Fit Suspension & Brake Modifications Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the Honda Fit

C/O Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2010, 04:52 PM
5 Year Member
C/O Replacement

I am in need of new coil-overs, I live in New Hampshire and the winter is going to be apon us before we know it. I am running blown out D2's from last winter and its time to change them up. I was going to throw my stock suspension back on but they must of gotten thrown away.

So now im in the market for some suspension. Ive been reading up alot on the forums and have come to the conclusion of doing this: T1R S-Spec Damper Kit with some sorte of spring of course. I am just looking to do a DD but still be pretty low. If i go with the Damper would it just be smart to stick with the T1R spring or should i mix them up with another type?

Also is there any way to protect the suspension from the winter conditions such as salt/sand?

Thanks for the input.

Daniel

Old 10-23-2010, 12:56 PM
5 Year Member
Any help? I need to figure out which spring would go best with the T1R damper. Have to get this ordered ASAP!

Help Please.

Daniel

Old 10-23-2010, 03:05 PM
5 Year Member
as far as i know, there werent many dampers on for the US market. Spring wise, havent seen any try the ground control sleeves yet but from previous applications GC usually go pretty low and ride pretty comfortably.

Old 10-27-2010, 04:44 PM
5 Year Member
I ordered myself some T1R S-Spec Damper Kit along with a lower arm bar. The guys over at T1R were alot of help, as well as the one response i got on the forums. Hopefully all works out. Will go back to T1R as much as possible in the future.

Had one more curious question that i thought maybe someone on here could help me with. I cant for the life of me remember what the rubber part on the suspension is called. I remember when putting my D2's in the were a little worn now they must be beat. Does anyone know where i could order a set to replace my ones now?

Thanks again!

Old 10-29-2010, 01:37 AM
5 Year Member
Old 10-29-2010, 02:53 AM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
was it the top hat (is that what it's called)? or sway bar endlinks(or those rubber things on the endlinks? bushings?). or the rubber spring perch in the rear? i'm carpet-bombing

Old 10-29-2010, 02:00 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks for the responses. I'm almost positive that the front rubber pieces on the top hat will be fine to put the new kit in with.

But what i ordered from majestic honda (thanks special for the link) was the RUBBER, RR. SPRING MOUNTING (UPPER) The rubber piece that the spring sits in. Or rubber spring perch... thanks doctor doom!

Thanks for all your help, ill let ya'll know how the install goes and get some pictures up asap!

Daniel