Fit Wheels & Tires Discuss Wheels & Tires for the Fit and Jazz

15x7 Buddyclub P1 / 45p .. doesn't clear front?!

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2013, 09:59 PM
15x7 Buddyclub P1 / 45p .. doesn't clear front?!

hey guys,

just purchased some 15x7 Buddyclub P1's with a +45 and they do not clear the brake caliper bracket on the front of my 05' GD3 fit sport?!

I figured the specs of my wheels are nothing extreme or out of the blue to even indicate or possibility of them not fitting, yet they do not clear the brakes as is!

does this sound right to you guys?

Old 12-16-2013, 11:03 PM
Wheel face design plays a part in this, so just because other +45 fit doesn't make that universally true. Just get some 5mm spacers and call it a day?

Edit: you mean it hits the face right?

Old 12-17-2013, 09:57 PM
Originally Posted by Wanderer.
Wheel face design plays a part in this, so just because other +45 fit doesn't make that universally true. Just get some 5mm spacers and call it a day?

Edit: you mean it hits the face right?
yeah i quickly learnt .. .. but thought it was a generic fitment esp for hondas with no so large brakes that it was fairly generic in terms of specs that it would fit. might've found a new home for them already now, I was going to use spacers, but also had them on the market, and there doesn't seem to be any great replacements at this stage, so I might hold off until I get back from my holiday overseas and sort some out when I get back early next year

thanks

Old 12-17-2013, 10:14 PM
5 Year Member
Oh man, that's a bummer to hear! Hope you can squeeze by with using some spacers or finding someone to buy them from you.

Just a thought... Have you looked at the Kosei K1? They're somewhat similar to what you have, just comes with a lower offset I believe.

Old 12-18-2013, 07:40 AM
Originally Posted by Hootie
Oh man, that's a bummer to hear! Hope you can squeeze by with using some spacers or finding someone to buy them from you.

Just a thought... Have you looked at the Kosei K1? They're somewhat similar to what you have, just comes with a lower offset I believe.

funny you say that, someone purchased them tonight to put on his 98 Daihatsu Mira (not sure what kind of fitment probs he going to have) with that, but seemed like a pretty determined kinda guy and sounded like he knew a bit about kei cars, so good luck to him.

I initially purchased 16x7 Rota Circuit 10's as I really like the look of Mugen MF10's but wont see a set of those for sale here on 2nd hand market and brand new, would be too costly. but gave up on those as I want to try run genuine wheels on the FIT.

Kosei's are buddyclub p1's but yeah, I get what you mean, but they're pretty pricey brand new so wont be going that route, if I come across another set of p1's with better fitting specs, then maybe, but cost is again going to be the factor, regardless, unless I find something before Christmas day, it will have to wait until next year as I fly back to korea for the holidays to spend with my family. updates will be up on my photo thread next year, but good shit to come, I promise, as HKS adjustables have just been purchased but wont be fitted until next year.

Old 12-18-2013, 08:07 AM
5 Year Member
Im curious why you decided on a 15 in the first place?

Old 12-19-2013, 08:00 AM
Originally Posted by De36
Im curious why you decided on a 15 in the first place?
15's are all good, light weight, doesn't affect the way the car drives too differently to standard.