Gauge Interest in a Fit Product or Group Buy Use this sub-forum to gauge market interest in your Product or Group Buy.
If you decide to sell a Product or proceed with your Group Buy, create your listing in our Non-Fit Vendor Group Buys and Product Sales area.
If you decide to become a forum sponsor with "FIT Vendor" title, please Contact Us for details.

New Product: Rogue brake / engine duct

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 11:25 AM
Merchant / Group Buy Organizer ( non-certified )
New Product: Rogue brake / engine duct

This is not a group buy or an advert for parts for sale, rather, I've sent out the first couple lower air ducts to both redrumm and ghg78 for some testing and if everything works out I plan to start producing these parts soon. For now, I would like to get an idea of the possible interest.
I'm still working on a carbon cover (blank) for the passenger side for those who may want a carbon duct for the drivers side.

These were primarily designed to be used on the base model but I'm also planning on offering them as a cover for the stock fog light housing.

Here is a pic (provided by redrumm) of one of the painted parts:

Please also check out a thread by redrumm here:
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...rogue-fit.html

A couple pics of the first carbon ones can be seen here:
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/gaug...housing-3.html

For now the idea is to offer a single duct, probably used for intake air supply, for: $65.00 exposed carbon or $50.00 painted carbon.

For a set of two, both drivers and passengers sides, possibly used for brake cooling and or air supply the price will likely be around: $120.00 exposed carbon or $95.00 painted carbon.

Thanks for looking and any feed back is welcomed.

Old 04-20-2009, 12:36 PM
5 Year Member
Looks awesome. What's the difference between exposed carbon and painted carbon?

Old 04-21-2009, 12:34 AM
Basically the parts are all vacuum bagged carbon fiber parts, only the one shown above is painted black, and an exposed carbon one would be painted with clear so you can see the weave.
Going a little beyond that the difference for me is that I don't worry too much about the weave for a painted part. Also I usually used a layer of 8 harness satin weave (a very tight and dense carbon weave) for the back lay and for painted parts I often use the 8hs for the top layer too.
So again basically they are all carbon and some are just black, or I suppose if you would rather I could just prime them.

Old 04-21-2009, 01:13 AM
5 Year Member
nice. thanks

Old 04-21-2009, 10:31 AM
5 Year Member
i really like mine. thanks again rogue fit for providing this!!!

Old 04-21-2009, 10:57 AM
Super Moderator
thats pretty cool. Will you be making just covers in the future? I was thinking a few days ago that I would like something like a cover for the fog lights to make it look like a base bumper. Another question is I have the KWSC kit so my intake is on the other side, will you be making a duct for the passenger side?

Old 04-21-2009, 11:33 AM
Originally Posted by MNfit
thats pretty cool. Will you be making just covers in the future? I was thinking a few days ago that I would like something like a cover for the fog lights to make it look like a base bumper. Another question is I have the KWSC kit so my intake is on the other side, will you be making a duct for the passenger side?
I'm in the process of making a cover (blank) for the pass. side, and it wouldn't take much to make one for drivers side too.
Right now I have the molds for both sides so the duct is available for either or both sides.

Old 04-21-2009, 11:38 AM
Super Moderator
cool, then when you start making these ill probably want to by a cover for both sides and a passenger duct all painted

Old 05-19-2009, 11:27 PM
Super Moderator
any update on the covers?