Gauge Interest in a Fit Product or Group Buy Use this sub-forum to gauge market interest in your Product or Group Buy.
If you decide to sell a Product or proceed with your Group Buy, create your listing in our Non-Fit Vendor Group Buys and Product Sales area.
If you decide to become a forum sponsor with "FIT Vendor" title, please Contact Us for details.

Apexi Coilovers for GE-8 on a Group Buy ONLY

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 02:09 AM
I want to get know what do we do from Apexi Coilovers for GE-8........?

Old 08-31-2011, 02:16 AM
Originally Posted by lonny001
I want to get know what do we do from Apexi Coilovers for GE-8........?
"I want to know where do we get Apexi Coilovers for GE-8"

dude...is this what you mean?

Old 08-31-2011, 10:04 AM
Update. Been on the lowest setting since I put them on. No complaints. I havent messed with the shock stiffness yet, but i want to try full hard (dont lol at me) i like the racecar feeling. has anyone tried that yet?

Old 09-08-2011, 02:57 PM
I have had em on the hardest setting for a while no complaints, I love that tight feeling also, the bumps are hell though but if you can deal with that then go for it!!!

Old 09-08-2011, 03:38 PM
has anyone adjusted this nut? im assuming its shock length. havent really looked into it. the area circled in green below....

honestly, when i installed these, i was curious, but too excited to fully read the instructions lol. ill check them when i get home. figured id ask to see if anyone has messed with it already

Old 09-12-2011, 02:11 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SSMTEN
has anyone adjusted this nut? im assuming its shock length. havent really looked into it. the area circled in green below....

honestly, when i installed these, i was curious, but too excited to fully read the instructions lol. ill check them when i get home. figured id ask to see if anyone has messed with it already
Even though i did sell mine, I read the instructions thoroughly and asked Masaki many many questions...this nut is supposed to be adjusted for length along with your spring adjustments. They are to be equally adjusted so that stress is not overwhelming on one part or the other. If you take a look at the instructions, it was preset at a default height, and you can see the amount of thread you have left to adjust up or down...just make sure you don't exceed the max amount of thread outside of the case.

Old 09-12-2011, 02:16 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Java^FiT
Even though i did sell mine, I read the instructions thoroughly and asked Masaki many many questions...this nut is supposed to be adjusted for length along with your spring adjustments. They are to be equally adjusted so that stress is not overwhelming on one part or the other. If you take a look at the instructions, it was preset at a default height, and you can see the amount of thread you have left to adjust up or down...just make sure you don't exceed the max amount of thread outside of the case.
Well I know that shortens or extends the body of the shock , meaning u can adjust the travel of the cylinder of the shock! I haven't messed with mine but not sure if i should 0__0 ! U think it would make a difference in height?

Old 09-12-2011, 02:19 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jdmjunkie561
Well I know that shortens or extends the body of the shock , meaning u can adjust the travel of the cylinder of the shock! I haven't messed with mine but not sure if i should 0__0 ! U think it would make a difference in height?
All I know is that based on the instructions and what information I got from Masaki, all of the height adjustments are to be made in unison with one another.

Old 09-12-2011, 02:22 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Java^FiT
All I know is that based on the instructions and what information I got from Masaki, all of the height adjustments are to be made in unison with one another.
Well I wouldn't know how to go about adjusting that

Old 09-12-2011, 02:25 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jdmjunkie561
Well I wouldn't know how to go about adjusting that
When you loosen that nut, which is tight as all hell fyi, that section with the bushing either screws into or out of the rest of the shock casing giving you an overall longer or shorter shock length. In conjunction with the height you have your rear springs set to this will either hurt or help your suspension travel i presume. If someone a little more knowledgeable feels like chiming in and correcting anything ive said feel free...but i believe that is fairly accurate.

For example: if you make it proportionately shorter than your spring setting more of the travel will be resting on your springs where as if its longer, your putting more stress on your shock. So if they are set up within the correct tolerance of each other you will have a perfect "in-between" feeling. Or so i think haha

Last edited by Java^FiT; 09-12-2011 at 02:28 PM.
Old 09-17-2011, 02:41 AM
5 Year Member
Java^FIT is pretty much spot on.

The most important thing to remember is to make sure of the 2 important points:

1. Make sure when the car is off the ground with no load on the suspension, that the rear spring has just enough preload on it when adjusting that bottom nut on the bottom of the shock cylinder whether it be longer or shorter. The last thing you want to happen though a very rare situation if the rear of the car lifted just enough to where the spring could potentially fall right out.

2. Reference the instructions on the amount of thread required at the bottom of the shock. That is like a threaded bolt that threads into the shock cylinder, and without the required amount of threads, this could cause potentially dangerous conditions.

Masaki @ A'PEXi

Old 05-21-2012, 04:34 AM
Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead, but I just bought these from SSMTEN. I want the fronts to go lower and I'm maxed out already. I was wondering if I could take out the 2 bottom lock rings to give me another inch or so. In my head, I don't see any harm in it because since its already maxed out, nothing would be able to move anyway. Sorry for the noob question, this is my first time with coilovers.