Gauge Interest in a Fit Product or Group Buy Use this sub-forum to gauge market interest in your Product or Group Buy.
If you decide to sell a Product or proceed with your Group Buy, create your listing in our Non-Fit Vendor Group Buys and Product Sales area.
If you decide to become a forum sponsor with "FIT Vendor" title, please Contact Us for details.

PufferFit stickers are GO!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 08:52 PM
5 Year Member
PufferFit stickers are GO!!

We have liftoff! We have liftoff!

I am now taking orders for PufferFit stickers! Here are the 3 types you can order:

1. Multi-colored regular sticker. It will have the PufferFit in any color you choose (this example is in "Orange Revolution") or even just a one color outline, and is printed on white UV vinyl with the adhesive on the back. There is a 5.5" wide size and a 2.5" wide size.

Name:  4coloradhesiveback.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  123.8 KB

2. Multi-colored static sticker. As in the regular sticker, you can have it in any color of your choice, even just a one color outline, but it is printed on white UV vinyl. Since it's a static sticker it's not necessarily a one-time application. You can remove and replace as often as desired, though in consideration of a lot of Fits having tint film applied to the inside of windows, this is designed to be applied on the outside of the car. There is a 5.5" wide size and a 2.5" wide size.

Name:  4colorstatic.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  118.6 KB

3. One color cut sticker. Colors limited to white, black, red, gold, yellow, orange, blue, green, brown, and silver. UV vinyl and adhesive is on the back. There is NO background, just the color for a clean look. This image shown has the top paper covering the sticker. 5.5" wide size only.

Name:  redcutvinyl.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  61.2 KB

Pricing: Multicolored regular and static sticker 5.5" size is $10 plus shipping (shipping will be less than a dollar). 2.5" size is $3.50 plus shipping. (shipping cost is 41 cents U.S.)

The one color cut sticker is $10.50 plus shipping.

Payment: I accept cash, any kind of check or money order, and through PayPal accept any form of payment including debit and credit card, ONLY if you're willing to cover PayPal's additional 2.9% and 30 cent fee that I get charged. So on a $10 sticker, add 41 cents postage (US only) plus 60 cents. Please allow funds to clear before I ship stickers.

I will send the stickers to be printed only after at least a few orders are made to make shipping fees for me more cost-effective. I honestly am not making much profit off these as I wanted a quality printer producing these stickers. It's more for the goodwill of my fellow Fitfreakers.

I would like to acknowledge and thank John, from JM Graphics for producing the high-caliber quality stickers you will be receiving.

Please PM me for orders or any questions you may have.

Happy Fitting!

Last edited by CrystalFiveMT; 11-28-2008 at 09:29 PM.
Old 11-23-2008, 01:39 PM
Kudos to our designer, CrystalFiveMT, and printer, John from JM Graphics. These look really great!

Old 11-23-2008, 04:20 PM
Banned
CrystalFiveMT,

I applaud your industry and your artistry, and you had my interest and commitment to buy until you came up with such weird payment stipulations.

Who the hell would try to scam you for payment on an order worth a few bucks? I would buy all of your offerings, in purple, for my '09 BBP, but I'm not about to jump through hoops to satisfy strange payment requests to do it. I either buy by PayPal funded by my credit card, or credit card payment direct to the vendor. Have done so for many years.

Crooks commit credit card fraud for large stakes- not a few dollars. Anyone who orders from you gives you their trust that the quality will be good because all of your posts have stressed that as your intention. If the quality is NOT good, posts to that effect here will destroy your business. So by ordering, your customers give you their belief in qood quality in advance.

Why not give your customers the same trust by allowing them to use the NORMAL PayPal funding methods? Are we all scammers in advance?

Old 11-23-2008, 04:27 PM
5 Year Member
you have pics of the sticker on acar?

Old 11-23-2008, 04:57 PM
No one has received their orders yet so that's a no. It will be a couple of weeks for mail to arrive at my location in Sudbury from LA, so that's the earliest I can post any pictures.....

Originally Posted by Fitftw
you have pics of the sticker on acar?

Old 11-23-2008, 05:08 PM
Paypal payments

Whoa there! If anyone is to blame for the weird payment stipulations, you can look to me. CrystalFiveMT started this whole long process out of kindness towards me since I really wanted a Pufferfit decal. I can tell you, it's been no picnic for him balancing a hectic work load with designing the image then running around LA, trying to find a quality printer. Thankfully John stepped in to offer his services. However, I can tell you that quality work comes at a price and that CrystalFiveMT is NOT making a real profit on these. At best he'll break even. Really he is doing this out of consideration for his fellow forum members who expressed an interest, that's all.

