Gauge Interest in a Fit Product or Group Buy Use this sub-forum to gauge market interest in your Product or Group Buy.
If you decide to sell a Product or proceed with your Group Buy, create your listing in our Non-Fit Vendor Group Buys and Product Sales area.
If you decide to become a forum sponsor with "FIT Vendor" title, please Contact Us for details.

Group request for new hood style...

Old 07-28-2010, 03:06 PM
5 Year Member
#1 BlackNDecker
#2 TheEvil0ne
#3 Baylorbro
#4 Grocerysnake
#5 insane_one
#6 roddy
#7 Btrthnezr3
#8 BMXman (2) that's right two b!tches...lol

Old 07-28-2010, 03:32 PM
if no forum vendor jumps on, i can contact seibon, they usually take on jobs like these, except that they require something like 25-30 for sure buyers to put deposit. i can try to contact other cf makers to see if they require a lower number minimum like vis, raceonusa, carbon creations (extreme dimensions), etc..

i've worked with carbon creations before on a production hood, their fitment at the time on a mazda 3 was very legit and 1 year warranty from fading.

Old 07-28-2010, 07:43 PM
Ok guys...good news. Got a response from JDP, but waiting to make sure he's ok with me posting his response.

FYI, we're more than half way to getting this going....

Old 07-28-2010, 09:11 PM
5 Year Member
Well Makita it seems like you may have gotten a positive response from JDP. Hope it works out for all of you and people don't flake out when it comes time to pony up the funds. Of course Amanda is exempt as said she wouldn't be able to do this till at least winter time. :P Nobody else has an excuse if your name is on the list. I kid, I kid, because of course something unexpected could always come about.

Old 07-28-2010, 09:26 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by 555sexydrive
Well Makita it seems like you may have gotten a positive response from JDP. Hope it works out for all of you and people don't flake out when it comes time to pony up the funds. Of course Amanda is exempt as said she wouldn't be able to do this till at least winter time. :P Nobody else has an excuse if your name is on the list. I kid, I kid, because of course something unexpected could always come about.
hhaahahahaa i lol'd

Old 07-28-2010, 11:31 PM
5 Year Member
I hope you guys are more fortunate than the GD owners that are almost daily searching the thread about the JDP rear diffuser for their cars..... We've heard nothing in months but it was said to be in development...... Amanda is an industrious gal that is as crazy as the craziest of the Freaks when it comes to her Adele....She will come up with the money quicker than a ferret on a milk snake if that hood is marketed at a good price.

Old 07-29-2010, 10:22 AM
JDP
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
I hope you guys are more fortunate than the GD owners that are almost daily searching the thread about the JDP rear diffuser for their cars..... We've heard nothing in months but it was said to be in development...... Amanda is an industrious gal that is as crazy as the craziest of the Freaks when it comes to her Adele....She will come up with the money quicker than a ferret on a milk snake if that hood is marketed at a good price.

I thought I chime in regarding the GD diffuser project....it's done. However, considering all the pressures and negative comments about me taking too long really put me at a point to just not offer it. Plus, no one was willing to put down a small deposit to show commitment. I really hope people understand where I'm coming from.

If there's interest, and people show commitment, it will be done.

Last edited by JDP; 07-29-2010 at 10:25 AM.
Old 07-29-2010, 10:37 AM
JDP quoted me 15 with serious interest willing to put down a $40 deposit. We've got 9 now, so waiting for 6 more.

6 more people...come on!!

Old 07-29-2010, 11:12 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JDP
I thought I chime in regarding the GD diffuser project....it's done. However, considering all the pressures and negative comments about me taking too long really put me at a point to just not offer it. Plus, no one was willing to put down a small deposit to show commitment. I really hope people understand where I'm coming from.

If there's interest, and people show commitment, it will be done.
There certainly were a lot of negative comments and I can understand you being put off by that.... I think a lot of it is due to the lack of maturity of and patience of a lot of the younger people that frequent this forum.. The lack of financial commitment probably is due to experiences with Ikona where a number of members had sent money for promised parts that were never made..... I am still patiently waiting like I asked the guys with the negative comments to do many times when I posted on the tread and I am ready to pay for a functional well made product whenever it is available like I did when Kraft Werks finally finished development of their kit.

