Fit Wheels & Tires Discuss Wheels & Tires for the Fit and Jazz

Fit snow, winter tires,winter driving questions??

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 03:15 PM
Originally Posted by squidmonkey
I'm just outside of Chicago here and the snow factor has always been on my mind. I've had some really bad luck with cars and snow. Last winter after getting off of work I crawled through a storm very carefully for 2 hours and made it home only to get stuck in the 3 feet of snow in my driveway, barely made it past the side walk. Took 3 hours to dig out the next morning, snowblower was busted. I think the Fit will do fine. I am going to load some weight in the back though (mainly safety gear). If it seems shaky I will definitely be looking into all weather tires. We should have a winter stats page for the areas that hit winter first so the rest of us can prep.

-C-
Lucky for you that the area of the country where you live is fairly flat!

Old 11-01-2006, 01:25 AM
5 Year Member
Kingpenguin, my dash rubbed/creaks in the same spot! annoying and the colder it gets the more sounds ha. Annoying as heck, the Fit, a tropical car or a rattling icecube.

Wpg, mb

Old 11-02-2006, 05:35 PM
Winter rims question...

I just bought 4 winter rims for my Fit Sport at Costco. They sold me rims based on this book they had and it listed the 2006 Fit(which doesn't exist, it's 2007). Anyway, they are 15x6 400:1. There's some other numbers here and there on the rim but I can't for the love of me figure out which number correspond's to the offset because I would really like to know before putting these rims on.

I'm going to go check the rims and i'll reply with the other numbers I find. Hopefully someone will know the offset from those numbers.

Old 11-02-2006, 10:24 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by RageOfFury
I just bought 4 winter rims for my Fit Sport at Costco. They sold me rims based on this book they had and it listed the 2006 Fit(which doesn't exist, it's 2007). Anyway, they are 15x6 400:1. There's some other numbers here and there on the rim but I can't for the love of me figure out which number correspond's to the offset because I would really like to know before putting these rims on.

I'm going to go check the rims and i'll reply with the other numbers I find. Hopefully someone will know the offset from those numbers.

Stock rims for the FIT sport are 15x6" 4x100 bolt pattern, 56.1mm hub bore and +55mm wheel offset.

Are the rims you bought from Costco alloy or steel? Did you buy tires as well? 195/55-15 is stock sized. Option for 185/60-15 or 175/65-15.

My local costco doesn't sell any rims.

Old 11-03-2006, 06:48 PM
The rims I bought at Costco are black steel 15x6"/4x100 but I have no clue if they have the appropriate offset. I will go and write down the other numbers that are on the rim and maybe someone can figure out what they mean.

As for the tires, I bought 4 Michelin XICE 195/55R15 winter tires for my Fit Sport. They will be installed next week

Old 11-03-2006, 10:38 PM
5 Year Member
The rims I bought at Costco are black steel 15x6"/4x100 but I have no clue if they have the appropriate offset. I will go and write down the other numbers that are on the rim and maybe someone can figure out what they mean.

As for the tires, I bought 4 Michelin XICE 195/55R15 winter tires for my Fit Sport. They will be installed next week
Costco is good about making sure that you are satisfied. If they were able to look on the chart for fitment and it looked acceptible (even if it was a 2006 FIT/Jazz) it should be ok.

I would guess that the offset of the rims will not be a problem and the tires should fit the rim and your FIT OK.

It's easy to tell if all is well when you drive. The rim is not overly wide and neither is the tire so there should be ample clearance with any rim of offset about +42mm to +50mm. There may be no marking to help you know the actual offset.

Old 11-04-2006, 04:35 PM
If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for the rims? Tires? I'm going to need to get a set soon. I'm all over the road right now.

Old 11-04-2006, 05:08 PM
The rims were 53$ each excluding taxes. The tires were 138$ each excluding taxes.

Old 11-04-2006, 06:27 PM
5 Year Member
Go to your dealer and ask the Parts Manager if they have any 14" steel "take-offs".

These are wheels that they've taken off of cars when they put aftermarket wheels on they, either for their own amusement(?) or by request from a customer who is/has purchased.

I, several years back, could buy about all of them that I wanted at $10/each, or less.

It is definately worth checking out.

I have two sets of 13" Civic/CRX steels, two sets of 14" Civic steels, a set of Plymouth Turismo 14" steels, a set of 15" CR-V steels... My garage runneth over!!