Any talk to "fear of scammers" is totally off base. Paypal is set up as either a Personal or a Premier account (basically). With a Personal account which is what CrystalFiveMT has (just set it up, at my urging), he pays NO FEES to receive payment from you all IF you pay him via a Paypal account or the other 2 options outlined above. You can look it up under "fees" on the Paypal website. Now if people pay him via debit or credit card linked to their Paypal accounts, he DOES have to pay fees. Therefore, his already ridiculously low "profit" margin is squeezed even more. Note, all you have to do is transfer funds from your bank account to your Paypal account FREE OF CHARGE. This is also a NORMAL method of Paypal payment which incurs zero fees for the seller and the buyer.

Ok, if CrystalFiveMT was doing this for profit, yes he'd be better off setting up a Premier Account on Paypal to accommodate people who insist on paying via a credit card or debit. Keep in mind, he's NOT doing this for profit but at least breaking even would be nice, right? He put alot of time, effort, and his own money into this for the first production run so let's try to see this from his point of view....

Originally Posted by manxman
CrystalFiveMT,

I applaud your industry and your artistry, and you had my interest and commitment to buy until you came up with such weird payment stipulations.

Who the hell would try to scam you for payment on an order worth a few bucks? I would buy all of your offerings, in purple, for my '09 BBP, but I'm not about to jump through hoops to satisfy strange payment requests to do it. I either buy by PayPal funded by my credit card, or credit card payment direct to the vendor. Have done so for many years.

Crooks commit credit card fraud for large stakes- not a few dollars. Anyone who orders from you gives you their trust that the quality will be good because all of your posts have stressed that as your intention. If the quality is NOT good, posts to that effect here will destroy your business. So by ordering, your customers give you their belief in qood quality in advance.

Why not give your customers the same trust by allowing them to use the NORMAL PayPal funding methods? Are we all scammers in advance?

Old 11-23-2008, 06:21 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by FitCanada_Girl
Whoa there! If anyone is to blame for the weird payment stipulations, you can look to me. CrystalFiveMT started this whole long process out of kindness towards me since I really wanted a Pufferfit decal. I can tell you, it's been no picnic for him balancing a hectic work load with designing the image then running around LA, trying to find a quality printer. Thankfully John stepped in to offer his services. However, I can tell you that quality work comes at a price and that CrystalFiveMT is NOT making a real profit on these. At best he'll break even. Really he is doing this out of consideration for his fellow forum members who expressed an interest, that's all.

Any talk to "fear of scammers" is totally off base. Paypal is set up as either a Personal or a Premier account (basically). With a Personal account which is what CrystalFiveMT has (just set it up, at my urging), he pays NO FEES to receive payment from you all IF you pay him via a Paypal account or the other 2 options outlined above. You can look it up under "fees" on the Paypal website. Now if people pay him via debit or credit card linked to their Paypal accounts, he DOES have to pay fees. Therefore, his already ridiculously low "profit" margin is squeezed even more. Note, all you have to do is transfer funds from your bank account to your Paypal account FREE OF CHARGE. This is also a NORMAL method of Paypal payment which incurs zero fees for the seller and the buyer.

Ok, if CrystalFiveMT was doing this for profit, yes he'd be better off setting up a Premier Account on Paypal to accommodate people who insist on paying via a credit card or debit. Keep in mind, he's NOT doing this for profit but at least breaking even would be nice, right? He put alot of time, effort, and his own money into this for the first production run so let's try to see this from his point of view....
FCG-
Thanks for your explanation- that clears up all thoughts of "fear of scammers". I am used to dealing with larger businesses commanding higher prices and higher profits.

On the other hand, on a $10.00 purchase (about the size of my intended order) how high could the PayPal fee be? 10% would be $1.00, 20% would be $2.00, and I would happily pay either fee.

Old 11-23-2008, 07:06 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by manxman
FCG-
Thanks for your explanation- that clears up all thoughts of "fear of scammers". I am used to dealing with larger businesses commanding higher prices and higher profits.

On the other hand, on a $10.00 purchase (about the size of my intended order) how high could the PayPal fee be? 10% would be $1.00, 20% would be $2.00, and I would happily pay either fee.
Thank you FitCanada Girl for explaining it for me. Yes, it has nothing to do with scammers it all has to do with me not merely breaking even or even losing money on this venture.

There is a 4.9% plus 30 cent fee on each transaction with a limit of 5 transactions per year! If I join the Premiere/Business account there's still a 1.9 to 2.9% plus 30 cents per transaction. There are more details to this which honestly makes this operation nothing but a headache and hardly any profit to it. Not to mention a lot of work I have to do with EACH order - tailoring colors on the stickers, preparing the art, corresponding with the Printer, sending the art, retrieving the funds through PayPal, keeping track of orders and addresses, then once receiving the stickers preparing each order to send by mail. It's really turning out to be a hassle, so I don't need to be charged fees on top of my measly profit.

In light of what you said, I would gladly accept debit/credit transactions ONLY if you pay for the extra fees. I know the fees are nominal - that shows you just how little I'm making and yet I'll be continually working for each order.

