 06-25-2010, 03:37 PM
5 Year Member
I can vouch now for the Swift Sport Machs. The ride is a bit siffer than stock in a good way. Ride is smooth and I was very worried that even though it lowered only slightly that it would rub because in person it looks pretty low. Kinda like what the Eibach pro kit on a civic would look like. But after hitting bumps and dips no rubbing at all. The car feels pretty close to my brothers civic that has eibach prokit w/ koni yellows. It seems the springs are a great combo with stock shocks.

Old 06-26-2010, 06:02 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Btrthnezr3
Check out Swift Sport Mach Springs. They lower 1.2 in front and 1.0 in back... They look and ride great with stock shots. I have them...you can check my thread by searching Adele. Most recent pics are with her lowered.

I took her advice and just had my Swifts installed a couple days ago. Looks great and I do not see any change in the ride.

Old 06-26-2010, 01:03 PM
5 Year Member
Smile

Originally Posted by Black3sr
I took her advice and just had my Swifts installed a couple days ago. Looks great and I do not see any change in the ride.
Partner, push it around some curves that you have felt comfortable to take on at speed and you will find that you can push it harder..... What I like is that on bumpy turns that would cause the tires to skitter to the outside of it with the stock springs, with the Swift Machs the tires stay planted on the road.... Another thing I have noticed is that I am able to use higher air pressure in my tires and feel an improvement in tire adhesion and control, yet the ride is still very comfortable.

Old 06-26-2010, 02:04 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
Partner, push it around some curves that you have felt comfortable to take on at speed and you will find that you can push it harder..... What I like is that on bumpy turns that would cause the tires to skitter to the outside of it with the stock springs, with the Swift Machs the tires stay planted on the road.... Another thing I have noticed is that I am able to use higher air pressure in my tires and feel an improvement in tire adhesion and control, yet the ride is still very comfortable.
Well yes the bit I have pushed in a turn feels better. Must push harder. Oh wait that is what she said. This getting advanced confuses me.

Old 06-26-2010, 03:44 PM
5 Year Member
Well yes the bit I have pushed in a turn feels better. Must push harder. Oh wait that is what she said. This getting advanced confuses me.
You would be a real hoot to sit down for a few drinks with.

Old 06-26-2010, 07:21 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
You would be a real hoot to sit down for a few drinks with.
I could likely still Hoot but it would have to be on Sarsaparilla. I gave up the likker almost 8 years ago so am a non-practicing alcoholic. Also gave up cigarettes just over 4 years ago. Heck I walk a couple of miles every morning now.

Anyhow not many vices left - chasing women that I can't catch and would not know what to do should I catch one and pissing away a lot of money on the Fit. The latter I am doing rather well at.

Old 06-26-2010, 07:39 PM
5 Year Member
I could likely still Hoot but it would have to be on Sarsaparilla. I gave up the likker almost 8 years ago so am a non-practicing alcoholic. Also gave up cigarettes just over 4 years ago. Heck I walk a couple of miles every morning now.

Anyhow not many vices left - chasing women that I can't catch and would not know what to do should I catch one and pissing away a lot of money on the Fit. The latter I am doing rather well at.
I started rolling my own cigarettes 15 years ago and spend less than $2.00 a day on that and $10.00 or $15.00 a month on imported beer at the most.... I figured out late in life that it was easier to let the women chase me until I could catch one I wanted.... Cars and motorcycles are two things that I can't control my passion for but I still spend more at the health food store than I do on all of my vices except the ones with wheels.... I never spend money I don't have.