Gauge Interest in a Fit Product or Group Buy Use this sub-forum to gauge market interest in your Product or Group Buy.
If you decide to sell a Product or proceed with your Group Buy, create your listing in our Non-Fit Vendor Group Buys and Product Sales area.
If you decide to become a forum sponsor with "FIT Vendor" title, please Contact Us for details.

Weapon*R Intake Manifold!

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 05:31 PM
5 Year Member
so has the CEL been turned off now that the new port has been tapped? I just got my tax return check and im down 2 order one, as long as i don't get the dreaded CEL cuz of a stupid EGR valve problem.

Old 07-14-2008, 06:10 PM
5 Year Member
yes now that we have added the port on the flange of the manifold it will clear your CEL problem.

Old 07-15-2008, 12:47 AM
okay, so now that's been fixed i'm ridiculously interested.

what HP gains are there with.. say.. weapon R race header, cat back exhaust and an intake?

basically what I want to know is if we'll be able to run 115-120hp all motor without changing internals?

Last edited by drzenitram; 07-15-2008 at 12:57 AM.
Old 07-15-2008, 01:25 AM
I have a question, so this means that all future intake manifold purchases will keep the EGR functionality right? so does that mean that we don't need a fuel computer anymore since we're keeping the EGR?

Oh yea and how much are these going for now?

Old 07-15-2008, 10:20 AM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
You still need a fuel computer because it adds a lot of extra volume of air

Damn, I can't afford the down time or the shipping costs to get mine fixed by WR

Old 07-15-2008, 12:16 PM
5 Year Member
Prices are still the same and HP & TQ gains will be the same. Sugarphreak we might be able to work something out with you so that yours will get fixed.

Old 07-15-2008, 12:45 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Alright, you got my PM.

Old 10-13-2008, 07:21 AM
5 Year Member
so any one who has this installed is it worth it ? any gains so far and will this work well with turbo kit?

Old 10-13-2008, 09:01 AM
Sugarphreak had it installed and he said it felt great when it was installed but when he had his dyno done he only had gains of I think 4hp ( don't quote me on that tho ). He also had some other things done to his car too so currently he is gone but he has some people working on his car to try and figure out if he is actually getting gains from the manifold or other things or if one thing or another is slowing him down.

Old 10-13-2008, 01:49 PM
5 Year Member
so will this benefit with the T1R Turbo kit ? i was thinkin of usin this with my T1r kit but so far i have not heard of any solid reviews dat this is worth it, and FYI i have a JDM engine not USDM

Old 10-13-2008, 03:59 PM
5 Year Member
we should start a WR header group buy instead
i am going to give up my T1R turbo kit if i can get a good deal on the 2pc header !

Old 10-13-2008, 05:06 PM
5 Year Member
why would u wanna give up ur T1R turbo kit? u not happy wid it ?

Old 10-14-2008, 07:01 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by azkikersfit
why would u wanna give up ur T1R turbo kit? u not happy wid it ?

Not at all...2 many problems...or i am just bad luck

Old 10-14-2008, 11:03 AM
5 Year Member
is it turbo related problems?

Old 01-05-2009, 12:21 PM
I'd get this even if it only got me +1 hp. It just looks so badass lol I will put this on my wishlist :P

Old 06-04-2011, 12:49 AM
I just installed the new version of the Weapon-R Manifold for my car... Here is my review!

Fitment is good but i would have preferred to be able to bolt my wiring harness brackets back on... Also, it needed 4 nuts to be able to bolt the throttle body back on as 1 of the stock ''Brackets'' could'nt be installed due to clearance issues with the brace Weapon-R added on the throttle flange! The MAP sensor vacuum port is just a little bit too large! It's not leaking but still, it can be better! Plus, where is the freaking PCV valve nipple...? Simply inexistant and i won't put it on the brake booster vacuum line as oil fumes into brake booster bladder = Big NO NO!!

So, for the product to be perfect it would need...

-A throttle body brace that will work with the factory mounting hardware!
-A Vacuum port for the PCV system (Catch can mandatory on that intake if you don't want a pool of oil in the intake! Could be sold as a combo!?)
-A design that will allow all factory mounting hardware to be used.. Wiring harnesses, rear manifold mounting point near throttle body, throttle body mounting brackets.. In the meantime i will need Ugly Zip Ties to conserve decent NVH and reliability...

Ohh and, it's making power!! It's making more power in the upper revs but bottom end torque suffered some (Negligible!) probably due to the monstrously large runners... I had to remove fuel anywere except in the upper revs (5500+) on my FIC to conserve safe AFR!! I expected more but probably that it's the stock ''Catalyst and B-Pipe!'' that are holding power back and not the intake system!

Finally, my impressions are that it's a good product but it lacks some refinements... My advice would be to design the product on a car in the market where you intend to sell the product because it makes me wonder if it was designed for another car and then adapted on a Fit!! It's probably better then the first version but it still need some work on it so it can be perfect!!

Marko!!

Old 06-04-2011, 12:52 AM
Originally Posted by DOHCtor
I just installed the new version of the Weapon-R Manifold for my car... Here is my review!

Fitment is good but i would have preferred to be able to bolt my wiring harness brackets back on... Also, it needed 4 nuts to be able to bolt the throttle body back on as 1 of the stock ''Brackets'' could'nt be installed due to clearance issues with the brace Weapon-R added on the throttle flange! The MAP sensor vacuum port is just a little bit too large! It's not leaking but still, it can be better! Plus, where is the freaking PCV valve nipple...? Simply inexistant and i won't put it on the brake booster vacuum line as oil fumes into brake booster bladder = Big NO NO!!

So, for the product to be perfect it would need...

-A throttle body brace that will work with the factory mounting hardware!
-A Vacuum port for the PCV system (Catch can mandatory on that intake if you don't want a pool of oil in the intake! Could be sold as a combo!?)
-A design that will allow all factory mounting hardware to be used.. Wiring harnesses, rear manifold mounting point near throttle body, throttle body mounting brackets.. In the meantime i will need Ugly Zip Ties to conserve decent NVH and reliability...

Ohh and, it's making power!! It's making more power in the upper revs but bottom end torque suffered some (Negligible!) probably due to the monstrously large runners... I had to remove fuel anywere except in the upper revs (5500+) on my FIC to conserve safe AFR!! I expected more but probably that it's the stock ''Catalyst and B-Pipe!'' that are holding power back and not the intake system!

Finally, my impressions are that it's a good product but it lacks some refinements... My advice would be to design the product on a car in the market where you intend to sell the product because it makes me wonder if it was designed for another car and then adapted on a Fit!! It's probably better then the first version but it still need some work on it so it can be perfect!!

Marko!!
What were your AFRs like down low that you had to pull fuel? You can run pretty rich and do so safely. Unless you are pouring in gas to the extent you are washing down the cylinder walls and killing your fuel economy.

To give me a hint at the drop in VE (Torque) can you share how much fuel you pulled.. or even post your before and after tunes?

Thanks for the heads up on all that other jazz too!

Old 06-04-2011, 01:02 AM
I had tuned my car to 12.6 - 12.7:1 AFR with the stock manifold! With the Weapon-R, it went to +- 12.1 up to 2300 - 2400Rpm, +- 12.4 from there up to 4800 - 5000RPM and then progresively leaned up to 13.7:1 at 6500Rpm...

I tried to adjust my AFR but i guess i will just unplug the battery to erase the fuel trims and start over from scratch on the FIC! Anyway i think i may need to do a Idle Relearn Procedure now!

Marko!!