Old 11-23-2008, 07:34 PM
5 Year Member
Oh, and the fine print on PayPal regarding receiving payments funded by credit card, debit card or buyer credit, there is a limit of 5 transactions per 12 month period for domestic or US transactions. So first come first served. After the 5th such transaction I cannot accept those types of transactions.

Old 11-23-2008, 08:41 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by CrystalFiveMT
Oh, and the fine print on PayPal regarding receiving payments funded by credit card, debit card or buyer credit, there is a limit of 5 transactions per 12 month period for domestic or US transactions. So first come first served. After the 5th such transaction I cannot accept those types of transactions.
CrystalFive,
If you PM me your name and address, I'd be happy to send you a personal check, you wait 'till it clears, then send the order. That way you avoid all of the idiotic crap from PayPal. I meant no accusations in my earlier post- this was the first time I had ever read such stipulations on PayPal payments. In your place, I would not put up with any of this. I'll even send you cash if you prefer, and will send it Certified, Return Receipt Requested so that I know that you got it. I certainly do not expect anyone to lose money on any effort that they make for the benefit of fitfreak members.

PM me regardless- let me know which of my offers you'd like. I'll even give you my toll free phone number to discuss it in person. Again, I respect your efforts to get this project done so well and so efficiently.

Dave

Last edited by manxman; 11-23-2008 at 08:54 PM.
Old 11-23-2008, 10:06 PM
Banned
Rae and I have exchanged PM's. I am going to buy one of each type, and one of each size, in the color purple for my GE8 BBP. I have no idea what size or type will look the best, so I am covered by buying all of them.

Old 11-24-2008, 02:29 AM
Banned
Alright everyone, all information above is correct. As for the 1 color regular vinyl ones, colors available only are:

white, black, red, gold, yellow, orange, blue, green, brown, silver

Look! Even my pig likes these!

Old 11-24-2008, 09:04 AM
You mean option #3, the one color cut sticker, right? To quote Rae, "UV vinyl and adhesive is on the back. There is NO background, just the color for a clean look. This image shown has the top paper covering the sticker. 5.5" wide size only". Just want to be sure everone is clear on all the options.... Oh and awfully cute Guinea Pig

Originally Posted by john@JM Graphics
Alright everyone, all information above is correct. As for the 1 color regular vinyl ones, colors available only are:

white, black, red, gold, yellow, orange, blue, green, brown, silver

Look! Even my pig likes these!

Old 11-24-2008, 10:37 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by FitCanada_Girl
You mean option #3, the one color cut sticker, right? To quote Rae, "UV vinyl and adhesive is on the back. There is NO background, just the color for a clean look. This image shown has the top paper covering the sticker. 5.5" wide size only". Just want to be sure everone is clear on all the options.... Oh and awfully cute Guinea Pig
Yep, thats it!

Old 11-24-2008, 11:34 AM
Ok. I'll pass that along to Rae so he can edit his original post where he says "available in ANY color".

Originally Posted by john@JM Graphics
Yep, thats it!

Old 11-24-2008, 12:18 PM
5 Year Member
Very cut piggy!! Looks like a stare down between pig and pufferfit.

Sorry, I had no idea of the limited color options. I'll edit the notes now.

Old 11-24-2008, 12:20 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by CrystalFiveMT
Very cut piggy!! Looks like a stare down between pig and pufferfit.

Sorry, I had no idea of the limited color options. I'll edit the notes now.
Really, the colors i carry in stock should be more than enough for everyone. These are all colors i sell on a weekly basis in other vinyls

Old 11-24-2008, 02:55 PM
5 Year Member
I have now decided to upgrade my PayPal account to Premiere, which means you can now pay via credit/debit through PayPal. You Fitfreakers have been very generous and understanding, which extends my goodwill even further. Thanks.

Last edited by CrystalFiveMT; 11-24-2008 at 03:23 PM.
Old 11-24-2008, 04:19 PM
Payment options broadened

WOOHOO!!!! If my fellow Fitfreakers have not noticed, CrystalFiveMT is now willing to accept ANY form of payment, pretty much. Specifically, he'll take cash, money order, cheque, or Paypal (funded by Paypal balance, debit, credit card). Great news since this means that anyone can now order the decals....

I have a 2 week wait since mine are coming all the way from LA to Northeastern Ontario, Canada. Hope those of you who get theirs before I do post plenty of pictures!

Old 11-24-2008, 04:22 PM
Banned
Hey Rae,

I hope that I didn't lead you into this. The fees that you quoted didn't sound bad, but the restriction of 5 transaction certainly did sound bad. I will still send you a check to hold the order until the check clears. That will make room in your PayPal acct. for someone else to use. Thanks again for all of your efforts. You SHOULD charge enough to make a profit (but then of course IB would ream you on vendor's fees-- avoid that!).

Quick Reply: PufferFit stickers are GO!!