Old 11-04-2006, 09:25 PM
The rims were 53$ each excluding taxes. The tires were 138$ each excluding taxes.
FYI, I got a winter wheel and tire package for my 95 Civic from TireRack.com for the price of the tires (well priced), standard black steel wheels 14 inch (38$ each), and free mount and balance. Shipped to my door, ready for install.

Best balanced wheels I've ever had, oddly, and they are winter tires!

The 14x5.5 steel, X-Ice 175/65 14 Package is $505 shipped to your door, mounted. The Winterforce tire is a little cheaper.

Old 11-07-2006, 01:08 PM
Former Vendor
We still have the steel wheels in stock for the Fit. If I can help just let me know.

Old 11-07-2006, 01:36 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jim@tirerack
We still have the steel wheels in stock for the Fit. If I can help just let me know.
What offset are these? How much?

Thanks,
Todd

Old 11-07-2006, 02:02 PM
Former Vendor
The wheels we have are a 14X5.5 ET45 at 38.00 each. If you buy the wheels and tires they come in mounted and balanced and ready to go. Let me know if I can help.

Old 11-09-2006, 09:20 AM
Question Problem with winter tires

Hi guys !

(sorry for my bad English, I'm a french-canadian...)

I have the Sport version of the Fit and I want to know if you have the same problem than I. When there are 3 or 4 of us in my car, the back tires touch the wing in the back when I'm on the road with bump (even small bump).

At the garage, they told me that it might be because I have winter tires (Toyo 195/55R15).

I don't know if this problem happens on the stock tire because i got my car with the Toyo winter tires already on it.

Do you guys that have winter tires have experienced the same problem than I ?

Simon

Old 11-09-2006, 10:09 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by aqua
Hi guys !

(sorry for my bad English, I'm a french-canadian...)

I have the Sport version of the Fit and I want to know if you have the same problem than I. When there are 3 or 4 of us in my car, the back tires touch the wing in the back when I'm on the road with bump (even small bump).

At the garage, they told me that it might be because I have winter tires (Toyo 195/55R15).

I don't know if this problem happens on the stock tire because i got my car with the Toyo winter tires already on it.

Do you guys that have winter tires have experienced the same problem than I ?

Simon
First, your English is better that most!!

Second, your tires are the correct size; however, the offset on the wheels is probably wrong. The correct offset for a Honda Fit is +55mm. If the dealer installed the wrong wheels, then they need to fix it.

Good luck!

Old 11-09-2006, 03:51 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jim@tirerack
The wheels we have are a 14X5.5 ET45 at 38.00 each. If you buy the wheels and tires they come in mounted and balanced and ready to go. Let me know if I can help.
Are you sure these will "Fit"? haha.

I need to do something pretty soon. What size tires will keep my speedo acurate if I step down to these 14's? Also, will my OEM lugnuts work?

Old 11-09-2006, 07:55 PM
The guys from TireRack won't steer you wrong. As for the wheel size sway to 14", the Base Fit comes with 14's, and since they use a taller profile tire, the rolling radius is the same, or so close you won't ever know the difference. Just order the 14's with the same size tire as the Base Fit, or use a tire size calculator if you want to do something weird.

Good luck.

Old 11-09-2006, 08:00 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by eyedryve
The guys from TireRack won't steer you wrong. As for the wheel size sway to 14", the Base Fit comes with 14's, and since they use a taller profile tire, the rolling radius is the same, or so close you won't ever know the difference. Just order the 14's with the same size tire as the Base Fit, or use a tire size calculator if you want to do something weird.

Good luck.
I definitely want my speedometer correct. Does the Tire Rack offer us member discounts?

Old 11-10-2006, 10:49 AM
5 Year Member
In all my size calculations I think the 185/65R14 deliver the least amount of speedometer discrepancy, with the 175/70R14s in a close second. But I believe the 65 series tire will be more expensive than the 70 series. Run the sizes at http://www.1010tires.com/TireSizeCalculator.asp to make your own decision.

Old 11-24-2006, 03:56 PM
Fit snow, winter tires,winter driving questions??

Has anyone had the chance to drive their fit in the snow yet. Just wondering how it will handle. I'm about to purchase a White Sport (maybe tomorrow), and am wondering how this car will run here in the Pocono mountains of Northeast Pennsylvania.

Thanks TC

Quick Reply: Fit snow, winter tires,winter driving questions??