Old 07-29-2010, 11:26 AM
I'm not too sure if a rear diffuser is more inclined to "form" than "function"... so there might lay the issue of "interest".

A fully functional venting hood on the other hand is a big "1up" and may be of great interest than any appearance oriented dress kit.

$40 deposit on the hood? That's a very low reasonable down payment. Heck I could go higher on deposit just to get this thing rollin. A time frame would be great as well.

Last edited by ThEvil0nE; 07-29-2010 at 11:41 AM.
Old 07-29-2010, 11:41 AM
5 Year Member
Unfortunately the majority of Fit owners are more oriented toward appearance items with JDM labels than performance items that actually improve their cars.... When I told the person that started this thread of the louvers I have on my car and linked him to where I purchased them his response was negative because he didn't like the way they looked....

Old 07-29-2010, 12:22 PM
Argh!!! I hate posting thru AT&T 3g network!!!

I would agree TC... But then I'm also glad I went with the fit. FIT tweaking is more like a cult than something that's common with typical overly populated bolt-ons/stick-ons... I'll stay within the cult circle haha can't wait to be off the warranty period so I can and might consider *looks at Texas Cayote's siggy* lol

Old 07-29-2010, 02:03 PM
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
Unfortunately the majority of Fit owners are more oriented toward appearance items with JDM labels than performance items that actually improve their cars.... When I told the person that started this thread of the louvers I have on my car and linked him to where I purchased them his response was negative because he didn't like the way they looked....
I recall the conversation you are referring to, I tried searching for the thread but was unable to find it.

To paraphrase, I posted a pic of the FD2 mugen RR vented hood (which is a beautiful combo of looks and function) and was trying to recruit interest for a custom Fit hood from one of the vendors (ironically just like this thread). Your response was to purchase metal louvers and stick them on top of the hood.
Apparently my response chaffed your cornhole, but I'm sticking with my original reply. I'd rather have something functional that looks good rather than have something functional that looks like ass. Apparently most people agree judging from the enthusiasm to this thread compared with the number of people using the louvers you suggested. Just saying...

I really don't want to derail this thread with petty arguments. If you want to discuss this further we can do so privately or in a new thread.

Old 07-29-2010, 03:07 PM
I just want a hood that would function well on the heat dissipation in the engine bay department while keeping the look as close to stock as possible and unassuming (lines on stock are great as it is). Tracy looks like a winner. A big plus if the under-the-hood stock air intake dam would still be usable/mountable.

I don't think is a huge manufacturing job as you are keeping stock hood lines...
take a donor hood + clay mold it + intigrate/recess the vent + apply the cf and or resin process + cure

10 initial sure buyers should be making good money...

Last edited by ThEvil0nE; 07-29-2010 at 03:10 PM.
Old 07-29-2010, 04:19 PM
Originally Posted by sooznd
ugh--would not want that hood cover on my fit--looks like a car jock strap
It's not a hood cover, it''s a hood. And jock straps are quite functional...just saying

Old 07-29-2010, 10:15 PM
any updates???

Old 07-29-2010, 10:53 PM
JDP said we need 15 people willing to put down a $40 deposit. Maybe since we already have 9, we could each cough up $65 to push this forward?

I'll PM JDP and see what he says...I think it's only a matter of time till we get 15+ signed up.

I'll keep yall posted.

Old 07-29-2010, 11:16 PM
I don't mind putting an advance on a "sure thing"... heck I even put down $800 upfront for a set of wheels which I won't be seeing for about 2 months

is JDP the only option? how about Seibon? any word?

Old 07-30-2010, 12:53 AM
I haven't contacted seibon yet. but their usual demands are atleast 25 people. if jdp can do it, I'd wait it out. and I'm willing to deposit 65 anytime now

Old 07-30-2010, 02:46 AM
Lets get this goin, more people!!!!!

Anybody have a guess as to how much this will cost in the end? Decker, any word?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Group request for new hood style...