Fit Suspension & Brake Modifications Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the Honda Fit

GD3 Function & Form Type II Review

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2015, 05:23 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GinoLicious
Does anyone have a coil bind issue on the rear springs? Going over speed bumps or into parking lots on an angle hearing your spring bind? I didn't put my top bushing on but I doubt that is the reason for the coil bind.
Can you describe the sound? I still have a sound from the rear passenger side I can't explain. It's not too little spring preload is it? That sounds like a metallic twang. I thought mine was too much preload but that wasn't it either.

Old 04-27-2015, 10:56 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by devmail
Can you describe the sound? I still have a sound from the rear passenger side I can't explain. It's not too little spring preload is it? That sounds like a metallic twang. I thought mine was too much preload but that wasn't it either.
The noise is the spring binding and then hitting itself at slow speeds only when I go up on an angle to get into parking lots. It makes a poing/bing noise.

I'm thinking I need to put the height adjustment at the bottom of the spring and not the top. Use the OEM rubber bushing for the top of the spring.

Super street shows the height adjustment on the top of the spring. After googling I see a lot of people using it on the bottom. That may be the solution.

Can anyone confirm? If the height adjustment is suppose to be on the top or bottom of the spring?

Some guy on on the board did BuddyClub and has his adjustment on the bottom. No bushing on the bottom just the top.

Old 04-27-2015, 11:55 AM
5 Year Member
My mechanic had the springs with the collars on bottom and I changed it to the top as per the super street article. It is easier to adjust the spring this way BUT it looked to me like it fit better with the adjustment collars on the bottom. You'll see what I mean if you change yours around.

Mine is just the one corner and it doesn't happen on every bump but it can be small or large bumps that cause it.

I will try switching it around tonight and see if that is the case. Thanks for the suggestion!

Old 03-26-2016, 08:21 PM
5 Year Member
Update almost a year later, I switched the rear spring around...so the adjustment is on the bottom, and yes this seems to have fixed the sound I was having.

Old 04-23-2016, 12:04 PM
5 Year Member
I apologize for bringing this thread back to life. For anyone that has this set-up, have you guys noticed the rear suspension being uneven even when you have both sides measured? Reason I ask is because no matter how even and precise I set the shocks/spring perches on the rear, the driver side always seem to sit lower. Doesn't really bother me, but it just weirds me out.

Old 04-23-2016, 12:22 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jmsplitfyre
I apologize for bringing this thread back to life. For anyone that has this set-up, have you guys noticed the rear suspension being uneven even when you have both sides measured? Reason I ask is because no matter how even and precise I set the shocks/spring perches on the rear, the driver side always seem to sit lower. Doesn't really bother me, but it just weirds me out.
Yes I do! I had to raise the driver side back spring by about 2.5 cm to get it level with the other side. Took forever to get all sides even. I wonder if all coilovers have this issue, if it's a weight distribution thing with this car?

Old 04-23-2016, 12:56 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by devmail
Yes I do! I had to raise the driver side back spring by about 2.5 cm to get it level with the other side. Took forever to get all sides even. I wonder if all coilovers have this issue, if it's a weight distribution thing with this car?
Ahh thanks for the reply, devmail! Idk what it is with the rear suspension. I know the gas tank is located in the middle of the vehicle, but is it leaning more towards the driver side? Or is the torsion bar always favoring the driver side?

I was actually thinking of raising the driver side more, but my ocd won't let me do it since it will bug me about the uneven measurements.

Old 04-23-2016, 01:00 PM
5 Year Member
Ahh thanks for the reply, devmail! Idk what it is with the rear suspension. I know the gas tank is located in the middle of the vehicle, but is it leaning more towards the driver side? Or is the torsion bar always favoring the driver side?

I was actually thinking of raising the driver side more, but my ocd won't let me do it since it will bug me about the uneven measurements.
Well for me I was OCD about the uneven ride height and painstakingly made minor adjustments, checked, made more adjustments, checked til it was even. I don't know why it's so off, I thought it was the exhaust but that is on the other side. I wonder if it might be an issue with torsion beam suspension, I don't know.

Old 04-23-2016, 02:34 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah, I guess it will be a question left unanswered. Maybe when I see a stock GD somewhere I will check if it has uneven height even with the oem suspension.

Old 10-20-2018, 01:50 PM
Are these still available for sale?

Old 10-10-2019, 05:06 PM
Yeah, I guess it will be a question left unanswered. Maybe when I see a stock GD somewhere I will check if it has uneven height even with the oem suspension.
I have all oem suspension and my rear drivers side is 1ish finger lower than the passenger side. No signs of blown shocks or anything.